PDA

View Full Version : JD HIR Bulb Opportunity - $14 ea + fees

corsair23
02-02-2007, 11:20 AM
The deal went BOOOM...please see post below

For those that have been wanting these...Was perusing IH8MUD last night and a guy from PA mentioned that he had just picked up some and was willing to check to see if he could get more from his JD dealer...Price of $14 per bulb + fees

I PM'd him last night about doing this and he checked today. His JD dealer was still willing to sell him bulbs @ $14 ea so what he has done is bulk ordered 30 bulbs total. See thread here: IH8MUD thread (http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=134964)

12 of the 30 are already spoken for leaving 18 as of this post. Of of the 12 spoken for, 8 are ones I asked him to get. I plan to use at least 2 and possibly keep a second set for spares. That leaves 4, possibly 6, available for whoever wants them. Of course you could ask for more directly if you'd like but if we group them all together we should be able to save on shipping :thumb:

So, here is the deal. Ian (Texus on IH8MUD) will buy these, pack these, ship them, etc. for exactly what it costs him. He expects the bulbs to be available at JD by next week :)

Cost? $14 per bulb + 6% tax + shipping + PayPal fee

Depending upon what shipping cost (I'm going to say a max of $10 total) the price per bulb will work out to be:

$14.00 + $.84 + $1.25 + $1.00 = $17.09/bulb (give or take)Anyway, I am going to PayPal him the $$ for all the bulbs (8) later today or Monday. Once he actually ships them and I make sure I've totally covered his cost (since he is doing all this for free :thumb:) then I'll know exactly how the $$ all breaks down per bulb.

So, if you are interested in a set please post up ASAP here and maybe even on the MUD link. If we exceed the 4-6 extras I've ordered then we'd need to get in line for more but should be able to ship them all together to save $$ if we get word to Ian/Texus quick enough.

P.S. These are the low beam bulbs only...If you want high beams there is still the eBay avenue I posted about in the other thread

nakman
02-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm in!!!! Thanks, Jeff! 2 lowbeams for me please. :bowdown:

corsair23
02-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm in!!!! Thanks, Jeff! 2 lowbeams for me please. :bowdown:

You got 'em Tim :thumb:

Shark Bait
02-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Wish we could figure out a way to get a deal on hi beam bulbs.

corsair23
02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Wish we could figure out a way to get a deal on hi beam bulbs.

x2 Chris...Don't those dang JD tractors have high beams? :(

Romer
02-02-2007, 12:09 PM
mine were $10 each at the local JD store

Romer
02-02-2007, 12:10 PM
BTW -thanks for pointing out the thread.

I moved it to classifieds :D

corsair23
02-02-2007, 12:42 PM
mine were $10 each at the local JD store

Yeah...don't remind us! :( Snooze you lose applies here

BTW -thanks for pointing out the thread.

I moved it to classifieds :D

Always happy to help ;)

timmbuck2
02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I'll take 2! Just burned one out yesterday...

Romer
02-02-2007, 01:28 PM
You can't get them there (local JD Delare on south Parker rd)any more?

There are other local JD dealers

wesintl
02-02-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm assuming your guys are going to potestio bros? They have another store in the springs too

corsair23
02-02-2007, 01:46 PM
I'll take 2! Just burned one out yesterday...

Got you down for 2!

That is it folks unless someone really needs 'em I'm gonna keep the other 2 as spares for now. But, if someone really wants 1 or 2 or ?? either PM Texus on MUD or tell me and I'll ask if he has anymore of them unspoken for yet.

corsair23
02-02-2007, 01:53 PM
You can't get them there (local JD Delare on south Parker rd)any more?

There are other local JD dealers

Ken,

You can get them (or try) but they are $23.99 now per the website and out of stock. Chris was quoted an even higher price yesterday so the word is out or JD had mis-priced them in the first place...

I'm assuming your guys are going to potestio bros? They have another store in the springs too

Wes,

I checked whatever local dealers popped up on the jdparts.com website. The annoying thing is that once you input your address/zip you are limited to local dealers to choose from. All local dealers state $23.99 per bulb and it seems like if you call direct like Chris has the price is even higher :(

I'm tired of searching to save a few bucks $$...The benefit just isn't there anymore. I've probably spent 8 hours over the last couple weeks trying to find these bulbs for less and considering I was going to pay $26.95 per bulb off eBay yesterday I'm thinking the price from the guy in PA is good enough. Probably still go ahead and bite the bullet and order the high beams off eBay and just be done with it :thumb:

Romer
02-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Guess I got a good deal.

maybe Chris shouldn't have told the guy to order a bunch more :D

corsair23
02-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Sorry all, but the deal has gone BOOOOM

I just received a PM from Texus on MUD and here is what he says in his post over on MUD (linked above):
Deal Fell Apart Just Now Y'all...it's A No-go
Hey y'all...so soo sooooo sorry...just got a call from the shop...the guy quoted me the initial $14... but as he went to order them from the wharehouse... he was told that the price had gone to $23.99 per BULB!! so I guess it has hit all areas of the nation... he even said the guy @ the wharehouse "had not ever seen a bulb this expensive... so once again...I appologize sincerely... sorry to get a bunch of hopes up...
I'm not holding out much hope that you're going to find anywhere that will sell you bulbs at less than $23.99 now unless they have them in stock which as I mentioned above is pretty dang near impossible to determine...:(

Sorry for getting the hopes up of those that wanted to them...

nakman
02-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Ah well, thanks anyways for trying to put this together!

Chris, can I sign up for a set from you again? :)

Shark Bait
02-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I just picked up the 4 I asked for from Four Seasons. $17.51 each, plus tax. I promised Hulk two. I guess the local retail price is $23.99. I don't know. The guys at Four Seasons did not order a bunch more, figuring the new price would keep people away. They mentioned today they don't even stock the bulb, but can order it. The only reason I got them at JD's cost was because I browbeat the guy. When I asked for them originally they were $10. I wonder if I'd prepaid what would have happened. Oh well.

Matt, I'll bring yours Wednesday unless you need them sooner.

Hulk
02-02-2007, 05:24 PM
That's great, Chris. Thanks!

Shark Bait
02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
OK. Crap. I put my harness and JD bulbs in today. Went pretty well, except my PS hi-beam isn't working now. The filament looks OK. I plugged one of the old low beams in and it lit up. I guess the bulb is bad now.

Did anyone upgrade to new hi-beam bulbs and maybe has an old one they would part with? :p:

corsair23
02-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Did anyone upgrade to new hi-beam bulbs and maybe has an old one they would part with? :p:

I haven't yet but when/if I do you're welcome to one of mine Chris...I'm still sitting on the fence over the whole HIR deal (with the significant cost increase) as it is and whether I'm gonna spring for the HIR high-beam bulbs on top of that...I've searched high and low for the 9011 & 9012 bulbs and just can't find any smoking deals out there...Heck, aside from JD @ $23.99 or so and the person selling them on eBay @ $26.95 I can find anyone else that even sells the stupid things :(

Shark Bait
02-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks Jeff. I bit the bullet and ordered the 9011s from the ebay guy a little while ago.

corsair23
02-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Thanks Jeff. I bit the bullet and ordered the 9011s from the ebay guy a little while ago.

:D - Sucks you in don't it, this Cruiser addiction :eek:

Well, at least now you sort of kind of will have a spare high beam :hill: