PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 Rear License Plate Bracket - New

corsair23
02-05-2007, 01:28 AM
*** SOLD ***

Yep...Another item purchased for my '76. Contemplated using this on my '74 but with the MAF rear tire carrier it's no longer a "bolt-on" deal (have to fab up a way to mount it) and honestly I just don't think it would look right...

I believe everything you need is included: Rear license plate bracket, 2 lamps, 2 lamp covers, 3 grommets, and 3 screws - All items are new and with the exception of the bracket are still in the bags! All items are OEM except for possibly the grommets and screws.

I had to "touch up" the paint on the bracket. Both SOR and CCOT sell these brackets telling you that they are likely to come with scratches etc. and will need to be painted. They are 100% correct on this and they don't allow returns either due to the scratches...On top of that, Toyota puts the sticker right on the front of bracket where it is all but impossible to fully remove without damaging the bracket further. I removed the sticker as best as possible and resprayed the entire thing. I'm no Micheangelo but I think it turned out real well :). Once you get the lamps and covers on plus a license plate most of the bracket is covered anyway.

Anywho, to recreate what I have here from SOR would run ~$263 + shipping. SOR part #s are: 158-17B, 158-01B (x2), 158-20 (x2), 158-25 (x3), and 158-14A (x3).

The information on SOR and CCOT differs as to which year this setup is for so please check. Best I can tell it should fit 1/75-1/79 but SOR states 2/74-84 :confused:

$200 complete + shipping

Please see the pics and PM me with any questions.

P.S. The brownish color that you see on the bracket pictures (lower right side of each) is my reflection, not flaws or discoloration :)

Shark Bait
08-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Jeff,

Remember the used bracket you sold me? I couldn't find the thread. Here's what it looks like now. :D

corsair23
08-09-2007, 01:44 AM
DANG! :eek:

Awesome job! :thumb:

I'd have to say that looks as good as if not better than the new one I sold above. Just goes to show you that you never write off an old Cruiser part :D

Shark Bait
08-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Well, the light assemblies cost around $50. Otherwise, I had it sand blasted and painted the pieces. Not too bad. :D

corsair23
08-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Well, the light assemblies cost around $50. Otherwise, I had it sand blasted and painted the pieces. Not too bad. :D

Well, considering that you have to buy all that stuff even with a "new" plate, and that the new plate will probably come damaged and with the stupid sticker on it (that you can see in my pic), I'd say you came out WAY ahead :thumb:

I can't remember now but I think I only ended up getting $100 on ebay for the one above :( After fees etc. I probably lost close to $175 between what I paid for the setup and what I sold it for. Someone told me awhile ago that it is a lot of work to lose $$ ;)