PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - dual pulley for york compressor

nakman
04-10-2007, 02:42 PM
I need a pulley with the two locations, so my belt lines up with the pulley location down on the water pump. The picture below is of the pulley that I need..

I've got a couple "single" pulleys that I'd be willing to trade. Or just $$, you tell me.

edit: yes I know I could probably spend a day in a junkyard and find one but between a real job and being a parent I just don't seem to have the time for such things. Hoping someone's got one laying around?

nakman
04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Here's a picture of the "single" pulley, that doesn't line up right in my application.

corsair23
04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Hmmm...

More pilfering of my 40? Actually I don't recall what mine is, but if you can't find one before Moab and the one on my 40 would work, you could pull it and use on a temp basis. The 40 isn't going anywhere right now with the front end taken all apart and I don't have much time to get it all back together :(

Shark Bait
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Tim,

I've got one. I'm not going to be using it either, for a while. How do you get it off? Looks like one bolt on the face of the pulley. Just find me another one to replace it later.

nakman
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Jeff, thanks so much for the offer.. but I'd hate to pull a working part from your truck, you should be driving that 40 and using the OBA instead. :)

Chris, that would be awesome, thanks. I'm going to call a couple junkyards tomorrow just in case I can get lucky, but I may need to borrow yours. I'm good for it, promise. Yes it's just that one 1/2" bolt.. you may need to smack it with a soft hammer though to break the seal on the tapered spindle, then it should fall apart. thanks! :cheers:

Shark Bait
04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Let me know. I got my compressor from Neil. Give him a call, he might have extra parts.

corsair23
04-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Jeff, thanks so much for the offer.. but I'd hate to pull a working part from your truck, you should be driving that 40 and using the OBA instead. :)

Agreed...but, better to have 1 working than 2 not working, right :hill:

I'll have the 40 back together with the new front bumper (that has been sitting in the basement for 2 years :() on with the 8274 attached sooner rather than later! Then I just need to finish up my hard top lift dealyo, get the rear seats mounted, etc. etc. etc. and she'll be on the road :D

But, in case what Chris has doesn't work out, the offer still stands. If nothing else it would get you by for Moab :thumb:

Hulk
04-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I need a pulley with the two locations, so my belt lines up with the pulley location down on the water pump. The picture below is of the pulley that I need..

Where did you get the bracket for the compressor? Looks nice.

Uncle Ben
04-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Where did you get the bracket for the compressor? Looks nice.

Where else? Your one stop shop for Mall Cruiser accessories....
Christo's paycheck drop-off service... (http://sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_york.htm) ;) :thumb:

Hulk
04-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Where else? Your one stop shop for Mall Cruiser accessories....
Christo's paycheck drop-off service... (http://sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_york.htm) ;) :thumb:

Wow, that's slick. That may be a summer mod.