PDA

View Full Version : Events for March, April...

treerootCO
02-07-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't have anything planned for the end of February and nothing planned for March and April. The wheel bearing packing party has been put on hold until we can find a shop. Does anyone know of any annual events I may have missed? Any ideas for runs?

Hulk
02-07-2007, 04:35 PM
There is going to be a pre-run to Hotel Rock with the Wasatch Cruisers. This is the same "overnight run" that is offered this year as part of Cruise Moab. This pre-run will have limited space, and priority will be given to those RS members who are planning to attend (and work) at Cruise Moab this year. Currently scheduled for March 22-25.

Ron Helmuth
02-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Mike- on my lunch hours I travel to DIA on a back road that I believe is officially called 64th avenue. It's not particularly difficult-until it is snowy or muddy. It is an exit off of E-470-if you head west on 64th you will go by the Denver Water Department facility. If you go east the road turns to dirt and gravel and takes you to one of the radio tower beacons that the planes use for approach to DIA. Seeing as it is snowing like a scalded dog right now up here I can't wait to get out there and try it out again. Eventually you end up near the FAA building south and west of the DIA terminal area. Entire length of the access road is under 3 miles I believe. Winches/chains would be a wise idea. Call me up if you like and I will meet you out there sometime-my work is about 10 minutes away. 303-539-8533

SROR/AKA 2BAD
02-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't have anything planned for the end of February and nothing planned for March and April. The wheel bearing packing party has been put on hold until we can find a shop. Does anyone know of any annual events I may have missed? Any ideas for runs?

i think there's a moving party near the end of march :thumb:

nuclearlemon
02-28-2007, 12:04 PM
april 14-15 is the ohv expo

Romer
03-02-2007, 06:28 PM
We did Chinamans last April with the FJ team. We going to have something with the boys before Moab?

Uncle Ben
03-02-2007, 06:34 PM
We did Chinamans last April with the FJ team. We going to have something with the boys before Moab?
We will indeed wheel with the Central team again once the schedual lays out a little better. Right now they are working thier fingers to the bone getting paid to ski Tahoe....it truly is a tough life! :rolleyes: :hill: The TTT website should be up any day.

Beater
03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
raffle truck.

:rant:

Rzeppa
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
In lieu of WBPP, I am rebuilding the knuckles on my 71 40 this weekend; haven't decided on which day. If anyone wants to come watch/laugh/socialize lemme know and I'll pick a day :-)

Rzeppa
03-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I was just reminded that the annual Nederland Frozen Dead Guy Days (http://www.nederlandchamber.org/FrozenDeadGuyDays/) are Saturday, so I will be doing the knuckle rebuild on Sunday, after attending the parade and coffin race the day before.

If you've never been to the Frozen Dead Guy Day's, you've missed a real hoot! Click on the link for the full story, but in summary, this guy died and his daughter and grandson decided to freeze him in cryonics so he can be revived someday. They keep him in a Tuff Shed, packed in dry ice, until medical advances will allow them to fix what ailed him and wake him up.

Happy cruisin'!

gwhipp
03-08-2007, 11:39 PM
This isn't a run, but the Colorado School of Mines is putting on its annual fireworks show for E-Days on March 29th at 9pm. It is at the corner of 12th and Maple Street in Golden.

This is the best fireworks show in Colorado. It puts most 4th of July shows to shame. Over half the show is on the football field, which is awesome because the stands are open to seating. The stands start filling up early, so you would want to get there by 7pm.

Just an idea.

Man Jerk
03-09-2007, 08:55 AM
The colorado land cruisers are heading to Chinamans Gulch on the 24th if ya'll are looking for somewhere to wheel.

isotel
03-09-2007, 11:43 AM
The colorado land cruisers are heading to Chinamans Gulch on the 24th if ya'll are looking for somewhere to wheel.

X2 and da Link http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=141908

y'all Denver guys can meet us at the trail head at 10 AM