PDA

View Full Version : 1983 FJ40 for sale in Santa Fe

Hulk
10-03-2005, 10:40 AM
G'day All,

I am moving back to Australia and need to sell my 1983 FJ40- pass the word. I want her to go to a good, Cruiser-loving home! I am the 2nd owner, I have had her since 1990. She has power steering, air con, 5 speed, factory tachometer (very rare), 2.5" lift, Warn 8274 winch, front vent windows from Australia (also extreemely rare in the US), Auburn LSD, EVERYTHING is new on her and it is all from Toyota: dash board, door panels, switches, lights, latches, rubber, weather strip, ash trays, blower motors, water pump, master cylinders, brakes, transmission, non-USA carburettor, power steering pump..... She is show room perfect, zero rust anywhere. Paint is all original. Colour and shine are near-new. Only part not original paint is the tub, which had minor rust cut out and replaced with clean steel 8 years ago and was then re-sprayed. Front seats are out of a 1995 4Runner SR5 and are in perfect condition. She has a Pioneer CD player, CB radio and beautifully tinted windows. She rides and drives like a brand-new rig, and with the 5 speed, she cruises comfortably at 80 MPH getting 16 MPG. At 65, I have gotten 19.6 MPG. I am asking us$25,000, but the price will just keep dropping until 15 November when I leave. At that time, if she has not sold, I will give her to whomever shows the most interest. She is, quite simply, the best Cruiser ever built by Toyota for the US. There were only 300 1983 FJ40s brought in- and this one is the best. Email or ring with questions and I will answer them all and and send out over 40 photos for you to look through. You will not be dis-appointed when you come to New Mexico to see this rare desert gem. Thanks!

Cheers,
joshboltrek@yahoo.com.au
505-231-3677
TLCA # 2344

60wag
10-03-2005, 10:45 AM
G'day All,

At that time, if she has not sold, I will give her to whomever shows the most interest.

Hmmm... That might worth a trip to Santa Fe to, "show a LOT of interest) :)

Rzeppa
10-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Josh is no stranger to Rising Sun, having wheeled with us in his custom, home-turbo'd HJ47 troopie. He's a good friend that I've known for a lot of years. After Rhonda posted that for him yesterday on the TLCA BODREPS email list, I called him and had a nice long chat with him. He's already got a guy offering over $18k for his 83.

After he and his wife get settled in back on the southern coast of Oz, he plans to finish law school and then they're planning on an expedition across Canada and then Europe in the HJ47.

I've seen his 40, it is probably the best all-stock all-original 40 series I've ever seen, although I haven't seen Marv's personal collection.