PDA

View Full Version : You want how much?!

bh4rnnr
03-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Stopped by the convention center after work today for a job fair that was going on. Had to register, then found out would cost me 590 some dollars just to become a member so I would be allowed in. Thought that was a little ridiculous:rant: :rolleyes:

wesintl
03-05-2007, 02:30 PM
did you tell them the waitress at wynkoop only charges you $2.65 for 8 beers?

Rezarf
03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow, that is crazy! I would like to see their "member" verses how many are placed within two months before throwing any cash down.

What line of work are you looking for Perry?

Drew

timmbuck2
03-05-2007, 02:54 PM
that should give you a great new job idea! host job fairs!

T

bh4rnnr
03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow, that is crazy! I would like to see their "member" verses how many are placed within two months before throwing any cash down.

What line of work are you looking for Perry?

Drew

Anything that pays the bils(o.k, anything but auto). Just wanting something that will help get the expidition going.

Uncle Ben
03-05-2007, 04:16 PM
did you tell them the waitress at wynkoop only charges you $2.65 for 8 beers?

:perry: = Norm :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :beer: :hill:

Hulk
03-05-2007, 11:11 PM
the Denver Post sponsors job fairs on a frequent basis, and these are free.

Perry, I think you should figure out three jobs that you'd really like to have, and then go for these. I don't think potential employers are impressed with, "I'm looking for anything except the field where I have experience." However, if you go in saying, "I am looking specifically to get a job in this industry, and I'm willing to work my ass off to get one..." ...then you're showing mega ambition, and that's a desirable trait in an employee.

But make sure that it's true. That's why you should figure out some dream jobs, and go for these. Plus, it will be something to come back to after the expedition. You are planning on coming back, right? :D

Jenny Cruiser
03-06-2007, 09:35 AM
There's plenty of 'anything but...' guys working for State Farm. I don't know what your auto experience is, but it sounds like you're perfect for SF Auto. If not, the letters LEO are a match for your job preference. They're always hiring. :hill:

farnhamstj
03-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Got a resume? Post it up.

Inukshuk
03-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Remember Perry - you don't need a job to PAY for your expedition, you need a job that gives you time to assemble the plan and sponsors for your expedition!!! THINK BIG!