PDA

View Full Version : Good News for Car Top Tent Owners

Jenny Cruiser
04-05-2007, 06:15 PM
The ladder upgrade is a done deal. I didn't keep a record of everybody who bought one so if you have one and want the new ladder (Colorado/Utah) let me know. You can fit it to the old style and it extends up to 81". There is a 12" extension available as well (over 90 inches of reach total).

If you haven't had a chance to check out the new tent you might want to. It has the universal mounting system and an optional changing room that attaches to the bottom. http://www.car-top-tent.com/products.asp

I can beat the online deal on the new ones if 3 people want to go in on the deal. PM me for details.

:cheers:

corsair23
04-06-2007, 12:45 AM
What's required to make the new ladder work with the old tent?

I haven't even used my tent yet but I'd be interested in the ladder (and the better than online deal). Is Denver considered local? :)

Three Wheel Ben
04-06-2007, 06:47 AM
I'm in for a non-pos ladder. :D

Vitesse_6
04-06-2007, 07:25 AM
If you dont mind, I would like to cut and paste this to WC, There were atleast 10 who have them on there.
LMK
Thanks

Uncle Ben
04-06-2007, 08:39 AM
What's required to make the new ladder work with the old tent?

I haven't even used my tent yet but I'd be interested in the ladder (and the better than online deal). Is Denver considered local? :)

What if we did a group buy. The ladders would all get shipped to one location and maybe we could even get a discount?

I'm down for one actually two as I'm sure Robbie and Robin will want one!

nakman
04-06-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm in for the ladder upgrade, and possibly the changing room too, is that an upgrade option?

And Brian if we get all this orchestrated before CM I'm sure we could help you guys with delivery. ;)

wesintl
04-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I haven't even pulled mine out of the box.. I guess i'm in for a ladder though :)

Vitesse_6
04-06-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm in for the ladder upgrade, and possibly the changing room too, is that an upgrade option?

And Brian if we get all this orchestrated before CM I'm sure we could help you guys with delivery. ;)

Cool! I havent posted it, But I guess I should.

corsair23
04-06-2007, 10:54 AM

x2 on the changing room dealyo as well...Would go well with the portable toilet that arrived yesterday :cool:

Assumed the changing room only worked with the new tent but you know what they say about that :D

Vitesse_6
04-06-2007, 11:20 AM
I dont think it would be all that hard to add a changing room, Just put on some snaps around the bottom then make/buy/whatever a surround, I have a shower enclosure that I hang from the bottom on mine, But a larger one would be nice.

Jenny Cruiser
04-06-2007, 11:52 AM
I'll look into the possibility of getting the changing room for the old tents. I'm sure it could be fit to them as anything is possible, but they're made for the new style which is a bit smaller.

As far as the ladders go, Denver is local and they will be selling them online for about $70+ shipping from what I understand. You'll basically be taking the old ladder off and putting the new one on. I have yet to do it so I can't say there won't be any hole drilling, but it will be a no brainer IMO.

WC is awesome and welcome to the deal as well. I can ship a bunch up there and save you all money. I PM'd Kurt to get the word out, but feel free to post away. I'm not on all ya'll's forum so, any help is greatly appreciated.

I planned on ordering 20 ladders. I can order more if need be.

Chad

Vitesse_6
04-06-2007, 12:18 PM
WC is awesome and welcome to the deal as well. I can ship a bunch up there and save you all money. I PM'd Kurt to get the word out, but feel free to post away. I'm not on all ya'll's forum so, any help is greatly appreciated.

Chad

Done!
BTW, I was there to pick up one of the 7 CTT's you deliverd to SLC that early morning, Thanks again :cheers:

corsair23
04-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I'll look into the possibility of getting the changing room for the old tents. I'm sure it could be fit to them as anything is possible, but they're made for the new style which is a bit smaller.

As far as the ladders go, Denver is local and $XX is a pretty good discount as they will be selling them for about $70+ shipping from what I understand. You'll basically be taking the old ladder off and putting the new one on. I have yet to do it so I can't say there won't be any hole drilling, but it will be a no brainer IMO.

Chad

Thanks Chad...I should learn to read slower and then I would have understood the $XX was the better price :). That's less than a trip to the emergency room when the existing one fails and we all fall out onto our noggins :eek:

I'm in for one and the changing room as well if they can be had for a realistic sum :thumb:

Thanks for putting this together!

Jenny Cruiser
04-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I'll do what I can to get everything here and ready to go before Cruise Moab. We can get everything that needs to go UT shipped there, or make arrangements to get it to Moab.

Thanks,

Chad

Vitesse_6
04-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Sorry to say but there isnt much happening on my end, However if anything needs to be brought to SLC from Moab, I am more than willing to help out.
I know its only been 14 hours but I figured there would be something :)

Jenny Cruiser
04-07-2007, 11:12 AM
It's Easter. Everbody's got baskets to find and deviled eggs to eat. I love deviled eggs.:D

Rezarf
04-07-2007, 08:03 PM
I am in for one of the new ladders. I can pick up a batch for the Louisvillian's if need be.

Drew

Vitesse_6
04-08-2007, 02:01 PM
I will take one, Mine seems to be fine for now, But you never know when its gonna go.
Thanks

Jenny Cruiser
04-20-2007, 09:27 PM
If all goes well, everything should be here next week some time. The deal is on. I can't post prices, although I already have, but you all know the deal. I'll have what you need before Moab.

Brian, Let me know if there's anything I can do for WC.

Chad

Vitesse_6
04-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Will do, I still havent heard anyone wanting a new ladder, But it sounds as if some have yet to use them......Its only a matter of time :)
Thanks again

Jenny Cruiser
04-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Everything will be here Friday.:cheers:

Jenny Cruiser
04-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Everything's here. :) I'll be in Denver today to pick it all up. Let me know if you want to meet and pick up a ladder or tent.

Chad

Cell: 970-302-7801.

corsair23
04-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Chad,

Are you bringing some ladders to Moab (assuming it will fit for the ride home)? Or for those that want one and can't hook up before then will you be coming down to Denver again, maybe the next RS meeting in June?

Jenny Cruiser
04-27-2007, 02:06 PM
I'll have what isn't picked up at Moab for sure. It's looking more and more like I'll be pulling a trailer, so there may be more room if anyone needs something hauled out there. I just sold my enclosed, so it will be on a small flat bed covered by a tarp.

Thanks,

Chad

Jenny Cruiser
04-29-2007, 03:10 PM
I posted some pics of the new tents in the camping "Review your RTT" thread on Mud. I'm going to raffle a tent off while I'm there. If you can write your name and cell # on a $20 you're in. I'll draw a winner Friday. :thumb:

Chad

Jenny Cruiser
05-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I'll be at the ARB seminar Friday to learn something new. If you have yet to pick up a ladder or tent I'll have both there. Thanks.

corsair23
05-17-2007, 12:26 AM
I'll be at the ARB seminar Friday to learn something new. If you have yet to pick up a ladder or tent I'll have both there. Thanks.

Perfect! I plan to attend the ARB dealyo so I'll pick up one then. Any word on the changing room fitting the older tent? I might have missed/forgot the answer :hill:

Jenny Cruiser
05-17-2007, 12:46 AM
I haven't compared the measurements of the two yet, but I'll get out the tape measurer tomorrow. :)