PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 31 x 10.50 spare

subzali
10-01-2005, 08:12 PM
or something close to that.

I'm just looking to replace my dry-rotted undersized spare. Give me your cheapest offer on something that's only good for holding air, putting weight on and getting me out of a fix. Or any suggestions on where to look? The more I look at that tire the more it scares me, but I'm not ready to buy all new rubber yet.

mhdsummers
10-04-2005, 11:14 AM
I have a 235/75 R15 on a steel rim. I think thats about 29x9.5. I lined it up to my old 31x10.5s and it was the same diameter so I used it as my spare until I go new tires.

It has enough tread to be safe and holds air.

You can have it if you want to come to Broomfield and pick it up.

subzali
10-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks Bruce! :cool: Thanks all for the offers, got a new spare at the meeting this evening...now to just secure it to keep it from being stolen, gotta protect my investment! And the more I look at them, the more I like those 60 series chrome rims, very sharp looking! :cool: Maybe I'll have to get me a full set!

Rzeppa
10-06-2005, 04:57 PM
You know the old expression: "Chrome don't get ya home"

subzali
10-06-2005, 08:23 PM
LOL I got black spokes now (one majorly bent, you should see how much weight is on that thing, it's got over 12 ounces on the outside and 5 ounces on the inside :o ), and I got some white spokes from Ige that's gonna sport my next set of tires until some chromies come my way :D . But those'lll be for when I'm cruising the strip in Golden! :rolleyes: :D