PDA

View Full Version : Standing on its own four "feet"

RockRunner
04-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Well here is a bad phone picture of my truck standing on its own. I think it is to tall and that is with 31's under it once the 37's go under look out. I am thinking of taking the shacles that are on it of and putting on some shorter once that I have. It will only drop it an inch but that helps.

Can anyone tell me how much I can expect the Marlin USA springs to settle? Just curious so I can look forward to that part and also let the drive shaft people know. Anyway I hope to have her running sort of by the end of the weekend. I can't wait to pull out of the garage, oh yeah she will fit under the door:D We were worried for a little while.

One more question for guys with 36-37" tires, how high is your frame of the ground?

Thanks for all the help so far guys:cheers:

PS frame height right now is 26" about.

farnhamstj
04-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Congrats. What 37's you gonna run and are you/have you done gears yet? Bringing it to Moab? What did you do for steering? sorry if you've answered these in another thread, just point me in the right direction.

RockRunner
04-12-2007, 12:15 AM
No worries, I am running Goodyear MT's and the gearing is taken care of. Running a Marlin Ultimate set up with 5.29's in the pumpkins for a low 224 to 1 ratio. The plan is to break it in at CM this year, hope to run it a little before but we'll see. Steering is being handled by Marlin I did not get the six shooters just the standard 4 bolt Hi steer system.

I can't wait to see how those springs flex, just hope it does OK in the corners.

MDH33
04-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Good job. :thumb: It won't look so strange once you get your 37's on it. The ride will feel different, I'm sure, but not any more unstable than most lifted vehicles. Let us know what you plan for a shake-down run before Moab.:D

corsair23
04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Awesome Tom! Looking good :)

Red_Chili
04-12-2007, 01:23 PM
I've *heard*, but don't know, that the All-Pro/Marlin/TrailGear (all the same) springs will settle about 1-2". Not evenly either, so don't be alarmed if it is a little tilted for a while.

farnhamstj
04-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Definatly get it out before Moab, "The plan is to break it in at CM this year, hope to run it a little before but we'll see." Make time for it and give yourself a little time for adjustments. Totally sucks for the guy that breaks down before the run. My experiences at CM "almost" every trail, someones rig won't go into low, carb problems, overheating, cloged fuel filter, ect. Hate for that to be you, or me for that matter.

RockRunner
04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
I've *heard*, but don't know, that the All-Pro/Marlin/TrailGear (all the same) springs will settle about 1-2". Not evenly either, so don't be alarmed if it is a little tilted for a while.

Now how am I going to know if it is a little of when I am way of???:D

RockRunner
04-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Definatly get it out before Moab, "The plan is to break it in at CM this year, hope to run it a little before but we'll see." Make time for it and give yourself a little time for adjustments. Totally sucks for the guy that breaks down before the run. My experiences at CM "almost" every trail, someones rig won't go into low, carb problems, overheating, cloged fuel filter, ect. Hate for that to be you, or me for that matter.

I will be trying it out before the trip, that is why I am trying to hurry along. My plan is to use 3-4 bags of sand/cement in the back and passenger seat to add some weight to the springs.:hill: I will also be putting the shell back on and adding anything else that will bring the weight up and the springs down.
:thumb: