PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Denver

timmbuck2
10-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Howdy all. Finally bought my first cruiser, a 1996 80 with the supercharger, OME lift, front ARB and winch, 170k miles. I have been lurking here and on Mud for months while I looked for my first crusier. I still own my Jeep (sorry) Wrangler, but trying to sell it so I can buy a FJ or something fun. :) My cruiser has been in Colorado her whole life, anyone recognize her? A PO put on a rear locker from a junked Cruiser, but hooked it up to a strange little switch on the dash. I hope to get a matching front locker and hook them up to the factory switches. There are also front disconnects that the latest owner had no idea about. He was a medical sales guy and out over 50k miles on it in the last 18 months. Now I plan on baselining all the fluids and maint. and then start looking at a birf job. Seeing as how I am a newbie, the next time anyone has to do a birf job, maybe I can tag along with a lot of beer and learn the ropes? I did a lot of expedition type wheeling in my Jeep, and I can't wait to take the LC up to my favorite spots. Anyway, thanks for reading my babbling message and I hope to see you on the streets or trails soon.

Timmbuck2

ps-I took off the Thule carrier and roof rack if anyone needs something like that. I will probably put them on Craigslist.

nakman
10-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Welcome!!! And great looking truck, just don't park next to Uncle Ben or you guys might get confused.. :D

And bring that think out to our meeting tonight!

timmbuck2
10-05-2005, 11:00 AM
I think I may have parked next to him at home depot last week. No lift or ARB, but everything else looked the same, but he had factory lockers!

T

subzali
10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Well Kevin's is a solid color silver, lifted ARB'd and Slee'd. It's sweet, wish I had that with a Safari Turbo substitute for the TRD... :D . Maybe I can get my dad's, maybe some day... :D

leiniesred
10-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Welcome. Come to the meeting tonight for proper introductions.

I'm not sure why you would want to go take apart birfields that are not broken. You might have to wait until the wheel bearing packing party to see all the birfs you want (and to have the help around in case you get stuck!)

-LeiniesRed.

Uncle Ben
10-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Well Kevin's is a solid color silver, lifted ARB'd and Slee'd. It's sweet, wish I had that with a Safari Turbo substitute for the TRD... :D . Maybe I can get my dad's, maybe some day... :D

:p The color is Antique Sage Pearl, only thing ARB is the front bumper, definately paid Christo's morgage for a month and why wait for boost when it can already be there?

Welcome Timmbuck2! Sweet truck! Look forward to meeting you and/or getting the trucks dirty! ;)

Ricecake poser pic

nakman
10-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Alright, alright.. so not exactly twins, geez. :rolleyes:

Uncle Ben
10-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Alright, alright.. so not exactly twins, geez. :rolleyes:

;) It's all good! (as long as you don't call it a Grand Crapokee or Land Roller)

leiniesred
10-05-2005, 03:12 PM
you mean a

cheap grand heresy?

or a sneeze-on pathgrinder?

bored extorter?

aches -2? (or the new aches 3?)

a-doo-doo scooper?

so sue me sam a rag?

Red_Chili
10-05-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm a-gonna tell on you to your girlfriend's dad. THEN you'll be sorry!!!

nuclearlemon
10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
i always thought the 80's looked more like expeditions :D

Uncle Ben
10-06-2005, 07:31 AM
i always thought the 80's looked more like expeditions :D

Ohhhhhhh....that hurt! :mad:

leiniesred
10-06-2005, 08:28 AM
I think I'll be OK, Bill. He has an avalanche, a wrangler, and a wagoneer which I craftily avoided. hehe!

Besides you should hear him tease me about having to turn down the welder when sticking stuff on my "thin" Toyota frame. *rolls eyes.* Toyota recovery vehicle" Jeep centerpiece at Easter dinner table...stuff like that.

Eh, we both have fun on the trail though. :)

subzali
10-06-2005, 10:38 AM
:p The color is Antique Sage Pearl, only thing ARB is the front bumper, definately paid Christo's morgage for a month and why wait for boost when it can already be there?

Yeah just the front bumper. I don't see too many 80s that color, it's pretty cool. But how often can you get such a clean turbo system for an 80 in the US? You can always go down to Toyota and get the supercharger... :rolleyes:

Bobzooki
10-06-2005, 01:06 PM
so sue me sam a rag?

Careful there buddy... :mad: That's sacred ground you're treading on there!

(Geez, Stephen, you don't need to pick on the "little guys" - Samurai's make the Gnewt look BIG!)

Uncle Ben
10-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah just the front bumper. I don't see too many 80s that color, it's pretty cool. But how often can you get such a clean turbo system for an 80 in the US? You can always go down to Toyota and get the supercharger... :rolleyes:

Your right I can...and if I need to warrantee it or replace a part I can always just go to Toyota again! ;) I have ample power to crawl over the largest speedbumps at the mall! Now if it was a V-8 100 series.....Christos screamer sure is sweet!

timmbuck2
10-09-2005, 09:41 AM
I wanted to make the meeting, but our 7 week old had different plans. When is the next one?

Anyone have any suggestions for a auto upholstery shop in town? My driver's seat is coming apart at the seam and I would like to get it fixed before it gets worse.

Did my first baselining of fluids on the 96 LC yesterday. New dino oil with Auto-RX and synthetic on the shelf for after the treatments, drained and filled 4 qts of new synthetic ATF, and pulled a huge bolt out of of of my BFG's and patched her up. Still need to find the rear knock sensor and clean it up to hopefully fix a CIL code. Then on the the diffs and/or birfs. Anyone doing their birfs soon? :)

Timm

:D

nuclearlemon
10-09-2005, 10:03 AM
meetings are always the first weds of the month. we do have the spooky night run coming up (29th iirc).

if you want to hold off a few months on the birfs, every spring we have a birfield packing party.

timmbuck2
10-09-2005, 10:23 AM
meetings are always the first weds of the month. we do have the spooky night run coming up (29th iirc).

if you want to hold off a few months on the birfs, every spring we have a birfield packing party.

Count me in for the party. :)

T