PDA

View Full Version : Check out my office (Cruiser content)

Hulk
02-23-2007, 02:09 AM
I built a web site (http://www.wildwildwestart.com/) for Ginger Vogt. In return, she painted a masterpiece for my office.

http://rustybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/Matt_Office.jpg

I posted a few more pics on my blog (http://rustybrain.com/?p=61).

Red_Chili
02-23-2007, 07:37 AM
You're gonna be really hard to live with now...

Hulk
02-23-2007, 08:07 AM
You're gonna be really hard to live with now...

Why? :confused: This is at my office, not my home.

wesintl
02-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Nice website Matt :thumb:

Eric posted it in the chat section on mud.. right away I knew that cruiser :D

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
02-23-2007, 09:40 AM
That is sweet. There seems to be a lack of good Cruiser art out there. I would love to have something like that for my office.

Red_Chili
02-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Why? :confused: This is at my office, not my home.
EVEN WORSE!!!!!:lmao:

Hulk
02-23-2007, 10:20 AM
._.);27816']There seems to be a lack of good Cruiser art out there.

I agree. Here's a pic that I found on a Japanese web site last year:
http://www8.plala.or.jp/oha/gal/4/his/lc40.html

ginericLC
02-23-2007, 10:42 AM
I saw a blue version of that Japanese rig yesterday in front of my school. But a little longer, a BJ44. Very very cool 106k km on it. It was very very beautiful.

You would think that I'd have a nice Cruiser painting in my house. NOPE! Gabe has a Cruiser bedroom and we do have some photos framed in our office/Ginger's studio but no Cruiser art for me.

The reason there is little Cruiser art is because folks don't want to pay for it. People in general are cheap when it comes to art. I know it. I have a $5 poster of Todd's 80 in my office. I was so cheap I wouldn't pay the $20 original sticker price.

I really don't know if it was a good trade for Matt on his end or not. I know to duplicate it would cost a little over $1000. To most Cruiserheads that is a set of new tires and not something they want to hang on their wall.

I do know that Ginger is 110% satisfied with Matt's work on her website. It is amazing how many artists have crappy websites that don't represent their work in a positive way.

Eric V.

Red_Chili
02-23-2007, 10:56 AM
All ribbing aside, Matt, I think I need to have my wife contact you about setting up a site. She is starting a business doing antiques/found items/'urban chic' stuff, and if she actually finds an affordable storefront she'll be wanting to have a web presence IMHO... PM me your rates.

Hulk
02-23-2007, 11:01 AM
It was a good trade for me. I like building web sites in general. I especially enjoy it when the content is something I like. In this case, I very much liked Ginger's cowboy art, so building the web site was fun.

Eric, do you have pics of Gabe's Cruiser paintings? Love to see 'em. I framed a Cool Cruisers poster of a red FJ40 and hung it over Charlie's bed.

Cheeseman
02-23-2007, 11:28 AM
So Matt, Do you have a picture of your wife and family in your office too?
________
Vermont marijuana dispensary (http://vermont.dispensaries.org/)

bh4rnnr
02-23-2007, 11:35 AM
I saw a blue version of that Japanese rig yesterday in front of my school. But a little longer, a BJ44. Very very cool 106k km on it. It was very very beautiful.

You would think that I'd have a nice Cruiser painting in my house. NOPE! Gabe has a Cruiser bedroom and we do have some photos framed in our office/Ginger's studio but no Cruiser art for me.

The reason there is little Cruiser art is because folks don't want to pay for it. People in general are cheap when it comes to art. I know it. I have a $5 poster of Todd's 80 in my office. I was so cheap I wouldn't pay the $20 original sticker price.

I really don't know if it was a good trade for Matt on his end or not. I know to duplicate it would cost a little over $1000. To most Cruiserheads that is a set of new tires and not something they want to hang on their wall.

I do know that Ginger is 110% satisfied with Matt's work on her website. It is amazing how many artists have crappy websites that don't represent their work in a positive way.

Eric V.

My Dad and I have been talking about this. He showed me my brothers site. To view the art, you need to upload flash payer. Wasnt impressed with the site at all. If people cant see your work, the why are you showing it to them.

Matt, I like the Cruiser art, frame goes well with it.

Now to go check out the website.

Hulk
02-23-2007, 11:38 AM
So Matt, Do you have a picture of your wife and family in your office too?

Who?
:lmao:

Yes, that blue thing on my wall to the left of the painting has 10 pictures of family. I also have some newborn pics on another wall, and a bunch of drawings from my daughter (who loves art). ;)

corsair23
02-23-2007, 11:41 AM
AWESOME painting Matt...Wish I could afford to have one done of my 40 or had some skills worthy to trade :)

Let's see...any artists out there need...umm...well...ahh...your carpet vacuumed? :hill:

ginericLC
02-23-2007, 12:09 PM
AWESOME painting Matt...Wish I could afford to have one done of my 40 or had some skills worthy to trade :)

Let's see...any artists out there need...umm...well...ahh...your carpet vacuumed? :hill:

The commute would kill you but I bet my wife would do that trade. If you added in scrubbing bathrooms and the kitchen I bet you could get the frame too:) And since you'd be here working you could just pick it up and not have to worry about the shipping. Oversized stuff is outrageous!

corsair23
02-23-2007, 12:19 PM
The commute would kill you but I bet my wife would do that trade. If you added in scrubbing bathrooms and the kitchen I bet you could get the frame too:) And since you'd be here working you could just pick it up and not have to worry about the shipping. Oversized stuff is outrageous!

Does that include room and board for the 12+ months it would take to work off the trade value? :hill:

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
02-23-2007, 12:52 PM
This might be a good option. Here (http://www.canvasondemand.com/canvas-gallery.asp?rid=2#) is a site that will print Photos on canvas, and add brush strokes to it so it looks like a painting.

Cheeseman
02-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I have a friend of mine in scouting that does that type of thing with photographs digitally. They look great. I think it was about 40 bucks or so for an 8x10 if I remember right.

corsair23
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
._.);27835']This might be a good option. Here (http://www.canvasondemand.com/canvas-gallery.asp?rid=2#) is a site that will print Photos on canvas, and add brush strokes to it so it looks like a painting.

Leif,

That is pretty cool. I'm thinking something like that would make for a very appreciated Mother's Day type gift for the wife/mom (minus the Cruiser of course) :thumb:

gcmandrake
02-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Matt,

Nice office. I was just checking out Ginger's web site. Her paintings are pretty cool. By the way, nice web design too. How did you meet her?

the Other Matt

Hulk
02-25-2007, 02:08 PM
I was just checking out Ginger's web site. Her paintings are pretty cool. By the way, nice web design too. How did you meet her?

Through Eric V., her husband. He's "Ginericfj80" here on our forum and on ih8mud. He was at CM last year, in the white 80 with a million Cruiser stickers. He also printed up the t-shirt with the old 1976 TLCA logo on it and donated the profits to TLCA.
:thumb: