PDA

View Full Version : Portable Dry Toilet Systems at OutbackToilets.com

Hulk
01-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Not affiliated -- this just showed up in my e-mail. - Matt

You the media can help keep our public lands open. We need your help!<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Roundeyes Inc. has launched www.OutbackToilets.com (http://www.outbacktoilets.com/) to do our part in helping keep our public lands open for responsible recreation. We give back to clubs and organizations who recreate responsibly and educate land users who care about the environment and pack out what you pack in. This includes human waste that always seems to be last on the list.<o:p></o:p>
The website sells dry toilet solutions for camping, boating, hiking, and emergency situations.<o:p></o:p>
After a year of going live, the website sales are still very slow. It has not taken off like we had hoped and continues deeper in the red.<o:p></o:p>
We are requesting that you the media help educate the public to keep our lands open by helping us promote this website. You can make a difference and we need your help.<o:p></o:p>
We all need to be responsible and participate in educating and supplying the public with the knowledge and tools needed to keep human waste managed or risk closure.<o:p></o:p>
Please support outdoor and off-road recreation for future generations.<o:p></o:p>
We ask that you partner with us and expose the attached press release anywhere you can to educate the public in responsible outdoor recreation.<o:p></o:p>
If you have any questions, concerns, ideas or comments, please contact me anytime.<o:p></o:p>
Bruce Wade<o:p></o:p>
www.OutbackToilets.com (http://www.outbacktoilets.com/)<o:p></o:p>
A division of Roundeyes Inc.<o:p></o:p>
Bruce.wade@roundeyes.com<o:p></o:p>
530-642-8003 M-F from 8 to 5PM. PST.<o:p></o:p>

art hog
01-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Cool CM07 Is lookin to be a great run, now I can sit on the can and talk on the SAT phone. But Im sure thats for the trial leaders. so sign up now to be a trial leader. before the seat gets cold.:beer: :lmao: :lmao:

corsair23
01-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Matt,

You got me thinking...What should the average participant to CM07 plan to bring in regards to 'facilities' on the trail? With 2 young :Princess:s that won't be able to 'hold it' for 4, 6, or 8 hours I guess I am going to have to come up with something :thumb:

How about airing back up after the trails? My 40 has on board air but the LX...I'll be lucky to get the sliders on in time :(

Shark Bait
01-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Matt,

You got me thinking...What should the average participant to CM07 plan to bring in regards to 'facilities' on the trail? With 2 young :Princess:s that won't be able to 'hold it' for 4, 6, or 8 hours I guess I am going to have to come up with something :thumb:

CM trail leaders carry a portable toilet on every run. You keep the bag. If you're planning on heavy use, you may want to have your own. :eek:

How about airing back up after the trails? My 40 has on board air but the LX...I'll be lucky to get the sliders on in time :(

I typically air down on Monday and don't air back up till Friday or Saturday. In town. :grinpimp:

corsair23
01-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Cool

Thanks for the info Chris! Obviuosly I'm going to be a noob at CM but no need for me to flaunt it while on the trail if I can help it :hill:

Might have to look into getting my own toilet or something...Hate to have to be calling the trail leader every hour for a 'potty' break :lmao:

Hulk
01-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I typically air down on Monday and don't air back up till Friday or Saturday. In town. :grinpimp:

Unless you're going to Elephant Hill. You'll want to air up for the drive down to Canyonlands Nat'l Park.

Three Wheel Ben
01-24-2007, 06:58 PM
I was looking at possibly getting one of these to expand the camping "range" with the girls. Norcal guys swear by these. Apparently they have used these more than a few times on the Rubicon.

Romer
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
That cardboard toilet with 3 bags for $15 seems like a good idea. Just throw it away at the next dumpster when done.

Roundeyes
01-26-2007, 11:18 AM
That cardboard toilet with 3 bags for $15 seems like a good idea. Just throw it away at the next dumpster when done.
Hi there, this is a great solution, but these particular bags do not have the "pooh powder" in them they are realistically just garbage bags for the quick, down and dirty, throw away right there.
However the Wag Bags contain pooh powder and will deordorize, and solidify waste in the bags so you can carry them with you to the next dumpster. You might want to consider a few Wag Bags along with the cardboard toilet if you are going to use this while wheelin.

Have a great run!

Roundeyes

RockRunner
01-26-2007, 04:38 PM
There is a system I have seen that uses your hitch to hold a seat and then there is a bag under the seat. It would not be hard to make ourselves and the disposel of the bags would be done by the idividual using the device. W used something similar on our last camping trip, it was a broken lawnchair that had a doubled up trash bag for a catcher. We put it behind some bushes near our campsite. We covered the seat with a thick old towel and dug a hole directly under the seat so the bag sat a little lower. When you were done it was your job to turn the bag a few turns, closes of the opening, and cover the seat with the towel again.

This may sound weird and maybe a little gross but it worked great and cost only a buck or two since we had the chair. We would put new bags on every morning and stick the old ones in another doubled up bag to be thrown out at the nearest dumpster.

This is just a thought, I personally prefer the hitch one, take it with you on the road and the bags are one time use only.

BTW if you pee or pooh on the seat you better clean it up :eek:

Airing up is not impotant till you are ready to leave, then you stand in line with all the others leaving ;)

Matt,

PurpleTaco
01-27-2007, 10:21 AM
If they want to get the word out, why don't we ask them to donate some to the raffle? Not the most glam of raffle prizes, but someone with kids might appreciate it.

Mary

Red_Chili
01-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Great minds think alike. I posted the same email in Land Use. Then I told RoundEyes I had posted it here, and whaddya know? Here they are. Welcome!!

FWIW, I posted it in the chat section of 4x4wire.com as well. Getting good admin support over there too.

Myredyota
02-04-2007, 08:35 PM
FWIW, I can get the "Tinkle Bags" for less than $1.50 each. Let me know if there is any interest.:cheers: