PDA

View Full Version : 76 FJ40 ($6,000) & 70 Triumph Bonneville 650 ($1,000) for sale

gr8fulabe
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=6stgmja.efc2swm&Uy=8rsamn&Ux=0

I hope that the above link will take you to pics of the 40 & stuff (taken last Fall). The 40 comes with:
1 spare '77 body tub that I was going to restore & then swap onto the truck
1 set of rear quarter panels for the restoration
1 really nice '76 hard top and doors
1 brand new, never installed Best Top Bikini top & channels
1 drop in tailgate with OEM license plate holder for when the top is off
1 '96 1FZ-FE (FZJ80) Motor, Tranny, Transfer with all of the ancilaries except for the a/c equipment (Power steering pump, smog equipment, computer, tranny cooler, airboxes, etc...). Everything had 104,000 miles and ran perfectly when it was pulled out of the FZJ80 for a diesel swap (I think 13bt turbo, but I can't recall now, the guy lives near 4th & arapahoe in Boulder if anyone knows him). I had hopes of putting an Aussie 5 speed onto it & installing the whole thing in the 40 for a kick ass truck.
4 OEM rims, but no hubcaps for them & 1 oem rim with the hubcap(Current Spare).
1 110volt mig welder set up for gas, but without the bottle (off brand but works for sheet metal,etc...).
1 center arm rebuild kit
1 4 inch angle grinder
1 creeper
1 HVLP sprayer (the little built in compressor/spray gun combo type)
I also remembered that I have a set of new Diamond Plate corners that I was going to put on the truck when it was done, as well as several manuals & a big storage bin full of stuff for the truck (gear oils, bearing grease, fluids, zero rust, etc, ...).
Other stuff that I can't think of now, but that is most of the major stuff.

The truck has about 40,000 miles on the motor (119,000 or 219,000 on the truck, who knows...), but the PO blew the old 2F & then bought a rebuilt 1F for it, so it has an F motor instead of the 2F.

I broke something last spring in the Transfer (or tranny, I don't know) and I never fixed it because I was planning on hopefully doing an ultra resto on it soon. As such, I haven't driven it in like 10-11 months & haven't even started it in 6 or 7. But with a battery charge it should start right up again.

I am sure I can think of other info for anyone that is interested.

The original body that is on it right now has a lot of bondo/filler & a rattle can white paint job. Over the 5 years I have had it I have replaced lots of parts with new (cooling system & radiator, cluth slave & master, etc...).

Also, if someone from Rising Sun buys the truck, I will give $250 bucks of the proceeds to the Raffle Vehicle fund (assuming that the vehicle hasn't already been raffled off at that point).

Why am I selling it (someone always asks)? My wife gave the 40 to me as an engagement/wedding present a little over 5.5 years ago. My wife told me about her new boyfreind last week. I don't want it anymore.

But, if anyone things I am priced too high, please speak up, I am willing to listen.

I am still keeping my FJ62, so I won't be leaving cruisers altogether...

Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks,
Abe

corsair23
03-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Why am I selling it (someone always asks)? My wife gave the 40 to me as an engagement/wedding present a little over 5.5 years ago. My wife told me about her new boyfreind last week. I don't want it anymore.

Abe,

Dude that SUCKS :mad:. Best of luck selling the stuff. A 1FZFE in a 40? I'm thinking that would be pretty cool. Maybe Timmbuck2 would be interested in just the engine for his project 40 :cool:

Hulk
03-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Dude, that totally blows. Looks like you had a lot of interesting stuff assembled for a kick ass Cruisah. Best of luck to you!

subzali
03-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Sorry to hear that man :( Is the diesel Cruiser in Boulder Maroon colored? I think he said that was a 1HD-FT. Pretty good deal for all those parts...

gahi
03-02-2007, 07:14 AM
I emailed you about the Triumph.

Gary

timmbuck2
03-02-2007, 09:34 AM
whoever buys it, I would be interested in the 1F when you put in the 1FZ. :)

T

gr8fulabe
03-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Sorry to hear that man :( Is the diesel Cruiser in Boulder Maroon colored? I think he said that was a 1HD-FT. Pretty good deal for all those parts...

Yeah, that's the guy. I can't remember his name now for the life of me, but he was a really nice guy. He had never met me before & he just threw me the keys & let me take his truck for a spin to check it out. Pretty cool of him.

I couldn't recall what motor it was that he put into it, but I knew it was one of the nicer ones.

gr8fulabe
03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
HI,

I added a couple of other things I found while cleaning the house that were for the truck (Center arm rebuild kit, grinder, etc...)

madams557
03-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Is this a package deal, or are you interested in parting items out.

gr8fulabe
03-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi,

I was offering a package deal, but I would be open to discussion of parting things out.

What were you looking for?

madams557
03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I was thinking of the welder in particular.

Could you pm me the specs and a price?

madams557
03-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I may be interested as everything in a package as well. I'm trying to figure out how I'll transport everything first though.

gr8fulabe
03-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone,

I added more stuff that I found to the list above, as well as dropped the price to $4,800.

Best,
Abe

nakman
03-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Interested in the quarter panels, PM sent! :cheers:

gr8fulabe
03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi everyone,

The price is now dropped to $4,200. I'm sure someone wants to pick up a deal on lots of stuff!!!

Best,
Abe

colinmcgoo
03-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I am looking for a rollcage for my 1969 FJ40 project. Would you be willing to part with yours?

Thanks,

Colin

subzali
03-24-2007, 09:31 PM
I believe the guy in Boulder has a 1HD-FT - when I first heard it I'm like, what's wrong with that engine? Then he turned around for another pass and that's when I got excited :D. Sorry to hijack the thread :o

gr8fulabe
04-03-2007, 06:31 PM
NO Problem, I don't consider anything that helps back up my story to be a hijack. It is just proof that I got everything the way I say I did...
Best,
abe

I believe the guy in Boulder has a 1HD-FT - when I first heard it I'm like, what's wrong with that engine? Then he turned around for another pass and that's when I got excited :D. Sorry to hijack the thread :o