PDA

View Full Version : Attending my first meeting...

corsair23
03-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Looking forward to actually being able to attend a meeting!

That said, I've read the sticky about where to meet and I know where Stevenson is, but is there anywhere in particular that we should park at the dealership?

And I assume I don't need to bring an application yet as this will only be my first meeting and I have not yet attended an event or outing, correct?

For those attending I've got some goodies for the raffle so be sure to show up :D

treerootCO
03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
We usually take up every spot on the South side of the building. Most everyone likes to show up a little bit early so we can catch up outside before we start. If you get there late, you can't miss the old iron outside. We meet upstairs so go inside, find the stairs, and walk all the way around until it ends. That is the conference room.

Rising Sun wants you to attend at least one event before you can be voted in.

You are welcome to come down and help on the raffle vehicle. That would count as an event. ;) The next work day should be determined tonight after the pre meeting meeting.

Romer
03-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Bring beer money for later :D

Shark Bait
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Bummer. I'm going to miss this meeting. I still can't drive and, as you can probably tell from my recent posts, I'm fairly heavily medicated. Oh well, next time. :D

Rezarf
03-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Bummer Chris- are you healing up okay?

Drew

corsair23
03-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the parking tip and of course I need to hit the money God for some :beer: $$ - Isn't there a rule about the noob buying the first round? :hill:

Shark Bait
03-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Bummer Chris- are you healing up okay?

Drew

Hi Drew,

Yes. Thanks. I'm still not allowed to actually bear full weight on my right leg yet because of the bone grafting and shortening of the right leg they had to do. Should be able to start using it some early April or maybe a little sooner. So because of that I'm not allowed to drive yet. That, and all the good drugs. :grinpimp:

Hulk
03-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Hope the meeting didn't scare you off. Thanks for the donations to the raffle! The FJ40 parking sign will be displayed proudly!

corsair23
03-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Hope the meeting didn't scare you off. Thanks for the donations to the raffle! The FJ40 parking sign will be displayed proudly!

I had a great time. I'm pretty quiet and reserved and must admit I was a little awed at the attendance. But it was great to meet more of the Rising Sun folks and get a chance to chat with folks in person. As for the prizes, just my way of saying thanks to the Club for allowing me to "hang out", learn, and take advantage of the vast experience and knowledge :thumb:

Hopefully next meeting I can stick around for a :beer:

wesintl
03-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Welcome! finally great to meet you in person! Thanks for the Mags and raffle prizes! That was very generous of you :thumb:

Romer
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Hopefully next meeting I can stick around for a :beer:

Yeah, I was hoping to visit with you at Hops. Otherwise, I would have hung out more after the meeting:cheers:

Myredyota
03-09-2007, 03:28 AM
I sure wish the meetings were on a different night. I work 14 hour days Monday - Thursday. How am I supposed to join?:mad: Can we have an impromptu meeting May 2nd in Moab?:dunno: I will be there for that!!!