PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: '90 4runner parts in CO

engineerjoe
03-08-2007, 10:20 AM
These are some parts I want to get for my 4 runner
Let me know if you have any of these - Would preffer that you be within a few hours drive of me (Colorado Springs)
But drop me a line if you have any of these and we can probably work something out

Update 3/14/07: Placed order with Front Range Offroad for brake lines and wheel spacers :) First build day is going to be Saturday April 14th.

Rear Lift coils and/or coil spacers (counting on you corsair!)

I still need:
5.29 gears for a 85 front axle and for a V6 rear

Ring and Pinion shims/necessary install parts

4x2 oil pan from a 3.0 liter T100

Possibly a locker for the front or rear for the right price

Thanks!
Joe - engineerjoe@gmail.com

Red_Chili
03-09-2007, 08:20 AM
I smell a SAS and 5VZ swap... what do I win?

engineerjoe
03-09-2007, 09:22 AM
you're half right. no 5vz at the moment. The oil pan is so I can clear the crossover steering arms with a small lift
So you win nothing!!!

Red_Chili
03-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Interesting. My thought on the crossover clearance using minimal lift would be hitting the frame itself - did you notch the frame? Some have.

corsair23
03-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Did I read somewhere recently that 80 series springs can be used on 4Runners?

If so, I should have some stock LX450 springs available in the near future if you're interested. Let me know if you want me to save them.

engineerjoe
03-09-2007, 01:48 PM
I heard that as well - I'd have to have a look at them to be sure.

Red_Chili
03-10-2007, 01:18 PM
The rears will work on your rear (the fronts work on newer 4Runners). Jeff, I'll take the fronts, I'd like to try my hand at shortening them about an inch for my wife's 4Runner (the ones on there are quite a bit taller than the front end...). Raked.

corsair23
03-10-2007, 05:07 PM
The rears will work on your rear (the fronts work on newer 4Runners). Jeff, I'll take the fronts, I'd like to try my hand at shortening them about an inch for my wife's 4Runner (the ones on there are quite a bit taller than the front end...). Raked.

Bill, When I get the new lift on I'll save all the coils in case someone can use them. You've got dibs on the fronts and EngineerJoe has dibs on the rears if he want's them.

engineerjoe
03-10-2007, 06:13 PM
i want them
any idea how much lift to expect?

corsair23
03-11-2007, 12:39 AM
i want them
any idea how much lift to expect?

Nope...But I'm sure someone will chime in on that.

Red_Chili
03-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Depends where you were to start with. Up to 4". You don't want more than that really with the stock arms, and I would VERY HIGHLY recommend both

1) bracing the upper control arm brackets on the axle with some around-the-axle strapping (1/8", stitch welded to the axle housing, careful to not warp it) and maybe even additional 1/8" strain relief tabs on top of that where they attach), and
2) Using All-Pro adjustable upper control arms with heim joints, and longer lower control arms with Johnny Joints. These work really well and allow you to adjust the pinion angle to boot!

engineerjoe
03-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks Chili
I will definitely do both
Corsair, let me know when you get them ready to go - I'll help you pull em too.

corsair23
03-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks Chili
I will definitely do both
Corsair, let me know when you get them ready to go - I'll help you pull em too.

I'm going to have the pros install the lift :)

I decided to go ahead and have Slee install the lift so I know it is done right and also have them take the opportunity to give the LX a once over to determine if anything else needs attention. Lexus dealership says all is well but I'll feel better having Christo's folks check it over. Call it piece of mind and this way I stand a good chance of actually getting the lift on before CM07 :thumb: vs panicing trying to get it done myself.

Should be 2-3 weeks due to parts availability so I hope that works out time wise for you.

engineerjoe
03-12-2007, 11:53 PM
actually that will work out perfect for me - im waiting on other parts at the moment

corsair23
03-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Sounds good...

By the way, LOVE your signature line saying :)

engineerjoe
03-14-2007, 04:24 PM
bump - 1st page updated as of this morning

corsair23
03-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh man...Now the pressure is ON :)

Just waiting for Slee to let me know the parts are in...Oh, and I have to figure out a way to get up there, drop off the LX, and get back to work...Although they do have that really cool trailer/camper deal in the lobby...maybe I could catch some zzzzzzz's in it :)

corsair23
04-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Joe and Bill,

The LX450s coils are available for you guys whenever you're ready for them. I'll send PMs as well.