PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline Junkies...

corsair23
02-06-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm all for fun, challenging, heart stopping, etc. type outings :)

But when the margin for error determines live or death then count me out :hill:. One thing to skin up a leg or arm, maybe even break something. Entirely another thing to plummet off a cliff to your certain demise :eek:.

Maybe it only "looks" dangerous :rolleyes:

IanB
02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Looks like fun, where is that? It would make for a sweet BASE jump.

corsair23
02-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Looks like fun, where is that? It would make for a sweet BASE jump.

Are those backpacks or 'chutes' they're wearing? Aside from landing in some frigid water if I had a chute strapped to my back then you might find me doing something like that :bowdown:

Although I bet it would be suggested that a person actually have some parachuting experience first right :hill:

wesintl
02-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I figured one was hans rey...

Red_Chili
02-06-2007, 03:37 PM
:eek:
May I be excused?
I just soiled myself.

nakman
02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
why are they wearing helmets?

Hulk
02-06-2007, 06:33 PM
why are they wearing helmets?

My wife asks the same thing about child seats on airplanes. "What's the point? If the plane crashes, the seat isn't going to save them."

Shark Bait
02-07-2007, 12:21 AM
:eek: That just gives me the willies. :rolleyes:

ginericLC
02-07-2007, 09:10 AM
I couldn't help myself so I looked it up. Those pictures make it look much taller than it really is. The highest point is 230M. So roughly 700 feet. To me, the photos look like it miles above the ocean. I still wouldn't do it at 700 feet. I'm scared of heights. Just standing on the edge looking over Hwy 191 in Moab freaks me out. That is why I drove Moab Rim at night. You can't see the edge. I will say coming down was weird. The moon reflecting off the river. It must have been bad because my passenger walked down.

Uncle Ben
02-07-2007, 09:26 AM
I couldn't help myself so I looked it up. Those pictures make it look much taller than it really is. The highest point is 230M. So roughly 700 feet. To me, the photos look like it miles above the ocean. I still wouldn't do it at 700 feet. I'm scared of heights. Just standing on the edge looking over Hwy 191 in Moab freaks me out. That is why I drove Moab Rim at night. You can't see the edge. I will say coming down was weird. The moon reflecting off the river. It must have been bad because my passenger walked down.

I'm with you on the hight thing! Fall further than 80feet and your dead so 700 vrs miles really doesn't matter!