PDA

View Full Version : mike dryer

nuclearlemon
04-11-2007, 07:18 PM
some of the older guys know mike dryer. he's been like a dad to me, and helped me build my 40. i've learned a ton from him.

i just got a horrible email from him. he's been battling cancer and at thanksgiving, it was looking good. apparently, that was a false sign.

here's the email

The cancer has gone to my brain and my time is short. I still think clearly and have no pain. I would love to see you and talk for a while while i'm still here. I love you dearly and miss you.

LOVE: MIke

needless to say, i probably won't be around to work on the raffle rig this weekend, but i can leave a key for anyone that needs to.

Uncle Ben
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Ige,
I am so sorry! I do remember Mike. I never knew him well but I know he's a nice person and I also know you are close to him. I will put him in our prayers and wish him a peaceful time that he has left. This is truly horrible news and my heart goes out to everyone affected!

DaveInDenver
04-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Ige, so sorry to hear this. I believe I've met Mike. Does he live down in Englewood, lots of Cruiser stuff? So much bad health news lately, just gets me down. We'll be thinking of him.

nuclearlemon
04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
used to live across from swedish. he moved to grand junction for a couple of years and his son and i moved into the house. he moved back here, although in a different house (behind the park with the rocket ship tower thingy off belleview?) a few years ago. he's been in the englewood area his whole life. the first cruiser he built (early 70s) was still in the englewood area a couple of years ago.

wesintl
04-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Bummer to hear Ige... My thought are with them.

Shark Bait
04-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi Ige,

So sad. Please say hi to Mike for me and let him know he is in my thoughts.

Hulk
04-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Sorry to hear this, Ige. Our prayers are with Mike and his extended family, including you. We wish him as much time and as little suffering as possible.

corsair23
04-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Ige,

It is news like this that has a way of putting life in perspective. Makes everything else seem so insignificant. Getting to spend some last moments with him is a blessing I'm sure.

Uncle Ben
04-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Ige,
How was your visit? Need a Mike update!:(

nuclearlemon
04-15-2007, 08:54 PM
went well.. he's in good spirits and has accepted it. says he's not afraid to die. all his friends and family have been visiting so the house is packed non stop, which is most important to him. has also been doing a lot of fishing. we are planning on camping up by packard (terryall) next weekend.

i've been strong while there, but i broke down on the way home yesterday, and i do still have some crying bouts. just trying to keep it positive for him. all the kids have been over, along with grandkids which just tickles him. lots of great stories being passed around. here's a pic from today of him with kim and dean's 8mo old, lily (kim is who used to own subzali's rig, and dean has had quite a few cruisers himself).

Uncle Ben
04-15-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm very sorry Ig....I know how hard this is on ya! Feel free to call me tomorrow if ya just want someone to listen...I would be honored!

nuclearlemon
06-23-2007, 08:58 PM
haven't made it down to see him lately, but talked to kim today. he hasn't eaten in two weeks, and the meds have him all f'd up. everyone pretty much feels that he's given up.:(

he doesn't want to see any of us because he says we've already said goodbye and it's just uncomfortable silence. won't even get out of bed and has gone from flirting with the hospice nurses to getting pissed off at them.

this f'n blows!!!

treerootCO
06-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Just remember the good times and try not to focus on the bad.

Shark Bait
06-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Sorry to hear this, Ige. :(

nuclearlemon
06-24-2007, 07:12 PM
mike dryer passed away this evening. :( :(

subzali
06-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Pass my condolences on to Kim and her husband. Very sorry to hear that.

Crash
06-24-2007, 09:18 PM
mike dryer passed away this evening. :( :(

Peace be with him and those that suffered along with him. Smile when you think of him - it will help him as much as it helps you.

DaveInDenver
06-24-2007, 09:51 PM
mike dryer passed away this evening.
I'm sorry to hear that, Ige. We are thinking about you and the many other people he cared about throughout his life.

Uncle Ben
06-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Ige,
I am so sorry! Good memories will let him live forever in your heart. Take care lady! :(

Kipper
06-25-2007, 10:10 AM
so sorry to hear this iggy. as others have said, think about the good times and smile.

Inukshuk
06-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Ige, Sorry to hear.

Magoo
06-25-2007, 10:53 AM
this sux,
i hear everything to late.
sorry ige.

Hulk
06-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Sorry to hear it, Ige. His suffering is over, and you'll always have wonderful memories. Life is too short for us all. I didn't know him, but I'm glad I know you. Let me know if I can cheer you up with dinner and some drinks.

nuclearlemon
06-26-2007, 11:02 AM
thanks all for the support. this has not been a good week.