PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hatfield recovering well from hip surgery

Hulk
02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Chris Hatfield (Shark Bait) had surgery on his right hip on Monday. He came home from the hospital yesterday (Thursday), and is doing well. I talked with him today and he sounded strong.

Chris is on crutches and is getting around pretty well. He had originally been told he would need to keep weight off the healing leg for 4 months, but then he heard 4 weeks yesterday. I'm sure he'll know more as he heals up and has more visits with his doctor.

He told me all the drugs he's taking for pain -- he's got a pharmacy going on at his house! :eek:

Here's a note from Chris:
Doing real well, thanks. Got home yesterday afternoon. The surgery was a lot more complicated that the doctor was anticipating. My socket had migrated higher than it's original location after it was repaired in 1976. He was going to try and use that for the replacement socket, but when he went in the screws that were used to repair it originally were loose and the bone wasn't stable enough to put a socket there. So he had to put the replacement socket in the original location. Then he had to reduce the femur some to be able to pull it in to place. The surgery was scheduled for around 2 hours and it took him 5 1/2. I'm getting around pretty well, all things considered. I've got a drug cocktail menu that would keep Rush Limbaugh happy, for a while anyway. I'm having a little trouble focusing on the keyboard, so that's all for now. :-P
Chris

Romer
02-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Thats great news. 4 weeks, maybe he will change his mind and wheel then.

bh4rnnr
02-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Hope you recover soon Chris!!:beer: :beer: :beer:

wesintl
02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Get well soon Chris. If you need anything let me know.

:cheers:

Shark Bait
02-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks gang. I'll keep you posted. :bored:

nuclearlemon
02-23-2007, 09:30 PM
sweet...glad to hear your doing good chris :thumb:

SROR/AKA 2BAD
02-23-2007, 11:31 PM
to a speedy recovery chris :D

go easy on the meds ;)

Uncle Ben
02-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Dayum.....you have funny ideas of how to kill some time dood! Hope all goes well and your recovery goes better than expected! Hang in there buddy!:beer: :beer:

corsair23
02-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Chris,

Hear is to a speedy recovery! :beer:

Take it easy and milk it for all it is worth :thumb:

Rock Dog
02-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Hello Chris,
Wow over 5 hrs :eek:
I am glad to hear you are doing well. Please let us know if there is anything we can bring ya while you are out of commission..

gcmandrake
02-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi Chris,

Wow, I have lost touch. Don't watch too much daytime TV and get better soon.

the Other Matt

Crash
02-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery, Chris.

Shark Bait
02-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Thats great news. 4 weeks, maybe he will change his mind and wheel then.

We'll have to see about wheeling. At this point I would bet not. I do want to come out and hang with everyone, even if it's just for the dinner & raffle. If I can find a way to copy the post op x-ray pic I have and past it in here I will. It looks like they may have used some extra cruiser parts I had lying around to rebuild me. :eek:

:grinpimp:

Inukshuk
02-24-2007, 04:41 PM
So was it a stock birfield or aftermarket they put in? Have a speedy recovery and let me know if you need anything.

IanB
02-24-2007, 06:26 PM
So was it a stock birfield or aftermarket they put in? Have a speedy recovery and let me know if you need anything.

Chromoly :grinpimp:

I hope you are up and about and feelin better soon Chris, I know what its like recovering from surgery. If you need anything let us know :cheers:

Shark Bait
02-24-2007, 07:25 PM

Aftermarket, for sure. :D

Chromoly :grinpimp: ....If you need anything let us know :cheers:

Now all I have to do is keep from turning the stops in too far so the turning radius isn't too tight. It'll break for sure if I do that! :eek: :lmao:

bh4rnnr
02-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery Chris!:beer:

nakman
02-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Great to hear you're doing well Chris, keep us posted and rest up!

RockRunner
02-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Good to hear Chris, hope to see you on your feet as soon as you can. Carefull with the cocktail :) My mixture makes me tired like I am drunk:D

Get that hip back in shape, you have pedals to push!!:cheers:

Cheeseman
02-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Well Chris I hope he didn't have to use some of the trail fixes we sometimes have to dream up. But all will be well when I hear Goldilocks over the CB again or has it changed.
________
Black granny (http://www.****tube.com/categories/300/granny/videos/1)

Red_Chili
02-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Don't forget, cryo does wonders!
Get well, Chris!