PDA

View Full Version : Guanella Pass Run #2

JadeRunner
02-11-2007, 07:59 PM
I didn't get to go last weekend, and many others didn't either - so lets hit it!

Sunday Feb. 18th
Meet at Grant and Hwy. 285 at 9am. Air down, chain up and leave at 9:30am.

The pictures from the previous run looked good. Especially since they were actually able to drive for several miles. If it's short lived, we can consider checking out Slaughterhouse on the way back. But, that may be a stretch for me since I need to head home at 3pm.

thefatkid
02-15-2007, 11:06 AM
I will not be able to go this weekend but if you go next weekend let me know. That trail needs some good pounding to get much farther then we did last time.

JadeRunner
02-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Not much response here. I'm open to other ideas for places to go, I personally think this about as good as we can do based on conditions and trip reports from other areas on other sites.

I just talked to Ric, he's thinking of going to check out Yankee on Sat. and will report back. He is open to going with us somewhere Sunday also. Mike Brown will be going with us also, so at least there are a few people going.

So a venue change may happen Sat. evening.

LandBruiser
02-16-2007, 01:39 PM
I want to go, but I had better save the $230+cams I need to blow on chains for a birf rebuild next month instead. Otherwise I would be game. I dont really feel like continually redlining my gerbil powered 3FE again to keep up with eveyone else. It was a blast tho. Hope you make it happen!

wesintl
02-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Scott, you can always try and bash rollins pass for a change of scenery...

JadeRunner
02-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Yea, that's a good idea, I was thinking of that. But, I did read a post on 4x4.org about how they barely traveled a mile the other week.

V8 Al told me he and Spiderlegs were at Yankee a week or so ago and that the county had used the parking area as a snow dump and that our road was blocked.

I havn't heard back from Ric yet, but at this point Guanella is the destination. So far it's just Mike Brown and myself that I know of.

Sandman
02-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Yep, I'll be there! :)

JadeRunner
02-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Ric went to Yankee and it looked like he got further than we did. Not quite as much snow as I had pictured. He has pics on Yotatech.

Were still going to Guanella though. It's too late to change.

Ric
02-18-2007, 10:45 AM
sorry guys, i just woke up at 9 i was planning on going.

JadeRunner
02-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Wish you could have made it Ric.