PDA

View Full Version : quickly running out of runway...

nakman
03-19-2007, 10:23 AM
I just looked at the calendar and realized I've only got 3 weekends left until Moab. That's this one, the next one, the one after that is Easter so probably not much mod time for me that weekend. I think the weekend after Easter is ok, but then I'll be in Chicago for a conference the next one, then the one after that is the 28th and that's when I'm driving to Moab.

Let's see... all I've got left to do is swap in J springs in back, hook up the OBA, find out what's rattling at idle... and finish my RTT rack project. I also wanted to hook up some lights in the camper but that might not make the cut. Get propane, charge the camper battery, oh and swap front rotors in the 80 since mine are shaking again.. I could get these turned but isn't that a bad idea with slotted/drilled? Maybe I'll just order the rotors & pads then put them on when I get to Moab, that could work I guess. :blah: :blah: :blah:

anyone else feeling the pressure? what do you still need to get done? :o

treerootCO
03-19-2007, 10:31 AM
I am optimistic and I'll be on vacation for most of April with out access to the rigs.

Beater
03-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Let's see... all I've got left to do is swap in J springs in back, hook up the OBA, find out what's rattling at idle... and finish my RTT rack project. I also wanted to hook up some lights in the camper but that might not make the cut. Get propane, charge the camper battery, oh and swap front rotors in the 80 since mine are shaking again.. I could get these turned but isn't that a bad idea with slotted/drilled? Maybe I'll just order the rotors & pads then put them on when I get to Moab, that could work I guess. :blah: :blah: :blah:

I have to replace my radius arm bushings and that's it... I have given up on the suspension mods (14" travel and retained springs) due to the raffle truck.

You can turn slotted/drilled... check your proportioning valve though for front to rear bias.

MDH33
03-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I was hoping to do a PS conversion, but for now I will be happy with finishing up my suspension, brakes and new tires. :hill:

nakman
03-19-2007, 10:51 AM
You can turn slotted/drilled...

Cool! Is this beyond your typical AutoZone dude skill level? These are the DBA's...

Beater
03-19-2007, 11:30 AM
I would go to a real shop.. you want someone who has run the lathe more than twice..

goodyear's, firestones, etc.

It will take twice as long to do, as you take off less each cycle

Hants
03-19-2007, 12:40 PM

Too much real work, so I haven't had any time to get out and tinker...

Removed from the List due to no way there's enough time :mad:: OBA, Winch, Custom Drawers, Dual batteries w/ aux power.

Still on the List: Cup Holder (thanks, Tim! :thumb:), O2 sensors, sawzall crunched tailpipe, recharge CO2, hard-mount CB & Antenna, dash & console bulb replacement, rebuild front calipers.

corsair23
03-19-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't even know where to start!! :eek:

Seriously though...Starting from stock I've got no where to go but up.

Mods so far...The Exide Orbital got installed yesterday (you were right Tim about using ALL of the cable leads) and...well that was it. Definitely starting to feel the time crunch and this is for a person that will probably take 4 hours to install an ARB bumper when it takes others 1 hour or less. Not a good sign :hill:

wesintl
03-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I guess I shouldn't rering and do the BB on the diesel :(

sleeoffroad
03-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Ok lets see, finish SAS on 100 series, fit 39" tires, cut body, repaint truck, wire up lockers, put radio's in plus I am sure there are a couple minor things that I am forgetting :D

nakman
03-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Ok lets see, finish SAS on 100 series, fit 39" tires, cut body, repaint truck, wire up lockers, put radio's in plus I am sure there are a couple minor things that I am forgetting :D

Yeah but don't you have a staff for that? :D :lmao:

bh4rnnr
03-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Trying to figure out how i'm going to swing it this year. Tax return usually pays for Cm, but that has gone to rent. Then theres the 4runner. Contemplaiting what to do with it. Wonder if the train goes out to Moab.

IanB
03-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Slackers. My cruiser will be fully ready... SOA, PS, spring reversal, RDB, Toybox, cromoly axles, yadda yadda and fully restored from the frame up in time for Cruise Moab...

...in 2025. Not a day later! :rolleyes: :lmao: :hill: :bowdown: :beer:

Ski season plays hell with my schedule :cool:

Convert
03-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Checking my list I've decide that weekends are just to short, Rear bumper and tire carrier Complete, 2meter radio complete, cb in dash complete, brake rotors turned and pads all the way around complete, On board air 1/2 done, rebuild power steering pump got the parts and the rear storage box is just a blueprint in my mind. Yup the runway is getting short. :blah:

Groucho
03-19-2007, 08:28 PM
In the 80:
Wire up rear factory locker
New inner axles and rotors installed on my locking front axle
Swap and wire front axle
Design, Blueprint, laser, form and carpet drawer system, install
Install HF/VHF/UHF Rig that is still at HRO
Install 20M antenna
Weld, powdercoat and install sliders

In the 60:
Drain rear diff, check bolts on 3rd member for correct torque
Fill rear diff
Design, Blueprint, laser, form and carpet drawer system, install
Install HF/VHF/UHF Rig that is still at HRO
Install 20M antenna (these will be able to be swapped from the 80 to the 60)
Finish scepter can/hi-lift/shovel drivers side swingout arm design, cut, weld, podercoat and install on rear bumper

Well, I'll just have to tackle the "necessities" like the rear diff fluid drain and fill and see if I will get to any of the other stuff.

Oh, and then there's the CM ham radio setup.

I fell no pressure. :eek:

At least I just got back from Moab, so I know I need brake fluid from using mine on the rollover.:hill:

Crash
03-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Checking my list I've decide that weekends are just to short, Rear bumper and tire carrier Complete, 2meter radio complete, cb in dash complete, brake rotors turned and pads all the way around complete, On board air 1/2 done, rebuild power steering pump got the parts and the rear storage box is just a blueprint in my mind. Yup the runway is getting short. :blah:

Better get the onboard air done all the way, bead popper!
:beer:

Red_Chili
03-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Pull the crossmember and reseal (again!! what the heck!) the transfer case. Drippage. Uncool on the trail. Even if it ain't much.:rant:

No budget for a new PS pump. Reeeeally hoping it doesn't die on me. Hmmm... hmmmm....:confused:

Was gonna fix that body crack, make the Chili purty.... won't happen.:(

Fab up the bracket for my new Caribou toolbox.:cheers:

Doing a driveshaft for the boy for his b-day, not so bad. He is moving his axle forward first. Learn from Dad, instead of getting a driveshaft and THEN moving the axle forward ("aw, heck, there's plenty of slip...").:eek:

Helping Tom get ready...:thumb:

lfd270ben
03-20-2007, 08:40 PM
I might be ready next year I bought a house in louisville so my toy money is now mortgage money O well at least the 40 can stay in a garage now I found out that if I let all the air out of the tires I have about a inch inbetween the cage and the bottom of the garage door

J Kimmel
03-20-2007, 09:13 PM
well I finally got the time, end/beginning of the month is tough for me. I will be coming out Thursday afternoon, so missing the first day :) My truck is actually pretty ready to go. Still missing some type of onboard air and brakelights, but I'll figure it out.

Hopefully the weather is good, I don't have any type of reservations, figured I'd throw a bag out in the bag of my duramax :)

Vitesse_6
03-20-2007, 10:24 PM
WOW, I wish I had something to add, But I am ready to roll, baring some unforseen issue this weekend ;)
Sorry all, Im sure I will have some small thing pop up.
Good luck all!

RockRunner
03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
No pressure, just need to remove my whoel suspension and replace it with a new one. Maybe cut out the fender wells and cut the doors to half size. May even want to make a new bumber for the front and a tire carier for the rear, that's about it. Oh nearly forgot need to figure out why the rear E-locker isn't engaging.

Also need to finish the rear deck for the raffle truck so no pressure.

Red_Chili
03-21-2007, 07:03 AM
I might be ready next year I bought a house in louisville so my toy money is now mortgage money O well at least the 40 can stay in a garage now I found out that if I let all the air out of the tires I have about a inch inbetween the cage and the bottom of the garage door
It's real simple.

6" Garage Lift.

Not kidding!

Hulk
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
It's real simple.

6" Garage Lift.

Not kidding!

Do you need to get a new garage door when you do that? I don't think it would be possible with my garage; it's attached to my house.

Red_Chili
03-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Yup.
Did it with a barn. Three feet in fact. No kiddin'.

Of course, removing tongue from cheek, it is far easier to move the header on the garage (if you can shorten any studs above it) up about a foot. Especially if it is attached to the house!!
And yeah, the door needs to match the opening. Sometimes you can simply add a panel though.

I made sure the new garage sported a tall door. 8' in fact.

gcmandrake
03-24-2007, 11:07 AM
I've now got two transmissions in the garage (W-56 & A-340H) and absolutely no time to install them. I keep hoping that the gremlins will come one night and install the automatic. Or, by some mysterious quantum anomaly, a new FJ Cruiser will replace my tired 4Runner. Hopefully, ORS has some time next month to help with the installation. Gosh, the clock is ticking...

What else to do, some electrical fixes and upgrades, replace bushings...

the Other Matt

leiniesred
03-26-2007, 09:27 AM
JKimmel helped me all day Saturday and half of Sunday workin' on a front bumper.

I worked all weekend on my rig. I'll skip the "done" parts and only list the todo:

Bolt for winch
front turn signals
rear bump stops
replace broken vac. fitting on manifold (broke it doing valve covers)
tubes for fairlead
bracing on front bumper
entry assist straps
Put on soft top

Optional stuff:

replace front leaf springs
move steering box
bracing on rear bumper

Kipper
03-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm pretty sure I have Cary talked into going and bringing the little guy. We'll be staying in a hotel though and those two won't be doing any wheeling. So that means I need to get the 60 ready to go, because the 40 ain't gonna make it and I don't want to rush on that one.

OME dakar lift, shackles, measure for shocks
shocks
longer brake lines
rear lock-rite
rebuild front axles
possibly re-gear to 4.11's if I can find some to swap in and get my hands on some 33's
figure out some simple/cheap sliders, probably call jim at SROR for that

lfd270ben
03-26-2007, 08:22 PM
It's real simple.

6" Garage Lift.

Not kidding!

It's a townhouse and some how I dont see the hoa being cool with that particular modification.

Hants
04-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Still on the List: Cup Holder (thanks, Tim! :thumb:), O2 sensors, sawzall crunched tailpipe, recharge CO2, hard-mount CB & Antenna, dash & console bulb replacement, rebuild front calipers.

Making progress: O2 sensors replaced, tailpipe sawzall'd, drive shafts balanced & new Toyota u joints, rear D/S retubed, both front calipers replaced with reman from C-Dan (right had 3 seized pistons :eek: ).

No more vibes (they were only minor), and no more pull to right :D

Still more to do, and even less time to do it...

treerootCO
04-12-2007, 01:22 AM
I am going to be busy when I get home. I don't want to let Kevin or Dan down gunning so I need to do some maintenance. I'll be back on the 18th....

corsair23
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Man I wish I was making as good as progress as some of you! I see a lot of LATE nights in my future. If only the dang weather would cooperate!

Oh and I reiterate from another post that I DON'T believe any of those folks on MUD that say they can install an ARB in 10 minutes. Maybe 10 mins to get the old bumper off and the ARB sitting in place but NO WAY can you attach a winch, wire up the lights, wire up the winch, install the AC dryer skid plate, bolt it all together, etc. etc. that fast.

Hulk
04-12-2007, 11:43 AM
tailpipe sawzall'd

Why'd you slice off your tailpipe?

Hants
04-12-2007, 12:00 PM
It was severely crunched... too much rock-bashing.

I semi-un-crunched it a couple of times, but finally gave up.

Some have simply removed the resonator and tailpipe. I didn't want the reported whine, so I just cutoff the tailpipe close to the resonator.

The resonator has a couple of dents, but is still functional. :)

farnhamstj
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Projects I'm finishing up. Dismantled, preped and painted hi lift. Paint is drying as I write. Sand and paint sliders and rear bumper. Gota look pretty for moab. Crawl under truck and check all nuts and bolts are tight. Change oil. Enlarge holes in front recovery points to fit big D rings. Thought about replacing with a hook but then I worry about tow strap falling off hook Plus it sticks out a lot.

subzali
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Brahma is up and running again, if worse comes to worse I'll drive it out there and catch trail rides for the weekend with other people!

subzali
04-24-2007, 09:58 AM
wiring for cb, turn signals and roll bar light, maybe retighten head and readjust valves (again, just in case). 8 days!

J Kimmel
04-24-2007, 12:38 PM
hmmm....just cut holes in my firewall, so I suppose I have to wrap those up now, I also have no taillights, and no e-brake, so those need to be done also. I wouldn't mind tightening a few things, trimming my fenders before re-installing, and I guess I should put my doors back on too.

Oh and its on blocks right now, have to go borrow a set of wheels and tires for this one:)

What was that I said about being ready? I'm going to be busy...

Red_Chili
04-25-2007, 01:35 PM
My rock lights suddenly decided to stop working. Wire probably popped off the switch. That's about it!

WooHoo, leaving Friday night!!!

treerootCO
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
welding the sliders on today

Uncle Ben
04-25-2007, 02:59 PM
welding the sliders on today With a welding helmet on I hope?:rolleyes: :p: :bolt: :weld:

corsair23
04-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Sniped the frickin' end off my CB antenna during install :mad:

Goes like this...Run antenna, sleeve antenna in that black plactic wire loom stuff to make it look purdy, determine length for said wire loom, peer inside to verify antenna cable is not in the way, cut.

:rant: FRICK - apparently it is hard for me to spot black on black as I notice a good 6" of antenna cable laying on the ground. Instruction state VERY clearly to NOT shorten the cable even a 1/2" as it may make the system un-tunable. :rant: , :rant: , and TRIPLE :rant:

The only good news, the place I ordered my antennas through screwed up the order. I ordered a 4' antenna and then on Ken's advice I added a 2' antenna for around town to the order as well. Well, the place only sent me the 2' antenna so the 4' antenna plus new antenna cable is supposed to be on the way.

Add to that the fun of installing the trailer brake controller (Mr T could have been a little more friendly in his placement of the brake switch!), the uncooperative weather, and a bunch of other crap to do and I'm feeling the crunch.

Already had to push our Moab arrival date back from Sunday to Monday as of now...

Rant off - I feel better now :D

Beater
04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
let's see, mount the compressor, gusset sliders, paint wheels, find out what that fricking clunk is in the front end (already did a tie rod and tightened my steering arms) and do a bunch of stuff for the raffle truck, oh and 1 soccer practice, and two games, plus a major rfp for a major client.. no, I am not nervous

treerootCO
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
With a welding helmet on I hope?:rolleyes: :p: :bolt: :weld:

I use a hood for everything including tack welds. My problem now is that I can't see out my left eye. That makes it really interesting to line things up.

Sliders are welded up, just need paint and final welded to the frame.

nakman
04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
John, does it clunk when you enter parking lot ramps? If so check those big panhard bolts.. not sure the torque just give it everything you got with the biggest bar you have. Also check torque on the top & bottom knuckle bolts, 70 pounds iirc..

Got my propane filled today, OBA is good to go... oh yeah need to chase down my rider, anyone seen Perry?

treerootCO
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I love working in the mud:)

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-25-2007, 09:38 PM

those are weak!

bwahaha... nice work mike. did you get them on yet?

Hulk
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM
When did you get the nose guard and the stinger?

bustanutley
04-25-2007, 09:50 PM

good you followed my advice :)

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-25-2007, 10:07 PM

looks metal tech

need one? ;)

Inukshuk
04-25-2007, 10:17 PM
O2 Sensor, tranny fluid exchange (not flush), replace coolant, adjust valves & replace plugs, flush brakes, new fuel filter, replace diff & t-case lube, new PHH (using Brett's kit from http://www.1fzfephh.com/) and since Brett felt bad that he could not get my overnight order out on time (even though I missed his deadline by about 30 minutes) he threw in a Gates Green WStripe Firewall heater hose kit gratis - very generous of him I say .... all long overdue maintenance .... and much to my extreme pleasure I have farmed this job out to Greg at the Toy Shop. Its only money, right?!

Next I'll need to replace the ECU and get rid of codes 83, 84 & 85 but that will wait until the rightly priced late 1993 or 94 ECU shows up!

Uncle Ben
04-25-2007, 10:42 PM
O2 Sensor, tranny fluid exchange (not flush), replace coolant, adjust valves & replace plugs, flush brakes, new fuel filter, replace diff & t-case lube, new PHH (using Brett's kit from http://www.1fzfephh.com/) and since Brett felt bad that he could not get my overnight order out on time (even though I missed his deadline by about 30 minutes) he threw in a Gates Green WStripe Firewall heater hose kit gratis - very generous of him I say .... all long overdue maintenance .... and much to my extreme pleasure I have farmed this job out to Greg at the Toy Shop. Its only money, right?!

Next I'll need to replace the ECU and get rid of codes 83, 84 & 85 but that will wait until the rightly priced late 1993 or 94 ECU shows up!

Well dang Dan....here, let me help you. There....now you don't have to adjust the valves anymore....glad I could be of some help! ;) :hill: (1FZ's use box and cradle type shims....so unless you're doing a head gasket too I doubt you will be adjusting the valves.)

Hulk
04-25-2007, 10:45 PM
looks metal tech

need one? ;)

No, but I may come talk to you about the rear bumper on my 40.

subzali
04-25-2007, 11:24 PM
See sig for to-do list: in addition:

-go flyfishing to fulfill class requirements
-presentation for Engineering Law and Ethics
-work on senior design
-Spanish final exam

After Moab: final Monday 5/7, final Wednesday 5/9, and Final Senior Design presentation anytime from 5/7 to 5/9. Then graduation Friday 5/11!

Beater
04-26-2007, 06:54 AM
treeroot - you need to stop that.. I have two auto-darks. you can long term borrow one ifn you need. One is for my son, and he doesn't weld during soccer season...

Beater
04-26-2007, 06:57 AM
John, does it clunk when you enter parking lot ramps? If so check those big panhard bolts..

yeah I think the bushings are toast.. I wont have time to replace them.. just bring out the impact and hope.

treerootCO
04-26-2007, 07:07 AM
those are weak!

bwahaha... nice work mike. did you get them on yet?

not yet, it got dark

Mark gave them to me last year and I never got around to adding it. I have been busy working on the rig this week.

good you followed my advice :)

yup, makes it really easy welding it and painting with them off the rig.

treeroot - you need to stop that.. I have two auto-darks. you can long term borrow one ifn you need. One is for my son, and he doesn't weld during soccer season...

The mask seems to be dark enough. I had to teach myself to use it. No more looking at glowing metal shortly after welding and no more tacks with my eyes closed.

Inukshuk
04-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Well dang Dan....here, let me help you. There....now you don't have to adjust the valves anymore....glad I could be of some help! ;) :hill: (1FZ's use box and cradle type shims....so unless you're doing a head gasket too I doubt you will be adjusting the valves.)

Huh? I thought valve adjustment was part of the 60k service.

"Valve clearance" is in the 1993 owners manual, was recommended when I had my cruiser reviewed in MD before I bought it 5 years ago and Greg at the Toy Shop did not disagree. (Disclaimer - I have been a customer of Greg's for many, many years, otherwise I'd be going to Christo and I do when I can anyway - love those new shocks....)
On Mud, CruiserDan wrote: Valve adjustment on a 1FZ engine is a labor-intensive job. The whole top end of the motor needs to be un-dressed and the coolant should be drained down some before removing the throttle body. I did mine and it took me the better part of a day and I did not need to change any shims,(did get parched partway thru and had to proceed to step 6 early : ) every valve was within tolerance. You should replace the valve cover gasket and the spark plug tube seals and the throttle body gasket.
If you have not changed the PHH, it would be a good time to do it with the valve cover removed. Most of the 1Fz's that I have been around have needed no shims unless the head was re-worked. I imagine Christo has seen more and could speculate on what percentage of engines actually need to be adjusted. Removing the shims is pretty straight forward, except for the two rearmost valves for #6 cylinder. If they are out adjustment it requires removal of both camshafts to get to the shims. The recommended interval is every 60,000 miles. I stretched mine to 92,000 and they were all in the middle.
On Mud Christo wrote: "You also need the spark plug seals. We replace both valve cover gasket & spark plug seals when we check valves. Checking is about 2 hours. Adjusting is more and no-one can quote you since they don't know who many need adjusting. ..."

You may want to check your valves.

Uncle Ben
04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Dan, I didn't state you couldn't adjust them....I only stated "unless you're doing a head gasket too I doubt you will be adjusting the valves!" Obviously, you can and will do what you feel needs to be done but I can't imagine doing a 1FZ valve adjust just a couple days before Cruise Moab!

I think with only 2200 miles on my new engine I'll be OK.

Inukshuk
04-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Dan, I didn't state you couldn't adjust them....I only stated "unless you're doing a head gasket too I doubt you will be adjusting the valves!" Obviously, you can and will do what you feel needs to be done but I can't imagine doing a 1FZ valve adjust just a couple days before Cruise Moab!

Ok. I misunderstood. I have put it off for 5 years and 70,000 miles, not sure when it was done before that AND that's why I'm having it done - but not doing it myself :thumb: - just before CM. Hadn't really thought about replacing the head gasket....

treerootCO
04-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Found out last night my brake lights are not working.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Found out last night my brake lights are not working.

do you need them to pass "tech"? :lmao: :lmao:

i know, maybe to run thru town ;)

farnhamstj
04-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Hand signals are acceptable in Eagle County.

treerootCO
04-28-2007, 04:14 PM
CBs installed in the Duramax and the 40. Sliders and stinger are on. Brake lights are working again. About 5 gallons of Pismo sand removed from the floorboards....

MDH33
04-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Just finished installing the Pakistan OEM replica soft top on the 40. :)

I picked this one up used from someone on MUD and several of the welds on the frame are cracked. Anyone with a welder going to be around Sunday that could zap a few spots for me? Doesn't need to be pretty, just to hold for Moab and back.

:thumb:

Rzeppa
04-28-2007, 08:34 PM
anyone else feeling the pressure?um yeah...leaders, gunners; I gave up on rust repair on the rockers a couple weeks ago - not gonna happen before Moab. what do you still need to get done? :o(chuckle) Leaders, gunners, trail assignments for those who don't have them yet. Put it all up there online so we can get it in camp. Personal: Figure out what to bring/leave behind (Everything from spares and tools to socks), set work up to live without me for a week, and get excited. Happy cruisin'!

Rzeppa
04-28-2007, 08:35 PM
do you need them to pass "tech"? :lmao: :lmao:

i know, maybe to run thru town ;)Yes, brake lights need to work to pass safety inspection.

Rock Dog
04-28-2007, 11:18 PM
My Runner blew the rear Air locker AGAIN !!! thats 3 times now on this locker. The front one (was in the rear) has never had a problem. The ones in my cruiser have not had any problems yet, and they have been in since 94... This is a v6 3rd member and is supposed to be stronger, but it has never worked long enough for me to find out.....

Anyway, it looks like i am pulling the cruiser out of mothballs and limping it to Moab.... gonna miss the dual transfer case, wheel base, and being able to listen to the radio on the highway...

Maybe i can go for ugliest rig this year.... it's still kinda red..

Neil.

Shark Bait
04-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Maybe i can go for ugliest rig this year.... it's still kinda red..

You'll get the prize! :)

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Just finished installing the Pakistan OEM replica soft top on the 40. :)

I picked this one up used from someone on MUD and several of the welds on the frame are cracked. Anyone with a welder going to be around Sunday that could zap a few spots for me? Doesn't need to be pretty, just to hold for Moab and back.

:thumb:

if you can get it to castle rock i'll do it for you this afternoon
720-219-8033

jim

Inukshuk
04-29-2007, 10:44 AM

Turns out that at 184,000 mi All valves were still in spec! Suweet! :thumb: Also scored a used ECU for $200. Finally, put in the Silicon PHH kit and FHH hoses and they are great . Old hose was scary! (I'm sure it tore on removal but I'll bet that interior split was there - plus it tears really easy)

Shark Bait
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Looks like you dodged a bullet there, Daniel. Have a great time and be safe!! :eek: :D

MDH33
04-29-2007, 06:44 PM
if you can get it to castle rock i'll do it for you this afternoon
720-219-8033

jim

Thanks for the offer Jim!

I rigged it for short term fix with a couple of sheet metal screws and the top is ready to go. Just need to swap some fluids Monday, get my gear together and I'm ready. :D

Here's the new (to me) top freshly installed:

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/148018242-M.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/148018028-M.jpg

Rzeppa
04-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Tuff Truck! Looks good!

Uncle Ben
04-29-2007, 09:02 PM

I rigged it for short term fix with a couple of sheet metal screws and the top is ready to go. Just need to swap some fluids Monday, get my gear together and I'm ready. :D

Truck looks AWESOME! Great taste!

Inukshuk
04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Looks like you dodged a bullet there, Daniel. Have a great time and be safe!! :eek: :D

Thanks. Won't be the same without you :( - but mend those joints because Moab will be there for you! :thumb:

J Kimmel
04-30-2007, 06:31 AM
well got a bunch done this weekend, thanks also to Rudy for coming over to lend a hand :)

Fenders tubbed
brake lights wired and mounted
line lock plumbed and wired

still need to: trim fenders, take to muffler shop Wednesday, bleed front brakes, install wheels and tires.

Still have a little work to do, but the good news is that I shouldn't have any really late nights leading up to departure. That will be a nice change, seems like for some reason or another there are always a couple of those and they really aren't ever fun.

Rezarf
04-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Martin-

Your truck is looking amazing! Great stuff!

Drew

MDH33
04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the positive words guys, it's coming together as I had always envisioned it. Really looking forward to getting it on the trails in Moab. :thumb:

The new top is sooo much more sturdy (and quieter) than the bestop I had. Less visability with the side window down, but I'm thinking they will be open most of the time anyway.

See you all in Moab. :)

Rzeppa
04-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Kevin, I just noticed your countdown ticker is down to 1 minute 44 seconds! Probably zero by the time this posts :-)

Hulk
04-30-2007, 02:07 PM

Your 40 looks awesome!
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

RockRunner
05-02-2007, 12:28 AM
So it is 12:25 am and I just got back in to the house and just realized we nevr welded on the bump stops.................a little late now since the wife already yelled at me.

Looks like I will hav eto be carefull

Time to go to bed, got to get up at 3;30 am damn that is in three hours.

J Kimmel
05-02-2007, 06:11 AM
mounted 42's last night, holy sh*t thats a big tire, looks like I am going to weld in bump stops today after all!