PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the deal of a lifetime?

corsair23
02-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Saw this on eBay yesterday...At the time the bidding hadn't reached $10K and there was not a Buy It Now price...Seems the seller added a Buy It Now price between yesterday and today and the LX450 sold...

Check out the sold price...Was this the deal of a lifetime?

'96 LX450 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150087434797&rd=1&rd=1)

Checked the Carfax and it was clean for what that is worth...Midwest vehicle so probably rusty underneath...Add to that the low, low, low miles and possible lack of routine timely maintenance and I'm consoling myself on missing out :hill:

But DANG...A locked LX450 with only 50K miles for $14K :drool: and :bawl: and :banghead:

Hulk
02-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Impressive, but...

Wouldn't you rather buy a clean locked 80 for $10K and have $4K to lift and armor it? If you start out with a super clean, expensive truck, every dent is going to hurt more.

corsair23
02-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Impressive, but...

Wouldn't you rather buy a clean locked 80 for $10K and have $4K to lift and armor it? If you start out with a super clean, expensive truck, every dent is going to hurt more.

True...That is why this one would have been for the :Princess: so I could get the '97 out from her clutches :hill:. Resigned myself to being realistic that it would be best for me to not have two 10 yr + old high mile vehicles in the stable...No matter how reliable they are. But, as you have probably been able to tell I change my mind often, especially if the right one shows up.

Red_Chili
02-02-2007, 02:53 PM
We do not own a vehicle with less than 130K miles or less than 10 years old. FWIW.

(except the two wheeled variety...)

Hulk
02-02-2007, 06:30 PM
True...That is why this one would have been for the :Princess: so I could get the '97 out from her clutches :hill:. Resigned myself to being realistic that it would be best for me to not have two 10 yr + old high mile vehicles in the stable...No matter how reliable they are. But, as you have probably been able to tell I change my mind often, especially if the right one shows up.

Cruisers go forever. High mileage is not as much of a concern as how well the P.O. did maintenance.