PDA

View Full Version : How Far Will the DU Pioneers Advance?

Shark Bait
03-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Will they win the WCHA (http://denverpioneers.cstv.com/sports/m-hockey/denv-m-hockey-body.html)tournament? Will they make it to the NCAA West Regionals? Can they make it to the NCAA Frozen Four and win it all again this year? :D

timmbuck2
03-07-2007, 10:16 PM
nope. too young, not enough depth. I will be there cheering my head off this weekend though. Minnesota will be tough to beat....

Shark Bait
03-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Uh, you mean Wisconsin? I'd be there if it wasn't for my hip. :eek:

3/5/07
Pioneers Faceoff Against Wisconsin in WCHA Playoffs This Weekend
The Pioneers have won 21 games for the sixth consecutive season.
University of Denver - Official Athletic Site

The No. 10/11 Denver Pioneers (21-13-4, 13-11-4 WCHA) host the Wisconsin Badgers (15-17-4, 12-13-3 WCHA) in the first round of the WCHA Playoffs March 9-11 at Magness Arena. Friday and Saturday's games will be televised live locally on Comcast and webcast live on DenverPioneers.com. The

timmbuck2
03-07-2007, 10:33 PM
no.....Minnesota will be tough to beat for the NCAA title....I know we play the stinkin' Badgers this weekend. :)

Shark Bait
03-08-2007, 07:49 AM
We beat Minnesota during the season, if I recall.

timmbuck2
03-08-2007, 08:27 AM
yup, we were 1-1 against them, but they are a tough team in the playoffs...should be fun. I am a season ticket holder (and was a Gopher ticket holder in MN) but totally forgot to buy tickets to the regional at Pepsi Center. D'oh! Will have to scalp some I guess...

Shark Bait
03-08-2007, 08:36 AM
I've got an extra set of 2 tickets for the West Regionals if you want them, $100 each. March 24 & 25 at Pepsi Center. Section 146, Row 21, seats 3 & 4. There are two games on Saturday and one on Sunday. With any luck, DU will be there.

Shark Bait
03-08-2007, 02:11 PM
ttt. I thought timmbuck2 would jump all over this. :confused:

timmbuck2
03-08-2007, 02:34 PM
ttt. I thought timmbuck2 would jump all over this. :confused:

sorry, had to check with the boss, she is in training all day. :) I'll PM you tonight.

T

Shark Bait
03-08-2007, 02:34 PM
K :p:

TacoDuck
03-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Gentlemen,

Its good to find some wcha hockey fans here. I'm a pretty big gopher fan being a recent MN transplant.

I don't think MN will make it to the frozen four this year. I watched most of their games this year. Yes, they are good. But they are very young. Only two seniors. I've seen them play just fantastic, but other times very immaturely.

I don't think they have the poise and maturity to be champions this year. So I'm thinking the wcha tourney is wide open. It will be fun to watch.

Loren

timmbuck2
03-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Where in MN? I was in Shoreview from age 12 until college at the U, then NE Mpls until 1999.

T

Gentlemen,

Its good to find some wcha hockey fans here. I'm a pretty big gopher fan being a recent MN transplant.

I don't think MN will make it to the frozen four this year. I watched most of their games this year. Yes, they are good. But they are very young. Only two seniors. I've seen them play just fantastic, but other times very immaturely.

I don't think they have the poise and maturity to be champions this year. So I'm thinking the wcha tourney is wide open. It will be fun to watch.

Loren

TacoDuck
03-09-2007, 08:43 AM
I grew up in Burnsville, went to school at Augsburg in mpls. Lived in Eagan, and Inver Grove Heights, until I move out here 3 years ago.

Loren

Shark Bait
03-09-2007, 09:31 AM

Welcome! Won't hold the gopherness against you guys. :D

I've had season tickets for DU since they were in the "old" field house. Went to a game one night and ended up on the short side of the old barn, attack twice, about 3 rows from the ice between the blue line and the end line. Went and checked between periods and they were available for the season. Had them ever since. It's probably been at least 15 years, maybe longer. Of course, back then the tickets were $10-$11/seat. Now they are more than double that. It's still worth in compared to the Avs. My seats in the new arena are about the same. Section 19, row 11, seats 15 & 16. I split them with a buddy. He goes Friday nights and I go Saturday.

So are either of you guys going to take that pair of NCAA West Regional tickets from me?

TacoDuck
03-09-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm going to have to pass on the tickets. But next year we should have an outting when the gophers are in town.

Loren

PS. Sometimes people look at me funny when I say I enjoy watching the gophers play hockey. Yup, we put tiny little skates on them, use stick matches for hockey sticks, and put little thimbles on their heads for helmets.

timmbuck2
03-09-2007, 03:07 PM
and Badgers playing Gophers in hockey is hilarious. :)

T

I'm going to have to pass on the tickets. But next year we should have an outting when the gophers are in town.

Loren

PS. Sometimes people look at me funny when I say I enjoy watching the gophers play hockey. Yup, we put tiny little skates on them, use stick matches for hockey sticks, and put little thimbles on their heads for helmets.

Shark Bait
03-09-2007, 04:27 PM
And a Pioneer ... ? :p: