PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a new house....

treerootCO
01-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Keep your eyes open for me. I need/want to move by 1/1/2008 into a better place. The city knows about the Cruisers. The rental yard next door wants to buy my property so I offered it to them for $200,000.

I can't stand living on a street anymore. Something with acreage would be nice or maybe a cul-de-sac. I want/need a detached garage or building codes that would allow me to build one. I want/need a house with an open floor plan and a chef style kitchen. Cookie cutter homes are not my style unless I can get a piece of urban sprawl with one. A city that doesn't cater to Wal-Mart would be nice as well.

I am not going to rule it out but I would rather not move East quite yet. Brighton, Keensburg, Hudson, Henderson, Ft. Lupton, Dacono are out at the moment. I cannot deal with covenants and HOAs. I really like Louisville, Golden, Lyons, and parts of Loveland.

If you are or know a good Realtor, feel free to give them my info. Post up if you see something for sale. Pics and MLS#s would be really cool if you can.

IanB
01-09-2007, 08:31 PM
I like Louisville, its pretty suburban but its close to Boulder so there's lots to do :smokin:

...and if you run out of beer you just go over to Uncle Ben's place and drink his ;) :lmao: :bowdown: :beer:

Romer
01-09-2007, 10:11 PM
I think there are parts of englewood that might fit your description. I figure if some of the old properties have horse barns you can put cruisers in there. Then you would be close to Ron at RMC and Burt.

Baily, conifer or any of those places might be good as well.

Rzeppa
01-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Baily, conifer or any of those places might be good as well.Conifer rocks. Close to Joe Calleja at CTS too. Check out http://pinecam.com

Nick F.
01-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Conifer rocks. Close to Joe Calleja at CTS too. Check out http://pinecam.com

+2 on that. The wife and I really enjoy living in the mountains. Plus you get alot more property and house for your money. We could have got a shotgun shack in Golden, for what we got a real nice house/yard/detached garage for in Conifer. Plus the scenery & small town envirornment. Anything past Pine junction gets to be too long of a commute imho.

Rzeppa
01-10-2007, 12:03 AM
+2 on that. The wife and I really enjoy living in the mountains. Plus you get alot more property and house for your money. We could have got a shotgun shack in Golden, for what we got a real nice house/yard/detached garage for in Conifer. Plus the scenery & small town envirornment. Anything past Pine junction gets to be too long of a commute imho.Unless you work in Conifer :-)

I love my commute up South Turkey Creek. Get to see bull elks dancing in the snow while hawks watch from above. Beautiful place!

sanchius
01-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Mike

My wife is a great realtor in the north metro area, based out of Broomfield. She's very consciencious and will take great care of you. And, as a bonus, she's been known to take our FJ60 to show houses under adverse conditions. I'll send her your requirements. You can contact her at annebuja@topproducer.com

Keep your eyes open for me. I need/want to move by 1/1/2008 into a better place. The city knows about the Cruisers. The rental yard next door wants to buy my property so I offered it to them for $200,000.
If you are or know a good Realtor, feel free to give them my info. Post up if you see something for sale. Pics and MLS#s would be really cool if you can.

FJBen
01-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Hmmm...I know of a house in greeley for sale :rolleyes: 3000 sq ft, 2 car garage :thumb: :beer: :beer: :beer: :flamingo: cheap compared to there :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ;)

Rezarf
01-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Mike-

I will throw out another vote for Louisville, it feels like a small town and the city officials are fighting to keep it that way. I am not sure about finding a place with some property but I couldn't afford to look at places that had some.

Drew

Maddmatt
01-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I love living in Louisville, but all things being equal I would have to throw a vote in for the Conifer/Aspen Park area. Look around Turkey Creek (that's the road Tiny Town is on). I grew up there, and I can tell you that relative to the rest of the front range, it's not changed since 1978, I'm sure prices have gone up but if you like snow, and horses, and neighbors with trucks in their yards, Turkey Creek is the way to go.

Bobzooki
01-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Let me tell you a little secret about Gilpin County.

1 acre, 4,000+ square foot 10-year-old home, just off Highway 119.

Just over $600 PER YEAR in property taxes.

bustanutley
01-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Mike,

My friend/old co-worker is now a realtor, he is based out of Longmont. He is a really good guy, he built his own house up in Allanspark, Im sure he would be amped to help in your search.

His name is Keith Kozielski
# is 303-917-3239
KeithK@kw.com

Give me a ring if you want to know more

And there is the realtor/good friend of my folks that they always use.

Don Mathison

200K? hardcore sounds like 100% profit to me :)

AxleIke
01-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Pine Junction really isn't that bad of a communte. Grew up there, parents still live there and commute to wadsworth and hampden every day. 45 minutes in good weather, slower in the bad.

It IS a commute, but got 8 acres of property for 16 grand, built the house they wanted, and live in an area where one cannot have visual contact with the neighbors or neighbors houses from any part of our house, including standing on the roof.

Good luck with the search.

Hulk
01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Plus you could hang out with Dave Brown in Pine Junction.

treerootCO
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Bringing this back to the top....

Had some stuff to deal with but I am back on track now. I emailed anne. I haven't called Keith yet.

sanchius
03-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Mike, Lawrence showed me this this morning and I've searched my e-mail, but have nothing from you. Could there have been a mistake in how it was mailed? you can reach me at my cell number, 303-669-3069, or try e-mailing me again at annebuja@topproducer.com. Not sure why it didn't come through and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Anne Buja

treerootCO
03-09-2007, 08:29 AM
The emails I had sent went to your coloprop email address. I sent a new one today to the address above.

Beater
03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
www.recolorado.com

best damn site for real estate...

Rezarf
03-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Mike I have a close personal friend who listens to what you want! He would show me anything outside of what I asked him to, and always stayed within my price range, I cannot recommend him enough.

His is with Wright Kingdom Property in Boulder, with your permission I will give him a ring for you, and get him in touch with you.

Drew

treerootCO
04-23-2007, 11:20 AM
http://www.coloradohomestop.com/

best site ever! Finally a way to search all of Colorado by region.

I am sad there are no homes with an acre, 13+ car garage, and an easy commute for under 200,000.

Rock Dog
04-24-2007, 12:40 AM
I have been looking in Conifer area for awhile, and found a few places with smaller houses, but acreage and large garages with NO covenants or home owners assoc... My neiborhood on the south side has no covenants and larger garages. To have 5 or 6 cars is not out of the norm here...
I suggest using this website for hunting what is available..

http://homes.realtor.com

treerootCO
06-25-2007, 12:21 AM
It is official, the city of Wheat Ridge no longer wants me living in their communist, nazi, extremist, fascist, pinko, racist, subversive, supremacist, ultraist, bent, crooked, corrupt, debauched, double-dealing, exploiting, extortionate, fixed, foul, fraudulent, inconstant, iniquitous, knavish, nefarious, perfidious, reprobate, rotten, shady, snide, tainted, treacherous, two-faced, underhanded, unethical, unfaithful, unprincipled, unscrupulous, untrustworthy, venal community... :mad:

What ever happened to live and let live? I keep to myself and never cause problems. The %$#^% that was evicted before I bought this house had destroyed every inch of the property. It took a year and a half to evict them and each step of the way the City and the court system ruled in their favor because of their backwards laws that protect the renters. The house was raided by the FBI twice. Three times if you count the no knock raid the wonderful city of Wheat Ridge gave me as a present because the laws don't apply to the incompetent. The day I moved in I started making this community a better place to live. Property values increased and more that a few neighbors came by to thank me for buying this property. I was about a week away from getting the entire house resided and a new roof installed. Now I feel so jaded I may as well just give up and leave....

treerootCO
06-25-2007, 12:30 AM
2 beds, 1.0 baths, 704 sq ft

$157,174 ???

sleeoffroad
06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
My guess is some business wants to expand or buy the block as you suspect. From that overhead, how are you different from the businesses next to you. I would suggest you start the process to get it rezones commercial, which wh should not be that difficult based on the area around you. Your property should be worth more, then you can sell you can sell it and buy something better.

Maybe you can get them to back off while the case is being "reviewed"

acon40
06-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Hey man, I vote for Louisville......Like others said, boulder ir right there but as you took the road to 36 from my place I can head to denver that way and 25 is within reach too. Depending where you go you can get some great deals right now. Mine that you saw was 300k and that seems to be the rough range right around here One key I like about Louisville, it's a small town. Small enough that they can stay on top of most things about the town. .... oh yea and the skate park.....is it time for kids to go back into school yet so I can reclaim that hahaha.

Uncle Ben
06-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Here is an aerial of my Aunts place that isn't listed yet but will be soon. You can see that there is a HUGE shop and a long pole barn. I tried to call but she must be out for a couple days...

acon40
06-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Uncle, that is not in Louisville right?

treerootCO
06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
My guess is some business wants to expand or buy the block as you suspect. From that overhead, how are you different from the businesses next to you. I would suggest you start the process to get it rezones commercial, which wh should not be that difficult based on the area around you. Your property should be worth more, then you can sell you can sell it and buy something better.

Maybe you can get them to back off while the case is being "reviewed"

My land is already zoned commercial. The only part of my property zoned residential is a 5' strip along the South fence. In the map above, North is up.

Hey man, I vote for Louisville......Like others said, boulder ir right there but as you took the road to 36 from my place I can head to denver that way and 25 is within reach too. Depending where you go you can get some great deals right now. Mine that you saw was 300k and that seems to be the rough range right around here One key I like about Louisville, it's a small town. Small enough that they can stay on top of most things about the town. .... oh yea and the skate park.....is it time for kids to go back into school yet so I can reclaim that hahaha.

Louisville would be nice but 300,000 is more than I can afford.

Here is an aerial of my Aunts place that isn't listed yet but will be soon. You can see that there is a HUGE shop and a long pole barn. I tried to call but she must be out for a couple days...

I am interested but I am afraid I would overextend myself and no longer be able to work on my junk. I would have an awesome place to work and zero monies to do so...

Let me know what she is asking and I'll see what I can do.

acon40
06-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Hahaha tell me about it........oh the days of having food :)

Kipper
06-25-2007, 11:08 AM
If yours and Christo's suspicions are correct, I'd list the place at 150%+ value and sit on it. At that high of a markup, no one will come look at it so you won't have to deal with the hassle of showing the house, but if there is a business that is anxious to get the land, you might come out ahead?

Or you could, commit to saying there, move forward with making it commercial, do an addition on the house, with an attached 6 car garage. I sure would hate to see you leave the area. What will I do when I break something wrenching at 11pm and need parts?!

Uncle Ben
06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Uncle, that is not in Louisville right?

No.....near Keensburg

Rzeppa
06-25-2007, 08:09 PM
2x on the Conifer suggestion. Depending on what your commute would be.

Re: The reason for your post...particulars? The City of Wheat Ridge's raid you referred to? What did they do?

Funny; when I was shopping for a home for my family 22 years ago, I found an awesome 1500 ft2 garage in Kittredge, as a bonus it came with a house!!!

I agree with Christo, there may be more nefarious forces at work, not the least of which may be graft and corruption from our well-known Jeffco officials.

treerootCO
06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=480017&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

???

MDH33
06-26-2007, 04:18 PM
http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=480017&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

???

That looks pretty cool. Are you thinking of just using the land and building as a shop and keeping something closer to the city to live/work?

bustanutley
06-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Berthod is a way dope area, kinda a huck from your work, I would probably be willing to sacrifice.

treerootCO
07-11-2007, 02:58 PM
ttt

I am thinking West now....

treerootCO
07-16-2007, 01:40 PM
I guess this is now one of the more pressing matters at the moment. Let me know if you see something that is for sale.

Beater
07-16-2007, 01:54 PM
You will have good luck also looking closer in on the west side of denver- buy two lots, and a fence and your done

Red_Chili
07-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Olde Littleton is a great place to live, but the code enforcement officer (Becky) is a nice lady, but quite strict. Probably for the best, but wouldn't be convenient for your 45 collection!

Jacket
07-16-2007, 04:22 PM
This place has acreage and a nice detached garage. It says "Golden", but I'd guess Coal Creek Canyon.
http://www.coloproperty.com/Reports/index.cfm?&Action=DetailReport&MLSNumber=529972

How far "west" do you want to go?

corsair23
07-16-2007, 04:38 PM
This place has acreage and a nice detached garage. It says "Golden", but I'd guess Coal Creek Canyon.
http://www.coloproperty.com/Reports/index.cfm?&Action=DetailReport&MLSNumber=529972

How far "west" do you want to go?

That looks pretty nice...Says it needs some TLC so maybe the pics are deceiving? That garage looks pretty smokin' as well.

According to Yahoo maps it is North of Blackhawk off Hwy 119

Yahoo map (http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&q1=173%20Timber%20Dr,%20Golden,%20CO%2080401&trf=0&lon=-105.450726&lat=39.823436&mag=6)

art hog
07-16-2007, 06:56 PM
It's almost to the top of HWY 46 I know the rd. There are allot of older molble homes on that road.

Romer
07-16-2007, 07:05 PM
5 Car detached garage

http://www.recolorado.com/Search/propertyDetail.asp?mls_number=532268#

http://tsmtbdpr4.pdclane.net/photos/2-53/532268a.jpg

Address:
226 PARK DR
CASTLE ROCK, 80104Price:
$285,000
Description:
CORNER, COVERED PATIO, DOUBLE PANE WINDOWS, DISPOSAL, DISHWASHER, EATING SPACE KITCHEN, FORMAL DINING, GARDEN AREA, PATIO, RV PARKING, SMOKE ALARM, TILE FLOOR, VIEW MOUNTAINS, WALL TO WALL CARPETING
Public Remarks:
UNIQUE SPANISH STUCCO RANCH IN SUPER LOCATI ON. TILE FLOORING, THREE FIREPLACES, NEW WINDOWS, 5 CAR GARAGE, HUGE LOT CORNER LOT WITH MATURE TREES! LOOK AT THE SQUARE FOOTA GE !. BUYER TO VERIFY ALL MEASUREMENTS.
Property Type: RESIDENTIALConstruction: FRAMEStyle: RANCHFinished Square Ft: 3164Bedrooms: 3Bathrooms: 3Year Built: 1973Lot Size: 17728Topography: Car Storage: GARAGE, DETACHEDCar Spaces: 5Basement Finished: PARTIALLY FINISHEDBasement: PARTIAL, GARDEN LEVELSubdivision: GLOVER AMENDMENT 0Horses: Elementary: SOUTH STREETJR High: CASTLE ROCKSR High: DOUGLAS COUNTYContact: JULIE ATKINSONPhone: 303-638-1063E-mail: JULIEATKINSON@WHAT-WIRE.COM (JULIEATKINSON@WHAT-WIRE.COM)Listing Office: RE/MAX OPTIMUM GROUP LLCOffice Phone: 970-330-5000Fax: 970-356-3087

Shark Bait
07-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Nice! I'd be tempted for the 5-car garage. :D

Romer
07-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Here is another one:

http://www.recolorado.com/Search/propertyDetail.asp?mls_number=510024

http://tsmtbdpr4.pdclane.net/photos/2-51/510024a.jpg

Address:
9652 CORSAIR DR
CONIFER, 80433Price:
$300,000

Description:
BALCONY, BACKS TO OPEN SPACE, NO COVENANTS, DOUBLE PANE WINDOWS, DECK, DOG RUN, DISPOSAL, DISHWASHER, FIREPLACE INSERT, GREAT ROOM, MICROWAVE OVEN, PELLET STOVE, PATIO, QUICK POSSESSION, REFRIGERATOR, SKYLIGHTS, SUN ROOM, STOVE/RANGE/OVEN, UTILITY SHED, VAULTED CEILING, WINDOW COVERINGS, WATER SOFTENER, WALL TO WALL CARPETING
Public Remarks:
TUCKED INTO THE PINES, 2040 SQ FT RAISED RANCH HOME WITH 30X40 DETACHED HIGH QUALITY STEEL COMMERCIAL STYLE BUILDING ON 2 VERY PRIVATE ACRES, NEEDS SOME TLC OWNER WILL LISTEN TO ALL OFFERS

Property Type: RESIDENTIALConstruction: FRAME, CEDAR SIDINGStyle: RAISED RANCHFinished Square Ft: 2040Bedrooms: 4Bathrooms: 2Year Built: 1978Lot Size: Topography: Car Storage: GARAGE, DETACHEDCar Spaces: 6Basement Finished: FULLY FINISHEDBasement: FULL, WALKOUTSubdivision: EVERGREEN MEADOWS WESTHorses: Elementary: MARSHDALEJR High: WEST JEFFERSONSR High: CONIFERContact: CRAIG MUNDTPhone: 303-690-6359E-mail: Listing Office: INTERNATIONAL NETWORK INCOffice Phone: 303-690-6359Fax: 303-400-5433

Rzeppa
07-16-2007, 07:55 PM
NO COVENANTS....WITH 30X40 DETACHED HIGH QUALITY STEEL COMMERCIAL STYLE BUILDING ON 2 VERY PRIVATE ACRESNiiiice!

nakman
07-16-2007, 11:32 PM
that's cool, but I personally wouldn't want to live up Shadow Mountain. You're 10-15 minutes just to get down to Aspen Park, which puts you way over an hour to work.. it's actually fewer miles to go up and over then down Brook Forest to get to Evergreen, but either way (73 instead) it's 30 minutes. So if you're going skiing that's 45 minutes just to get to I-70. but there you go, that's why Evergreen is more expensive than Conifer.

Here's one off Deer Creek canyon, 2 houses + 4 car garage, and you could get to Avaya in 45-50 minutes. Definitely no covenants down there, plus it's cheap!

2 HOMES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE ON 1.3 ACRES! HOME IS 50% COMPLETED.QUIET,SECLUDED AREA. LESS THAN 10 MINUTES TO C470.FIXER HOME IS 1350 SQ FT,SUNNY,LOFT,DECKS,AND ON GENTLY SLOPING LOT.THIS IS A INVESTOR/HANDYMANS OPPORTUNITY-DON'T MISS IT!
Click here for Virtual Tour(s)
MLS ID: 198461 Year Built: 1948
Style: Ranch/1-Story Bedrooms: 2
Total Square Ft.: 788 New Construction: No
Garage Spaces: 4 cars Acreage: 1.3
Neighborhood: Deer Creek Canyon

http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=198461&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

corsair23
07-17-2007, 01:51 AM
Here is another one:

Address:
9652 CORSAIR DR
CONIFER, 80433

How could you go wrong living at an address like that :thumb: (except for the drive as Tim mentions :o)

Uncle Ben
07-17-2007, 08:02 AM
How could you go wrong living at an address like that :thumb: (except for the drive as Tim mentions :o)

It's practically begging for you to move in! ;)

"TUCKED INTO THE PINES, 2040 SQ FT RAISED RANCH HOME WITH 30X40 DETACHED HIGH QUALITY STEEL COMMERCIAL STYLE BUILDING ON 2 VERY PRIVATE ACRES, NEEDS SOME TLC OWNER WILL LISTEN TO ALL OFFERS"

corsair23
07-17-2007, 11:40 AM
It must be kizmit ;)

treerootCO
07-23-2007, 10:01 PM
I went looking for properties Sunday....I am now convinced i cannot afford to live in Colorado anymore

subzali
07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
That sucks Mike :( I don't really know what to say, I was hoping by next year to be in a place of my own, but now you're scaring me :eek:

acon40
07-23-2007, 10:30 PM
I hear yea, the place I got was a s-t-r-e-c-h but it's worth it when you walk home and know it's yours. Keep looking....there are deals to be had out there. I was at the point where I was starting to hate houses and looking around and starting to get piss at my friend, the realitor, but then we found out house and it was what we want. I don't think anyonw will find a house that is 100% what the want, but when you get damn close it's nice. Good luck man. If needed I can send some people your way for this area up here.

Romer
07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Use this web site to find HUD that are in the bidding process. Select city or county to search.

http://www.mcbreo.com/st_comain.htm

MDH33
07-24-2007, 08:26 AM
I went looking for properties Sunday....I am now convinced i cannot afford to live in Colorado anymore

Mike, what's your budget? That house I was telling you about in my neighborhood (with 11 garage spaces) is still available and the price has been lowered. You could keep all your rigs indoors and out of site, so no grief from the city. :thumb:

treerootCO
07-24-2007, 08:42 AM
I own my house now. I have 70,000 in equity. If I bought the most expensive house I could afford, I would be looking around the 300,000 dollar range. I cannot live in a cookie cutter neighborhood unless it was a horse type property where the neighbors were friendly and somewhat eccentric as well. If I had a choice of where to live I would choose something West of Ward, preferably in the foothills or mountains, with easy access to a major highway. I will not live on a busy street ever again so a property with a small driveway back to the house would be great. I have decided I would not be comfortable in Brighton, Keenesburg, C-town, etc...

Romer
07-24-2007, 09:01 AM
4 car garage in Morrison. You park 4 non licesened trucks in the garage and the others in what appears to be a big driveway.

http://www.recolorado.com/Search/propertyDetail.asp?mls_number=540837

http://tsmtbdpr4.pdclane.net/photos/2-54/540837a.jpg

4798 S UNION CT
MORRISON, 80465Price:
$255,000

Description:
CABLE INSTALLED, DOUBLE PANE WINDOWS, DISPOSAL, DISHWASHER, EATING SPACE KITCHEN, FORMAL DINING, FENCE(D), KITCHEN ISLAND, MASTER BATHROOM, NEWER CARPET, NEWER PAINT, PATIO, QUICK POSSESSION, REFRIGERATOR, WINDOW COVERINGS, WALK-IN CLOSETS, WALL TO WALL CARPETING
Public Remarks:
THIS IS THE ONE 2 STORY W/4 CAR GARAGE AND 4 BEDROOMS ON UPPER LEVEL! FANTASTIC KITCHEN W/GRANITE ISLAND NEWER WINDOWS, LARGE MASTER,NEW CARPET,NEWER PAINT,NEWER CARRIER FURNACE,FORMAL DINING RM W/COFFERED CEILING

treerootCO
07-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Not bad at all...

How about this one?
http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=521823&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

nakman
07-24-2007, 09:29 AM
I know I keep bringing up location.. but man that one looks way up Crow Hill? You're probably 15 minutes past the turnoff to Slaughterhouse..

Here's one down by Tiny Town

http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=496906&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

you could walk to the RTD park & ride..

Romer
07-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Not bad at all...

How about this one?
http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=521823&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

The drive to 470 would be 30 minutes on a good day and 285 gets real backed up traffic wise. That would be too far for me personally. Plus the interior shots are not as nice and it only has a 3 car garage. However, being in the mountains would be nice.

I guess you have to decide the following:

1) How far are you willing to drive, in traffic and in bad weather.
2) How much garage space do you need?

I personally like the one in Morrison, your at the edge of the mountains and the city, plus that house looks like one you could grow into for the next 10 years as your life situation changes (wife:eek: , kids:D , etc.)

Course we are just comparing pictures on a web site. The test comes in person. It may be a crap house.

just my 2 cents.

treerootCO
07-24-2007, 09:51 AM
I looked at a few properties in the area Nakman posted. I didn't see that house but there was one we couldn't find up that road. I don't want to live a long way from town but the prices drop considerably as soon as you start pushing those limits.

Shark Bait
07-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Douglas County has lots of horse properties. Places with a little land. :D

treerootCO
07-24-2007, 10:21 AM
10 acres, Keenesberg....

http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=471258&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

2 acres, not quite finished...

http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=468784&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

treerootCO
07-24-2007, 10:42 AM
I decided I am going to build a very small Craftsman style house. All I need is some land now....

Romer
07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
They look nice. Do you want to live that far out in either direction?

treerootCO
07-24-2007, 10:56 AM
nope...

Uncle Ben
07-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Talked to Aunt today. She's only letting the house and 20 acres go. So 5 bedroom house, shop, pole barn, corral and small pasture....$435k And she said you could shoot the 50 on the adjacent 500 acres shes not selling any time you want as long as no cattle are targeted! ;) :cool: :thumb:

treerootCO
07-28-2007, 08:08 PM
I wish I could afford something like that. You would need more than an engineer's salary for something like that.

I am not white trash and even if my family and friends think that, I want something I can be proud of. Why pride is even a factor, I don't know but that seems to be the driving factor.

wesintl
07-28-2007, 08:18 PM
I wish I could afford something like that. You would need more than an engineer's salary for something like that.

You just need 2 incomes... ;) that sugar momma should be poppin up anytime right :D

You oughtta look in parker just west or around hatfield. There are 2-5 acre horse lots everywhere. I just attended a wedding in a barn a few weeks ago on the douglas elbert line. There were 2 vintage caddys behind it. Everyone out there has at least a few cars behind the barn and or a RV.

If you start building a craftsman you'll never get around to the cruisers

treerootCO
07-28-2007, 08:33 PM
You just need 2 incomes... ;) that sugar momma should be poppin up anytime right :D

You oughtta look in parker just west or around hatfield. There are 2-5 acre horse lots everywhere. I just attended a wedding in a barn a few weeks ago on the douglas elbert line. There were 2 vintage caddys behind it. Everyone out there has at least a few cars behind the barn and or a RV.

If you start building a craftsman you'll never get around to the cruisers

Parker is a bit far from work. I like the area around Golden for some reason though. If I built a house, I would have it built. I don't even want to handle the contractors. How much could a 700square foot house on 1 acre really cost? Well, that plus a moat, an electric fence, security, and guard dogs.

nakman
07-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Building prices are going to hover around $200/ft, especially if you want to hire a GC who subs everything. You could save some if you become your own GC then do a lot yourself, and hire your own subs, but that's going to be your life for a while. The reality is it's cheaper to buy than it is to build right now, particularly in this buyer's market.

Evrgrnmtnman
07-28-2007, 10:35 PM
$475,000......I'll sell you mine!
http://www.lakehouse.com/page-27449.html

wesintl
07-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Parker is a bit far from work.

and you were looking in conifer/hills of jeffco :confused:

treerootCO
07-29-2007, 11:40 AM
and you were looking in conifer/hills of jeffco :confused:

I am open to just about anything. If I found the right house in Parker, I would move there.

Romer
07-29-2007, 11:42 AM
I am open to just about anything. If I found the right house in Parker, I would move there.

Did you go look at the house I linked in Morrison with the 4 car garage and big driveway? seemed like that hit your criteria and looked like something you could be proud of.

treerootCO
07-29-2007, 12:35 PM
unfortunately I have some work that needs to be done on my house before I can put it on the market. I worked all day yesterday cleaning out the basement. I need to add a bathroom, remodel the kitchen, and finish the basement remodel to sell.

slinger5150
07-30-2007, 09:29 AM
When you're ready, let me know. I have a great realtor that could sell the house for you as well as find your next one. She's very meticulous and on the ball.

treerootCO
08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
I have located a builder that will build me a small craftsman style house within a few months. The only catch is I need land to build on. I am going back through the Realtors I have talked to but I need to move quickly.

What I need is at least an acre but I am willing to compromise depending on location. It needs to be secluded if possible, fairly flat grade, no HOA or covenants, and cannot be directly connected to a major street/highway. The last factor I threw in because I cannot stand living on the busy street I am on now. I have almost been hit more than 100 times and that is not exaggerating and I fear for my guests, my kitty, etc. Must be less than 40,000 and if at all possible, have utilities included.

nakman
09-12-2007, 09:56 AM
hi neighbor. http://www.coloradohomestop.com/Search2.aspx?FuzzySearch=567426

wsdavies
09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Maybe you should move way west...like say Delta or Mesa County. Everybody out here is about like you. You could move in right next to Proffits cruisers :P
________
Blonde Swedish (http://www.****tube.com/categories/324/swedish/videos/1)

PatrolMan
09-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Ever thought about Dumont? Between Idaho Springs and Georgetown. Seems that anything goes there! And there is plenty of property on most lots. Kind of a funky little town that seems to be self governing...

treerootCO
10-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Found this gem the other day. You can't tell from the pic but it is entirely surrounded by the homes you see in the pic. The only access to the property is the small split where the sign is. I wonder how many people would be pissed if they got to sit out on their decks and watch me sandblast Cruiser parts. :D

Red_Chili
10-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Or clean your .50 outside... :lmao:

Uncle Ben
10-11-2007, 01:42 PM
That prefix Googles to a California number....what up wit dat?

corsair23
10-11-2007, 01:45 PM
That prefix Googles to a California number....what up wit dat?

We're gonna have to start calling you Uncle "CIA" Ben :D

Uncle Ben
10-11-2007, 01:50 PM
We're gonna have to start calling you Uncle "CIA" Ben :D

Be happy I'm not like the jerks on MUD or Pirate and just post up "do a search." That always PO'es me bad! :rant:

corsair23
10-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Be happy I'm not like the jerks on MUD or Pirate and just post up "do a search." That always PO'es me bad! :rant:

Eh just funnin' with you UB :hill:...And I agree about the responses that say "Search". Romer has the 80s folks trained pretty good. The problem with "search" is sometimes you have no clue what to search on...I always try to point them in the right direction or find a couple threads for folks :thumb:

OK...back to the house hunt

treerootCO
10-11-2007, 01:57 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=arvada+co&ie=UTF8&ll=39.79407,-105.168225&spn=0.001842,0.003648&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr&om=1

the sat image is a little old but you can see right where the houses were built. As an added bonus, they raised the grade for all the houses surrounding it so they can look down on you when they are looking down on you. :D

corsair23
10-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Is the property zoned for residential use or strictly horse property??

That looks like a pretty cool little slice of land and judging by the size of some of those houses (especially those to what I assume is the West) the folks probably aren't home much anyway...Seems folks with huge houses spend a lot of time working to pay of those huge houses :)

I'd be worried about the city and what "rules" they have though

treerootCO
10-12-2007, 11:53 AM
http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=580180&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

Nakman's find. I think he forgot I need a 17 car garage. :D

Thank you Tim. When you are ready to split up your land and sell me the corner, just let me know. :p:

nuclearlemon
10-12-2007, 05:55 PM
http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=580180&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

Nakman's find. I think he forgot I need a 17 car garage. :D

Thank you Tim. When you are ready to split up your land and sell me the corner, just let me know. :p:

hhhmmmm, i'd be concerned buying a house from a vegas magician turned realtor. :hill:

Hulk
10-12-2007, 06:14 PM
With 3.5 acres, couldn't you build a kick-ass garage, just the way you want? Looks like a cool house to me.

treerootCO
10-25-2007, 03:40 PM
why 3.5 when you can buy 35?

http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=564940&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

http://resource.realtor.com/display/default.asp?sect=13&page=mylisting/listingDetail.asp&id=11949834&listingid=1088474532&rt=143953

Hulk
10-25-2007, 04:53 PM
why 3.5 when you can buy 35?

http://www.coloradohomestop.com/HomeDetail.aspx?MLSID=564940&MLSProviderID=2&SearchType=0

http://resource.realtor.com/display/default.asp?sect=13&page=mylisting/listingDetail.asp&id=11949834&listingid=1088474532&rt=143953

Sure, it's glorious, but it's also a half million bucks. And it's NE, in the middle of nowhere....

Maybe you should get a place in the Golden Triangle and live the happy bachelor's life. Then we could all live vicariously through your exploits.