PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Moab

bh4rnnr
03-20-2007, 03:34 PM
So i'm starting to look at new ways to get to Cruise Moab this year. The main reason for this, is insurance is coming up end of this week and it may be expired for a while to save a little $, plus i'd rather put that money to Cm. Looking at the Amtrack Schedule. Looks like the closest I can get is either Glenwood Springs or Salt Lake. Need to look at the bus schedules and see when they work out. Still am planning to head out the 27th for the hot rod show, even if the Hartmans are not going this year:rolleyes: .

IanB
03-20-2007, 03:54 PM
I'll be driving down the 4th, consuming inhuman quantities of beer, and then returning the 6th if you need a ride.

Hulk
03-20-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm planning on heading to Moab on Tuesday, May 1, and returning Sunday, May 6.

Red_Chili
03-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Amtrak is not a way to save money- maybe my info is not current?

corsair23
03-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Last I looked as a "fun" trip to upstate NY, Amtrak would have run $2K+ per person and take nearly 3 days including several train changes and long layovers :( Sort of took the "fun" out of things...

Maybe a short trip would be cheaper?

nakman
03-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Perry, I'm planning on heading out Saturday 4/28. May be kind of late too, depends on the wife/kid schedule that day, just need to beat them out there so everything is "set up" when they get there on Sunday.

So you may miss the hot rods.. but if you wanted a ride out I'd let you pick what you wanted on the iPod and you wouldn't have to touch your wallet the whole way. Let me know man. :)

sno bored
03-21-2007, 08:35 AM
You could try your :thumb:

Groucho
03-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Amtrak is not a way to save money- maybe my info is not current?

Perry,
I just checked Amtrak from Denver to Grand Junction. Leaving Denver on 4-27 at 8 am and arriving in GJ at 4pm. $44 one way.

Return trip on sun May 6th was again $44, leaving GJ at 11am and arriving at 7pm in Denver.

When I went out to Moab last Thursday, I passed Amtrack right at Crescent Junction around 5:30-6pm. Must've been running on time(for once!). Its too bad you can't do a "flag stop" at Crescent junction, cause then your ride would only have to be the 30 miles from I-70 to Moab instead of from GJ.

With as much traffic that is going that way, I'm sure you could get a ride from GJ out there. Ask the proffitts boys when they're leaving, I bet they go through GJ to get there(maybe?).

I also would have a seat for you both ways but not going out 'till monday morning.

bh4rnnr
03-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Perry, I'm planning on heading out Saturday 4/28. May be kind of late too, depends on the wife/kid schedule that day, just need to beat them out there so everything is "set up" when they get there on Sunday.

So you may miss the hot rods.. but if you wanted a ride out I'd let you pick what you wanted on the iPod and you wouldn't have to touch your wallet the whole way. Let me know man. :)

Tim, thanks for the offer and I may take you up on it. Theres always main street sat night after the car show, lots of fun:) .

Nathaniel, thanks for looking into that. 44$ is not to bad. Maybe i'll call JP and see when he is heading out, and what way.

nakman
03-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey it turns out the wife is taking Saturday off now, so we'll be driving out normal time.. so we should be able to go hit the town to catch the end of hotrod girls gone wild after all.

sleeoffroad
03-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Let me see, skid Wynkoop for the next 4 weeks and you should be able to make it $'s wise :D, Oops, forgot you get a special deal there :D.

bh4rnnr
03-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Let me see, skid Wynkoop for the next 4 weeks and you should be able to make it $'s wise :D, Oops, forgot you get a special deal there :D.

Ouch! I'll be shure to not give you any of the special Wynkoop I bring:hill: :beer: :beer:

Hulk
03-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Ouch! I'll be shure to not give you any of the special Wynkoop I bring:hill: :beer: :beer:

You spelled "Wynkoop" correctly, but managed to misspell "sure."

I'm going to start grading your posts. This one gets a B minus.

:grinpimp:

farnhamstj
03-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Perry, I'm dropping my wife and kids at DIA 3:00ish on the 1st. You could catch ride with me if you want to Moab. I can get you back to Vail on the 6th.