PDA

View Full Version : Raffle Vehicle - parts/donation status 032307

Beater
03-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Team -

I need a report back, via post here, or via pm, or via email, as to where you are with your donation assignment.

I am particularly interested in the following:

Front Bumper
Shocks
thule/yakima
rear deck

etc etc etc etc

thanks in advance

Crash
03-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Tom is finishing the rear deck this weekend and I will be going to inspect it tomorrow for final fitment.
Rodney has been advised of our request.

wesintl
03-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm checking on the ARB status.

nuclearlemon
03-23-2007, 03:40 PM
i've emailed dave gore on the bumper...haven't heard back yet
haven't even had time to call 4togo on the shocks....been hammered at work every day...thinking of just going over there if they're open tomorrow after i get off work.

bh4rnnr
03-23-2007, 04:00 PM
If theres any numbers I can call, let me know.

nuclearlemon
03-23-2007, 04:48 PM
kevin found a box of parts in his shop, a lot of the stuff he was missing, but he also found that the smog pump is seized and one of the tcase shift solenoids doesn't work.

RockRunner
03-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Deck will be done this weekend. Steve is coming over this weekend to make sure it fits before final glueing.

nuclearlemon
03-23-2007, 10:51 PM
If theres any numbers I can call, let me know.

how about randy's ring n pinion.

here's the contact info

we need 4.88 gears and install kits for 58-90 landcruiser

Randy's R&P Mac 800-347-1188 ext. 5576 mac@ringpinon.com

Crash
03-24-2007, 10:50 AM
I have a couple of calls in to friends for replacement parts. The solenoids are still available from Toyota but have to be bought in pairs and the price is over $300!! Ouch. At one time, there was a suitable replacement from a Camry that went for $17 but they have been deleted from Toyota parts books. Between the 3FE list and Mud, no other Toyota solenoids have been found to work. There are a couple of work arounds but I hope we can find an OEM solenoid.
As for the air pump, there is a label on it that says "Do Not Oil" but can we try some pentrating oil to see if it is a simple matter of a little rust forming inside it while it was apart from its system? Toyota's penetrating oil is great stuff as is Kroil.

kevin found a box of parts in his shop, a lot of the stuff he was missing, but he also found that the smog pump is seized and one of the tcase shift solenoids doesn't work.

Shark Bait
03-24-2007, 11:12 AM
I know there were some wagons down at Yota Yard. Would used work?

74fj40
03-24-2007, 11:13 AM
The smog pump from the 85 FJ60 we're parting out seems to be ok - it's yours if you think it'll work..

Crash
03-24-2007, 11:16 AM

Chris, yes either needed part in used form should work just fine but it has been my experience that the very first thing that gets stripped from a 62 is the pair of solenoids in question. They sit on the passenger side firewall and are a mated pair, usually solenoid body is black and the other a clay red. Air pumps are generally much easier to find.

Crash
03-24-2007, 11:16 AM
The smog pump from the 85 FJ60 we're parting out seems to be ok - it's yours if you think it'll work..

Hi Max!
I don't know if the two are interchangeble but they might be. Thanks!

Shark Bait
03-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Chris, yes either needed part in used form should work just fine but it has been my experience that the very first thing that gets stripped from a 62 is the pair of solenoids in question. They sit on the passenger side firewall and are a mated pair, usually solenoid body is black and the other a clay red. Air pumps are generally much easier to find.

All it would cost is a phone call. 303-292-5078

Beater
03-24-2007, 11:52 AM
kevin says air pump is now good, but solenoids are needed.

leiniesred
03-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Negative and no reply on GPS so far.

Kipper
03-26-2007, 10:09 AM
no other Toyota solenoids have been found to work. There are a couple of work arounds but I hope we can find an OEM solenoid.

Check your Trails, i think 2 issues ago, the one with the collage of the world travelin' FJ60 on the cover, in the tech section there is a write-up about a different solenoid that works, not the corrola one, not even sure if it's toyota. I'll look when I get home tonight and post up. I seem to remember it only being about a $30 solution. OEM would definitely be preferred for this truck though...

Crash
03-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner! Kipper gets a gold star for the week for reading his Toyota Trails and remembering the Mark Whatley tech section lessons. The issue is the Jan/Feb and Mark describes in detail his finding that an FJ60 Air Bypass Valve can be made to serve as the transfer case solenoid. New, the part is still over $100 and doesn't fit the 62 bracket perfectly but we might be able to source one locally and it is still available - hopefully! Most likely, we only need one solenoid. Check out Mark's findings in your Trails and good job Kipper.

Check your Trails, i think 2 issues ago, the one with the collage of the world travelin' FJ60 on the cover, in the tech section there is a write-up about a different solenoid that works, not the corrola one, not even sure if it's toyota. I'll look when I get home tonight and post up. I seem to remember it only being about a $30 solution. OEM would definitely be preferred for this truck though...

Uncle Ben
03-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Sorry, nice thought but I raided the whole solonoid array many moons ago. Unfortunately, these units only lasted a couple months too which pissed me off and I ordered brand new array from Toyota. That was $300ish bucks! Silly me then sold the truck just a few months after that to some freaky looking former Texan. (That same guy tore out the ignition swith a couple months after that then sold the truck to a Kalifornian....but thats a whole differant story! ;) )

I have heard that there is a couple retro fit options form other Toyotas but I don't have time to dig. I also know a guy who used two ARB air locker solonoids with just a tad bit of fabricating but with great success.

Shark Bait
03-26-2007, 12:51 PM
I just called Yota Yard and the guy there said he thought they had them. Can anyone run by there and check:

3134 Walnut St.
Denver, CO 80205

303-297-YOTA
303-292-5078

Uncle Ben
03-26-2007, 02:16 PM
I just called Yota Yard and the guy there said he thought they had them. Can anyone run by there and check:

3134 Walnut St.
Denver, CO 80205

303-297-YOTA
303-292-5078

For an FJ-62?

Shark Bait
03-26-2007, 04:46 PM
I emailed Nancy with the info and called again. The guy that was there said they had complete 88 and 89 Land Cruisers on the lot. I can try and go down there tomorrow.

Uncle Ben
03-26-2007, 09:53 PM
I emailed Nancy with the info and called again. The guy that was there said they had complete 88 and 89 Land Cruisers on the lot. I can try and go down there tomorrow.

I will try and go by there tomorrow. I still need that fuel line too....stopped by Blakes today to grab one and the ones they have are all cut....seems it's too freaking difficult to remove the 17mm banjo bolt on the fuel filter when they pull the engine! Radiator will also be done so I can finish this beast and get it out of here!

Shark Bait
03-26-2007, 10:00 PM
OK. Maybe if you give them some promo info about the raffle vehicle they will donate the parts. :eek: :D

Uncle Ben
03-26-2007, 10:14 PM
OK. Maybe if you give them some promo info about the raffle vehicle they will donate the parts. :eek: :D

Do we have anything in writing?

Shark Bait
03-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Do we have anything in writing?

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/rafflevehicle.asp

http://www.hightrails.org/raffle.html

:confused:

Uncle Ben
03-27-2007, 12:11 AM

http://www.hightrails.org/raffle.html

:confused:

Thanks!

Uncle Ben
03-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Precision Radiator in Boulder fixed the radiator for free (yes, I got thier biz card). There was actually a hidden crack in it so they replaced the whole lower tank! I'm headed to Yota yard this afternoon and hopefully will score the rest of what I need. Jerry at BT donated a new air filter, belts and a new radiator cap. ......:thumb:

wesintl
03-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks UB. You and jerry at Boulder Toyota have gone above and beyond for the fraffle vehicle build :thumb:

Please send precisions info and i'll post it to the web page :)

Uncle Ben
03-27-2007, 03:09 PM
YODA YARD ROCKS! We now have the shift solonoid array, H/L shifter knob, and that freaking high pressure fuel line that has won the hide and seek game with me.....donated! Wes....I'll give you both YY and Precisions cards at the meeting. :thumb: :cool:

Shark Bait
03-27-2007, 03:12 PM
YODA YARD ROCKS! We now have the shift solonoid array, H/L shifter knob, and that freaking high pressure fuel line that has won the hide and seek game with me.....donated! Wes....I'll give you both YY and Precisions cards at the meeting. :thumb: :cool:

Way cool! :cool: And you guys didn't believe me they had FJ62 parts. :eek: :grinpimp:

Crash
03-27-2007, 03:21 PM
That's huge, scoring the solenoids! Great job Chris and Kevin and thanks!!!
:beer:

Uncle Ben
03-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Way cool! :cool: And you guys didn't believe me they had FJ62 parts. :eek: :grinpimp:

:bowdown: :fishboy: :thumb: :hill:

Thank you soooooooooooo much! :thumb:

BTW Matt.....right besides this 62 there was a black FZJ-80 with chrome door handles! It was hit hard at the drivers door and the dash was gone but if you need something for the beautiful bling bling black edition 80 you better go scope it out! You sir have been told! :wink:

Romer
03-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Did it have lockers? Still want a front

Shark Bait
03-27-2007, 03:38 PM
I think they figured out finally there was a void after All Auto flew the coop. Glad it worked out. :clap: :clap: :smokin: :perry:

Uncle Ben
03-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Did it have lockers? Still want a front

they had a couple 80's....didn't notice, sorry! :rolleyes:

Beater
03-27-2007, 07:18 PM
update please? bumpers et al?

wesintl
03-27-2007, 09:02 PM

added to the site.

Uncle Ben
03-27-2007, 09:11 PM
added to the site.

Just noticed an error on that page. 3FE's are 4 litre 2F's are 4.2.

Gmann
03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey, Its Brent Gehrmann. I have the spill kit but need to know where to send it as I am in Vail. Please give me a call @ 970 376-2501. If it can wait till April's meeting I can give it to Farnham to drop of at the meeting. Call me and let me know what works best.

Uncle Ben
03-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Next...

Uncle Ben
03-27-2007, 10:39 PM
BTW.....I installed my old power antenna I took out of Long Grain after I replaced the mast the 4th time. It even works! Woo hoo! :thumb:

nakman
03-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh, that's pretty. :bowdown: :bowdown:

nuclearlemon
03-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey, Its Brent Gehrmann. I have the spill kit but need to know where to send it as I am in Vail. Please give me a call @ 970 376-2501. If it can wait till April's meeting I can give it to Farnham to drop of at the meeting. Call me and let me know what works best.

brent...you got pm

nuclearlemon
03-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Next...

what....no pictures of the $300 hose? :confused: :D

that looks freaking SWEET!!!!!

Uncle Ben
03-27-2007, 10:54 PM
what....no pictures of the $300 hose? :confused: :D

that looks freaking SWEET!!!!!

I'm still in total disbelief of how much Toy wants for it! Yota Yard rules!

Rezarf
03-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Looks Killer Kevin!

Great Job!

Drew

Crash
03-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Just noticed an error on that page. 3FE's are 4 litre 2F's are 4.2.

What size pistons did you install, Kevin? .060" over calcs out to 4.3 liters. If you went .030" over it's close to 4.2!!
Pictures look good and the t/case shift solenoids are beautiful. If you think the fuel line is stupid expensive from Toyota, you should price out the heater hard lines. Whoa!
:beer: to you Uncle Ben.

subzali
03-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Yay! :cheers:

Beater
03-28-2007, 08:30 AM
can I get a status on the other donation items please?

j

FJBen
03-28-2007, 09:01 AM
sweeeeeeeeeet!

hey uncle ben,
Can't you find a way to put that supercharger you have on this engine :lmao: :D

Uncle Ben
03-28-2007, 09:09 AM
sweeeeeeeeeet!

hey uncle ben,
Can't you find a way to put that supercharger you have on this engine :lmao: :D

Hmmmm....I do have a couple Acura superchargers still!(?) :flamingo: :flamingo: :hill:

Hulk
03-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Wow, that's super clean! Looks great!

Hulk
03-28-2007, 09:55 AM
BTW Matt.....right besides this 62 there was a black FZJ-80 with chrome door handles! It was hit hard at the drivers door and the dash was gone but if you need something for the beautiful bling bling black edition 80 you better go scope it out! You sir have been told! :wink:

Hmmm... Sounds like I need to get up thar! :thumb:

nuclearlemon
03-28-2007, 01:10 PM
can I get a status on the other donation items please?

j

i'm talking to chad at four to go on the shocks and jeremy at 4wpw on tires/rims. jeremy is checking price and availability on the rims that were on the original proposal and on the steelies, also on the new mud tires...should know by the end of the week. chad was looking into the part numbers and availability of the shocks.

big horn is supposed to be getting me the tie rod end kit and the front end kit, and wagon masters is bringing me the first aid kit at the state meeting in a couple of weeks. patrol 12 with mile hi said they will get a hi lift, i need to contact them to find out how i can get it delivered/picked up from them

other than that, been working on keeping the vendors lists updated, i sent a disc of updated photos to shawn so he can update the hightrails site and i got john (treasurer for coa4wdci) updated vendor info so he can get the vendors listed as associate members and added to the hightrails mailing list.

i've also sold a couple of the items off the raffle vehicle and have been dealing with getting them boxed up and shipped.

console and grill have sold, cheaply unfortunately, but better than not at all, which the shackles haven;t sold.

nuclearlemon
03-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Hmmmm....I do have a couple Acura superchargers still!(?) :flamingo: :flamingo: :hill:

don't know what's up with the hillbilly smile...knowing you, if you put it on, it will look better than factory...that deserves a real smile !!! :thumb:

still can't wait to drive my new 62 ;)

nakman
03-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah hope you didn't crank down that drain pan bolt.. I don't want to pull anything when I do my first oil change. What kind of oil's in there, anyway?

edit: And I left a message for the marketing guy at Yakima today.. no promises though.

farnhamstj
03-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Brent called me today and asked if I'd bring the trail clean up kit to the next meeting. So cross that off the list

nuclearlemon
03-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Brent called me today and asked if I'd bring the trail clean up kit to the next meeting. So cross that off the list

will do

bh4rnnr
03-28-2007, 07:24 PM
how about randy's ring n pinion.

here's the contact info

we need 4.88 gears and install kits for 58-90 landcruiser

Randy's R&P Mac 800-347-1188 ext. 5576 mac@ringpinon.com

Ige, just saw this. Do you still want me to Call Randy's?? I can call them tomorrow befor I hit HH:D :beer: :beer:

nuclearlemon
03-28-2007, 10:01 PM
perry, if you could, that would be great. thanks

Uncle Ben
03-28-2007, 10:15 PM
What is the details on EP? Who, what, where, etc. Do they know what we need done? Do we need an appointment? etc......

Crash
03-29-2007, 07:09 AM
What is the details on EP? Who, what, where, etc. Do they know what we need done? Do we need an appointment? etc......

I've offered to go along when we deliver the truck to let them take a look at how the exhaust design and routing works best for the 62. Maybe they already know everything. Whatever gets done, don't let them follow the same routing as stock beneath the frame! A two into one cat works really well with 2.5" from there back to the exhaust pipe helps the mighty 3FE sing.

nuclearlemon
03-29-2007, 07:30 AM
it's the one on highway 2, just north of 72nd (by my house). danny knows we're bringing it, but that's all. he just said to give him a call when we were going to bring it over. when will you be ready to take it there.

not sure how to ask this, but how was the funeral? :(

Uncle Ben
03-29-2007, 08:11 AM
thanks Ige! Steve, when would you be available to meet me there?

Funeral was....well a funeral. :( It was my moms uncle. They are my God Parents....very cool folks! He was also a very decorated WWII hero so the honor guard tribute was one of the most spectacular I have ever seen, including a flyover! Very fitting for him! Thanks for asking.

Yoda Man
03-29-2007, 08:58 AM

My friend Jim Wales owns a yard in Denver and he wants to donate parts or money. He specializes in Toyota Truck and 4-Runner parts. He's trying to get his name back out there (he lost a big yard in divorce). So please contact us. We'll be meeting Marlin Crawler delivering parts and hanging out.
Thanks
Jim Wales (Yoda Man)
Jim's Used Toyota Truck Parts
2655 E. 52nd Ave Lot 6A
Denver Co 80216
303-506-5119

Crash
03-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Not today - Dr. appointment after work. Tomorrow after 3:00 pm could work. Are they open on Saturday? If none of that sounds good, Suzie could possibly be persuaded to drive out there during the day tomorrow.

thanks Ige! Steve, when would you be available to meet me there?

Funeral was....well a funeral. :( It was my moms uncle. They are my God Parents....very cool folks! He was also a very decorated WWII hero so the honor guard tribute was one of the most spectacular I have ever seen, including a flyover! Very fitting for him! Thanks for asking.

Uncle Ben
03-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Not today - Dr. appointment after work. Tomorrow after 3:00 pm could work. Are they open on Saturday? If none of that sounds good, Suzie could possibly be persuaded to drive out there during the day tomorrow.

That will work better for me too! Thanks Steve!

Shark Bait
03-29-2007, 09:33 AM
My friend Jim Wales owns a yard in Denver and he wants to donate parts or money. He specializes in Toyota Truck and 4-Runner parts. He's trying to get his name back out there (he lost a big yard in divorce). So please contact us. We'll be meeting Marlin Crawler delivering parts and hanging out.
Thanks
Jim Wales (Yoda Man)
Jim's Used Toyota Truck Parts
2655 E. 52nd Ave Lot 6A
Denver Co 80216
303-506-5119

Email sent! :thumb:

Crash
03-29-2007, 10:21 AM
:D Which will work best for you? Let me know or, better yet, I'll give you a call this evening.
:hill:

That will work better for me too! Thanks Steve!

Red_Chili
03-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Email sent! :thumb:
Anything we can do to help Jim get established will only help us out too!

bh4rnnr
03-29-2007, 01:51 PM
perry, if you could, that would be great. thanks

I will call them:thumb:

RockRunner
03-30-2007, 09:00 AM
John,

The box is done. I should be able to drop it off somewhere either Saturday or Sunday. I am not sure where the cruiser is at right now but if you let me know the address I will try to take it there this weekend.

Uncle Ben
03-30-2007, 09:02 AM
John,

The box is done. I should be able to drop it off somewhere either Saturday or Sunday. I am not sure where the cruiser is at right now but if you let me know the address I will try to take it there this weekend.

The truck is still at my house but the plan is too take it to Exhaust Pros today and Christo's this weekend.

bh4rnnr
03-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Left a message with Mac at Randy's Ring and Pinion. Will send him an e-mail later today.

RockRunner
03-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks Kevin, I will deliver it there. A lot closer than some of the other options

Uncle Ben
03-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Sooooo...how did the work weekend go on the RT? I was temped to sneak away and stop in but it didn't happen.

nuclearlemon
03-31-2007, 07:15 PM
went awesome. the one brake leak was a loose fitting. couldn't find a flare wrench, but i tightened it with a regular box end...should be good enough...didn't want to crank on it much without a flare wrench though.

got the one shackle snugged up, got the new seat foam in (i've got your box o' hog ring stuff, i'll bring it to the meeting), ac parts are in, but we decided to leave the grill off until it gets charged up incase the o rings are bad. the air dryer had crap in it, so may need a new one.

bumper/tire carrier is on and looks great, so are the sliders (i got to be the first one to stand on them :D ). my little trailer is almost empty, so we're close to getting all the parts in. got a bunch of the little things installed also, like glove box, passenger seat, air pump muffler thingamajiggy, new headlights.

tom found another vehicle with the same brown carpet he used on the deck and said it looked like crap, so he changed to black carpeting. he's installing deck/powertank tomorrow at christos. tomorrow night, ken (treeroot sr.) will be picking up the vehicle and he will take it to exhaust pros tomorrow morning. from there, it sounds like john would like to get it to goodyear to do the ac, then, hopefully, we'll know from 4wpw on tires/rims.

either way, it's looking like a real truck

nuclearlemon
03-31-2007, 07:21 PM
and check out the BLING job that uncle ben did on the powertrain!!! freakin' SWEET!!!! the only crap on their is the stuff that only media blasting will take off...other than that, this puppy is fresh off the assembly line clean!!!

also learned then when a regular prybar isn't enough, get a bigger one :eek:

Shark Bait
03-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Looks great, you guys! Awesome job !! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

RockRunner
03-31-2007, 09:39 PM
The box will be in tomorrow. The carpet looked fine on its own but next to the brown of my truck and a FJ it looked like baby crap so black it is.

The truck is looking great, can't wait to see it in person again with all the parts attached.

can we buy tickets for it???

nuclearlemon
03-31-2007, 10:00 PM
not exactly, but i'm going to fudge that.

tickets won't be available to the clubs until after the state meeting in a couple of weeks, but there are 5000 tickets that go with the vehicle to all events, so we can sell those to people who see the rig and want to buy tickets....kinda like a back door rule. since many have been around the rig, they easily could ask to buy tickets, so i may have a visiting rig sale of tickets at the meeting wednesday. :D

timmbuck2
03-31-2007, 10:38 PM
What is the plan tomorrow? Could not make it today, have all afternoon set aside to help tomorrow.

T

not exactly, but i'm going to fudge that.

tickets won't be available to the clubs until after the state meeting in a couple of weeks, but there are 5000 tickets that go with the vehicle to all events, so we can sell those to people who see the rig and want to buy tickets....kinda like a back door rule. since many have been around the rig, they easily could ask to buy tickets, so i may have a visiting rig sale of tickets at the meeting wednesday. :D

nuclearlemon
03-31-2007, 11:27 PM
tom's doing the deck and the powertank and that's it.

Beater
04-01-2007, 06:07 AM
thanks for everyone's help this weekend.

Crash
04-01-2007, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=nuclearlemon;30934] <snip>

ac parts are in, but we decided to leave the grill off until it gets charged up incase the o rings are bad. the air dryer had crap in it, so may need a new one.

<snip>

A new a/c receiver/dryer needs to be considered an absolute necessity before recharging the system. Without a new one, the system will not produce cold air. I don't think they are all that expensive.

Uncle Ben
04-01-2007, 10:10 AM
I will hit up Jerry at BT tomorrow...shouldn't be a problem.
The guy who was doing the Stainless batt trays isn't anymore mainly because of steel prices vrs the price he can sell the tray for. I will still snoop out the trays....

I will be gone until late Monday so have fun y'all!
:thumb: :hill:
[QUOTE=nuclearlemon;30934] <snip>

ac parts are in, but we decided to leave the grill off until it gets charged up incase the o rings are bad. the air dryer had crap in it, so may need a new one.

<snip>

A new a/c receiver/dryer needs to be considered an absolute necessity before recharging the system. Without a new one, the system will not produce cold air. I don't think they are all that expensive.

RockRunner
04-01-2007, 08:30 PM
The box cover is installed and looks good. I was going to mount the PowerTank too the box but after talking to Cristo we came up with a better way to mount it. I want to mount it in the right rear corner but to do so I will need to adjust the wing of the box. To do this right I would like to have the FJ at my house so I can make sure it fits nice and tight. Also I want to cut a little part of the rear of the wing so we can open the wings on the box without lowering the rear seat.

One more item I thought of doing to the box is adding some end pieces, that will finish it of and look nice and clean. I talked to Ige about this and once the FJ is done from the muffler shop I will pick it up and bring it to my house to finalize the box. Once complete I will take the FJ back to Ige or where ever it needs to be.

Crash
04-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Kevin et al,
I was just at Stevinson West getting some small parts, like inner axle tube seals - guess what needs doing before too long - and spoke with Derrick about donating OEM parts towards the raffle truck effort. He was receptive so I asked him for a transmission kickdown cable and an a/c dryer receiver. He said it "Let's take a look, okay, can you think of anything else?" I told him that I knew we would be needing all sorts of little finishing bits and he asked that we maintain a list of items needed and he would be glad to see what he could do to honor our requests. I don't mind being the middle man on this, so if you want to suggest some OEM Toyota parts please let me know and I will keep a list to give to Derrick.

Uncle Ben
04-02-2007, 08:32 PM
How did the exhaust turn out today?

Uncle Ben
04-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Kevin et al,
I was just at Stevinson West getting some small parts, like inner axle tube seals - guess what needs doing before too long - and spoke with Derrick about donating OEM parts towards the raffle truck effort. He was receptive so I asked him for a transmission kickdown cable and an a/c dryer receiver. He said it "Let's take a look, okay, can you think of anything else?" I told him that I knew we would be needing all sorts of little finishing bits and he asked that we maintain a list of items needed and he would be glad to see what he could do to honor our requests. I don't mind being the middle man on this, so if you want to suggest some OEM Toyota parts please let me know and I will keep a list to give to Derrick.

I have a new AC belt....forgot to leave it in the truck. :rolleyes:

Crash
04-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Just heard back from Dave at Susquehanna Motor Sports - rallylights.com - and he has pledged to donate an FJ62 headlight wiring harness that no one else offers to the best of my knowledge. The stock FJ62 headlight wiring configuration sucks badly and drops the voltage 1.5V or more from what the alternator is putting out. This will be a great upgrade to the truck's lighting.

nuclearlemon
04-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Just heard back from Dave at Susquehanna Motor Sports - rallylights.com - and he has pledged to donate an FJ62 headlight wiring harness that no one else offers to the best of my knowledge. The stock FJ62 headlight wiring configuration sucks badly and drops the voltage 1.5V or more from what the alternator is putting out. This will be a great upgrade to the truck's lighting.

sweet thanks steve. make sure they send a sticker or something to put on the vendor board

bh4rnnr
04-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Called Randy's again yesterday. Have not herd anything back yet on the gears/install kits. Will send out a e-mail today.

nuclearlemon
04-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Called Randy's again yesterday. Have not herd anything back yet on the gears/install kits. Will send out a e-mail today.
cool...thanks perry