PDA

View Full Version : A different kind of garage sale

Red_Chili
10-12-2005, 02:35 PM
As in, the garage itself is for sale. 1 car garage in downtown Littleton, wood frame construction / clapboard siding, good condition.

$1. No, that is not a typo. OK, 8 bits. The only catch is, you gotta move it.

Professional Building Movers (PBM) in Littleton will move it for you for about $500 I understand. Still a darn good deal. Or, you may disassemble it and take it away. Just make it go away!!!!

PM me if interested. Gotta go in the next three weeks.

Uncle Ben
10-12-2005, 02:39 PM
As in, the garage itself is for sale. 1 car garage in downtown Littleton, wood frame construction / clapboard siding, good condition.

$1. No, that is not a typo. OK, 8 bits. The only catch is, you gotta move it.

Professional Building Movers (PBM) in Littleton will move it for you for about $500 I understand. Still a darn good deal. Or, you may disassemble it and take it away. Just make it go away!!!!

PM me if interested. Gotta go in the next three weeks.

I have a great little tractor that might help tear it down if someone needs one. ;)

74fj40
10-12-2005, 03:57 PM
you might have a buyer, do you have any pictures? what kind of floor? dirt or cement?

Red_Chili
10-12-2005, 05:01 PM
No pix, but it is a sturdy little frame construction. The floor is concrete; obviously the floor will not be very easy to move... The garage is for sale for $1, but not the land under it!!! Moving the garage is totally doable though. Or, you can disassemble it! If you have priced sheds lately, it would be well worth the effort.

We are doing a major addition to the house so we can squeeze into it, and the garage will either be demo'd, or given away. Shoot me a call, my cell is in the member's only section.
[edit] I PM'd you my cell #

74fj40
10-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Last questions before we get serious - what are the dimensions please?
Also, in another post you called yourself a multiplatform enterprise software mastering process person/ database dude Did you by any chance used to work for JDE?

Red_Chili
10-13-2005, 08:40 AM
I will measure it this afternoon... 1 car garage basically, though...

Did you by any chance used to work for JDE?
Oh, dangit... cat's out of the bag. Still do. Worked for three companies in the last 8 years and my desk hasn't moved.

74fj40
10-13-2005, 10:02 AM
last 11 yrs for me - currently in B2

Thanks for the measurements - considering moving it up to some property we own in South Park as a huge storage shed - need to dimensions to see if it complies with the local bylaws....

Thanks, Rob

Red_Chili
10-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Schweet, I'm in B3-6. 4-1422. It would serve well for that purpose.

So are you Rob, or Max? You are welcome to swing by and look at it too, on Bemis Street in downtown Littleton if that is convenient. Should disassemble fairly easily (if you consider disassembling buildings easy).

The kicker is, we will need it outa-there by around 11/15 or so at the latest.

Red_Chili
10-13-2005, 07:45 PM
It is 14' wide, 24' deep, outside measurement. Hope that helps,

leiniesred
10-15-2005, 09:19 AM
My Grandpa used to move houses. I think that is where some of my patience in pulling/lifting/driving over stuff comes from in 'wheelin'. little bit here, little bit there, little bit over here, little bit more here.

Vern, My 2nd cousin in-law, picked up the skills too. He has moved several garages including a 2 car with very little help. The trick is: little bit higher at a time, and go slow on the road. :)

The first couple, including a really classy one about the same vintage as Bill's (which now serves as the tractor shed and wood shop complete with wood burning iron stove in the corner) he pulled permits on.

The last one, he simply called up the dispatcher at the sherrif's office to see who was working on a Sunday morning about 3:30 to 5:00am. When "conditions were right," they drove the garage, mounted on a 2 axle tractor (construction) trailer, right down front street (downtown) with Vern on the roof using pole to lift up the power wires and walk them back as they went under the low ones. PS Vern drives an FJ80 to add credence to the story!

In summary: Bill's garage is a good deal and the worst thing that can happen is you go too fast and lose pieces of it on the way to the country. You can do it!