PDA

View Full Version : Moab Pre-Run Photos

Groucho
03-19-2007, 10:02 AM
So I went out with Jethro(Bruce Westlund) and his entire crew to pre-run a couple of trails last weekend. It was a blast. We rolled "jethro", broke a birfield on "jethro" and got really sunburnt. Really made me get excited to go out in May.

The first three pics are of Jethro. First is on the waterfall on Gold Bar Rim, the second two are of the roll. The fourth and fifth are of Bruce's new 80 series and slee front bumper. Nice approach angle, and we didn't even come close to the A/C dryer!

Groucho
03-19-2007, 10:07 AM
First Pictures are of the birfield being replaced. The third is of Bruce sleeping while we work on the birfield. The fourth is climbing Hells Gate, and the fifth is of Hells revenge.

Jethro
03-19-2007, 11:54 AM
That one picture describes my new wheeling philosophy. Drive an 80. Sleep on the tailgate.:D

Uncle Ben
03-19-2007, 12:05 PM
FUN! That waterfall on BTR is call "The Butt Scratcher." Unfortunately, I did that 9 times :eek: last CM dealing with Kevin Kuhns blown steering knuckle. Best time from there to 191 that I had was 20 minutes flat! (had to meet up with Kim Brown for tools as she was headed home) :thumb: It was all good though.....experiance is the best teacher you can ever get!

Uncle Ben
03-19-2007, 12:06 PM
That one picture describes my new wheeling philosophy. Drive an 80. Sleep on the tailgate.:D

SWEET 80 Bruce!

Crash
03-19-2007, 09:30 PM

And this is your first wheeling season with an 80, correct Bruce? Give it a little more time and I'm guessing you will really settle in to that scene. Might even have a Nakman burrito warmer - got a fridge yet?. Yeah, I'm thinking that 80s make for good wheeling times. :thumb:
Good pics. Moab appears to be ready for the Toyota onslaught in a short while.

wesintl
03-20-2007, 06:39 PM
That's Pretty sweet there Jethro...

I'm slightly disappointed tho, as long as you keep the windows down when it's snowing I guess that'll suffice. I didn't know you were a latte drinker. ;)

RockRunner
03-22-2007, 02:51 PM
You got my juices flowing now, I can not wait!!

ginericLC
04-02-2007, 12:57 PM
And this is your first wheeling season with an 80, correct Bruce? Give it a little more time and I'm guessing you will really settle in to that scene. Might even have a Nakman burrito warmer - got a fridge yet?. Yeah, I'm thinking that 80s make for good wheeling times. :thumb:
Good pics. Moab appears to be ready for the Toyota onslaught in a short while.

When you really get into 80s you'll have access to the super secret ARB hot tub. The one other thing I don't miss is working on it. I mean I work on it now then to do some mantainence but I'm not constantly working on it.

The weather looks like it was beautiful. I'm not making CM and it appears I'm not even going to make it Moab at all this year which is not normal for me. But I have a lot of travel involved this summer so that is good. I can't wait to see some CO trails in August.

Rezarf
04-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Cool pics, everyone okay in the flop?

Drew