PDA

View Full Version : raffle update 031107

Beater
03-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks to all who helped!

If I am not mistaken, we are ready for the motor.

What we REALLY need this week, is phone calls, and more calls. We need to amass the parts while the motor is going in.

Things we need to get in hand next:

front bumper
thirdmembers
compressor mounted
cb
thule/yakima
assorted dealer bits
brake lines

Please pm me your progress - (you know who your are)

j

nuclearlemon
03-11-2007, 10:22 PM
dave gore is waiting on a new tool for the front bumper. as soon as he gets that, we're first.

powertank shipped last week.

reider racing has the proposal for gears, and i've tried to get ahold of joe collegia a couple of times to see if he's heard from them...he knows the guys at reider and arranged everything and gears are being shipped to him direct, but joe's hard to get ahold of .

got ahold of gary, he's going back to texass and will grab a right hand rear regulator when he gets down there.

this week, i need to get ahold of exhaust pros and 4wpw to let them know that they will be seeing the vehicle soon.

in the meantime, here are some update pics from this weekend trimming out the rig and installing body lift and the shackles that nathanial cut out.

nuclearlemon
03-11-2007, 10:24 PM
john herculined the mirrors to cover up the chrome that was starting to wrinkle, but then we found the perfect doner mirrors at olegs...the rare oem crinkle finish :D we also found another rig that we could build for next year :hill:

nakman
03-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Wait, you wanna build up that white 80 for next year? :lmao:

Beater
03-12-2007, 09:08 AM
I think that needs to be my new trailer!

timmbuck2
03-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Wait, you wanna build up that white 80 for next year? :lmao:

It has a good start, the sunroof glass is perfect! :lmao:

Crash
03-12-2007, 09:33 AM
The "little bits" list has been ordered from Stevinson and should be here by Wednesday.

Beater
03-12-2007, 10:48 AM
The "little bits" list has been ordered from Stevinson and should be here by Wednesday.

WHOO-AHH:thumb:

RockRunner
03-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks to all who helped!

If I am not mistaken, we are ready for the motor.

What we REALLY need this week, is phone calls, and more calls. We need to amass the parts while the motor is going in.

Things we need to get in hand next:

front bumper
thirdmembers
compressor mounted
cb
thule/yakima
assorted dealer bits
brake lines

Please pm me your progress - (you know who your are)

j

I got the front brake lines, I looked at a 62 and they look like they should fit fine. They are for a 4+ inch lift and SS to boot. I need to know how to get them to you.

I am going to be at 7th and Inca Friday afternoon the 16th from 10:30 till about 5:00. If somebody can come by and get them from me that would be great. If not I am not sure when I can get them to you.

I live in Roxborough and can meet somewhere during the week but can't commit as float building is in full swing.

Give me a call if you need to, you have
my info.

Beater
03-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Thanks Tom, I live at 6th and colorado, so about 4 miles, and I work in the river north area, at 40th and your.. hit me on my cell - 303 906 8693 to work something out.

Crash
03-13-2007, 01:05 PM
For anyone who has "volunteered" to make donation requests for the raffle truck, here is a little something to perhaps make begging a little easier for you. Suzie and I have been in contact with Tuffy Security Products and had requested a rear cargo area box as our first choice and a center console as a second, back up, choice, in case Tuffy might have thought that choice number one was asking too much - they are expensive! Suz just called to let me know that TWO boxes just arrived at our front door containing both of the requested items from Tuffy!! That's very cool, IMO, and very rewarding to Suz and I that our request was honored. So, if you are hesitant to ask a vendor for a donation, don't be, they - most of them - really want to help and we just have to ask for their help.
Now make those donation requests!! It feels good to get a positive response.
:cheers:
Steve

nuclearlemon
03-13-2007, 01:27 PM
sweet!!!! guess we are doing a drawer system pretty soon.

just talked to danny at exhaust pros. he said whenever we're ready, just let him know...should only take them a day to get it done.

wesintl
03-13-2007, 01:43 PM
For anyone who has "volunteered" to make donation requests for the raffle truck, here is a little something to perhaps make begging a little easier for you. Suzie and I have been in contact with Tuffy Security Products and had requested a rear cargo area box as our first choice and a center console as a second, back up, choice, in case Tuffy might have thought that choice number one was asking too much - they are expensive! Suz just called to let me know that TWO boxes just arrived at our front door containing both of the requested items from Tuffy!! That's very cool, IMO, and very rewarding to Suz and I that our request was honored. So, if you are hesitant to ask a vendor for a donation, don't be, they - most of them - really want to help and we just have to ask for their help.
Steve

That's awesome Steve and great inspiration! Tell Suz Thanks as well:thumb:

Mine is similar... I'm not on the committee but did the web page. I noticed some items were still needed. One was fluid. I contacted Royal Purple via email and the next day recieved a reply that they would fill my request and within a week had oil, gear lube, atf, and coolant additive and gave it to Ige at the meeting.

Unfortunatly I don't have much time to donate to the build which pains me but I'm doing what I can with solicitation and the web page.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
03-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I'LL TRY TO GET YOUR SLIDERS ASAP!

:thumb:

Crash
03-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Wes,
You rock, bro, and everyone knows of your contributions to the big picture that the internet exposes the club to. Keep up the good work that you are performing for the club's benefit.
Just got home and hauled the big box the cargo carrier is in - 85lbs worth! - off the front porch. This is one sturdy cargo box that Tuffy has sent and I can't wait to get it installed and have RockRunner build that platform around it. Hope the Alcan's can handle all of the weight!! The center console is coming out of the box in a few minutes. Damn, I can't wait to win this truck! Guess I better buy some tix, eh, Ingrid?
:beer: :beer:

Uncle Ben
03-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Wes,
You rock, bro, and everyone knows of your contributions to the big picture that the internet exposes the club to. Keep up the good work that you are performing for the club's benefit.
Just got home and hauled the big box the cargo carrier is in - 85lbs worth! - off the front porch. This is one sturdy cargo box that Tuffy has sent and I can't wait to get it installed and have RockRunner build that platform around it. Hope the Alcan's can handle all of the weight!! The center console is coming out of the box in a few minutes. Damn, I can't wait to win this truck! Guess I better buy some tix, eh, Ingrid?
:beer: :beer:

You do need to buy some tix because it's the right thing to do....even though I already have the winning stub! ;) :thumb: :hill:

Crash
03-13-2007, 05:39 PM
You have "The Stub"? Oh man, I'm not taking that lob over the center of the plate. Anyone else like to? :lmao:

You do need to buy some tix because it's the right thing to do....even though I already have the stub! ;) :thumb: :hill:

Uncle Ben
03-13-2007, 05:47 PM
You have "The Stub"? Oh man, I'm not taking that lob over the center of the plate. Anyone else like to? :lmao:

Laugh away sir....fact is I have the only "stub" that counts! While mine is sure to get "pulled," yours will only just get "tumbled and discarded!" :eek: :lmao: :hill:

nuclearlemon
03-13-2007, 06:18 PM
apparently, it's christmas time for the raffle truck. i got home from work to find the ups man had left a spiffy new powertank with brackets and hose kit.

the sad thing is, one of my stubs is the only one that matters...i've got 10 :D

my cool story is that when i called steve at powertank, i found out he's a toyota guy. he told me which issue of tt i could see a pic of his rig in, and from that, i figured out that he's the march calendar boy.

Crash
03-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Ten stubs must be better than one and one stub is better than none. :confused:
Powertank is one of several off-road related companies that I've been a customer of over the years that has gone out of its way to make sure I was a more than satisfied customer. That Steve is a Toyota guy only follows suit! With that thought in mind, has Marlin Crawler been contacted for a donation? They have all sorts of axle rebuild items and I think we need some things along that line, eh?

apparently, it's christmas time for the raffle truck. i got home from work to find the ups man had left a spiffy new powertank with brackets and hose kit.

the sad thing is, one of my stubs is the only one that matters...i've got 10 :D

my cool story is that when i called steve at powertank, i found out he's a toyota guy. he told me which issue of tt i could see a pic of his rig in, and from that, i figured out that he's the march calendar boy.

Crash
03-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Sorry to be a thread hog but........looking at the raffle truck list, we have nearly every damn thing we have listed as needs, in our possesion. Time to extend that list, don't ya'll think? The big things still needed are the Warn winch which Hulk will take care of, axle and tie rod ends that could be handled by Marlin - somebody call Dean Baranski as he has Marlin's personal hot line phone number and he can sweet talk Marlin into the front axle and tie rod needs - Rockrunner said something about having extended brake lines and I have the small parts coming from Stevinson tomorrow, leaving only a fridge and lockers as the BIG things needed to have one complete, expedition-worthy 62 to raffle off. The first aid kit, spill kit and GPS unit are all that are left to make the current wish-list complete. We are so close to having all of the parts that only our labor keeps us from having a totally raffleable(?) truck ready to go.
WOOHOO! I CAN'T WAIT TO WIN IT and I as I already have one very sweet 62 so I know wtf I'm going to win. SO GOOD!!

Beater
03-13-2007, 07:24 PM
crash, I almost broke into a verse of kumbayah.....

Convert
03-13-2007, 07:34 PM

X2 man your good

Uncle Ben
03-13-2007, 09:19 PM

I can't mess with dat....Leatherface rules! :bowdown: :bowdown: :hill:

Crash
03-13-2007, 09:41 PM

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
:p:

nuclearlemon
03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Ten stubs must be better than one and one stub is better than none. :confused:
Powertank is one of several off-road related companies that I've been a customer of over the years that has gone out of its way to make sure I was a more than satisfied customer. That Steve is a Toyota guy only follows suit! With that thought in mind, has Marlin Crawler been contacted for a donation? They have all sorts of axle rebuild items and I think we need some things along that line, eh?

i tried calling a couple of times, but can't ever get through. also emailed him, but no response. i think big horn was going to get the front end kit from him (they're donating that)...

nuclearlemon
03-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Sorry to be a thread hog but........looking at the raffle truck list, we have nearly every damn thing we have listed as needs, in our possesion. Time to extend that list, don't ya'll think? The big things still needed are the Warn winch which Hulk will take care of, axle and tie rod ends that could be handled by Marlin - somebody call Dean Baranski as he has Marlin's personal hot line phone number and he can sweet talk Marlin into the front axle and tie rod needs - Rockrunner said something about having extended brake lines and I have the small parts coming from Stevinson tomorrow, leaving only a fridge and lockers as the BIG things needed to have one complete, expedition-worthy 62 to raffle off. The first aid kit, spill kit and GPS unit are all that are left to make the current wish-list complete. We are so close to having all of the parts that only our labor keeps us from having a totally raffleable(?) truck ready to go.
WOOHOO! I CAN'T WAIT TO WIN IT and I as I already have one very sweet 62 so I know wtf I'm going to win. SO GOOD!!

i'm still waiting to get ahold of joe collegia to find out if he's heard from reider racing on gears...i've left numerous messages with ben, but joe hasn't called back and the only info i have for reider is an address where joe asked me to send a proposal letter. there are also some dealer items that justin and art were working on, front end kit and tie rods are being donated by big horn jeep club. we do need a couple of gel cells, kevin's working on ss battery trays. also hi lift. first aid kit (and maybe spill kit) is being donated by wagonmasters club.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
03-13-2007, 11:08 PM
ok, here's what i've got.
my idea is to put expanded steel over the top.
i feel it's safer and you can clean your muddy boots and shoes with it.
flat bar gets real slippery when wet, you could skid tape it i guess.

tell me what you want and i'll do it
expanded steel or flat bar?

or nothing at all.
but i'm thinking family saftey here, so i really don't want to leave it open.

jim

Rezarf
03-14-2007, 12:10 AM
I vote for Grip tape, I think the expanded metal look is a little bit cheesy. But it is just my .02

Great looking sliders Jim!

Drew

RockRunner
03-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Steve

That is awsome Steve, two birds with one call :thumb:

Give me a call and let me know which rear box we got so I can start planning the deck.

RockRunner
03-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Thanks Tom, I live at 6th and colorado, so about 4 miles, and I work in the river north area, at 40th and your.. hit me on my cell - 303 906 8693 to work something out.

Will do, do you think we can meet up on Friday?

Crash
03-14-2007, 08:10 AM
That is awsome Steve, two birds with one call :thumb:

Give me a call and let me know which rear box we got so I can start planning the deck.

Tom, we can get together this weekend if that works for you and you can use my truck for measurements. You can give me the brake lines at the same time, too.

RockRunner
03-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Tom, we can get together this weekend if that works for you and you can use my truck for measurements. You can give me the brake lines at the same time, too.

I would love to but I will be dealing with the St. Patrick's day float. I will be at 7th and Inca nearly all day Friday. If you are in the area and can stop by that would be great. If not we may have to do it on monday as Saturday is fully booked with the parade and party. Sunday is breakdown day and recovery plus I have hockey in the afternoon.

Where do you live? Maybe we can meet up today or thursday night? If you can call me at the office 303-971-1145

Hulk
03-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Winch is here! Big props to Warn for sending us a $1000 winch!
Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Self-Recovery Winch

nuclearlemon
03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Winch is here! Big props to Warn for sending us a $1000 winch!
Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Self-Recovery Winch

did we get a kit also, or do we still need to ask for that?

Hulk
03-14-2007, 12:16 PM
No recovery kit came with the winch. Maybe it will show up in the next couple of days, but I doubt it. I did ask for it, but she seemed focused on getting us the winch.

Guess we need to ask for it.

Crash
03-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I would love to but I will be dealing with the St. Patrick's day float. I will be at 7th and Inca nearly all day Friday. If you are in the area and can stop by that would be great. If not we may have to do it on monday as Saturday is fully booked with the parade and party. Sunday is breakdown day and recovery plus I have hockey in the afternoon.

Where do you live? Maybe we can meet up today or thursday night? If you can call me at the office 303-971-1145

I work just down the street from where you will be on Friday and will give you a call and then stop by and pick stuff up.

Shark Bait
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Way cool! :cool: Hulk rocks!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Now we need to line one up for Cruise Moab. :grinpimp: