PDA

View Full Version : Drag link

PatrolMan
03-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Well, I got my 40 front end into my Patrol. Found U-bolts from a Ford truck rear that fit well onto the front axle. Used the 60 springs from Jim and all is well. NOW I am at the point where I need to figure out my drag link. Does anyone know the length of the 40 drag links (I believe there are 2 styles?) or do they have one I can use to see if it fits into place. My steering box is the side to side style, not a "push-pull" style like Toyota used for a while. The push-pull drag link won't fit my application. I already have the tie rod, just need to find the best drag link for the application. Thanks to everyone for your help!

wesintl
03-27-2007, 09:18 AM
There is only 1 drag link. But I don't think that is what you're after.

I'm assuming your needing what we generally refer as the relay rod that goes from the center arm to the tie rod?
#29? http://www.sor.com/sor/cat094.tam?xax=22057&page%2Ectx=cat094%2Etam

PatrolMan
03-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Yes, I guess Toyota calls is a Relay Rod. That is where the traditional drag link is on vehicles. I have to admit, Toyota has done some bizarre stuff with steering, including on the solid axle trucks, but I guess it all works! What I need is the length from the center of the mounting points. My bar from my Patrol is about 2 inches too long. Hoping I can use a Toyota bar. Thanks!

wesintl
03-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I'll measure mine tonight if someone doesn't post this info before then.

wesintl
03-31-2007, 09:29 AM
center to center of the tre with the rod is ~33 1/2"

PatrolMan
03-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Very cool. That helps tremendously. Thanks again!