PDA

View Full Version : Forecast calls for 10-12 inches of snow

Romer
04-12-2007, 09:49 AM
I am ready for the snow to stop. This doesn't help in getting ready for Moab.

subzali
04-12-2007, 10:01 AM
which day? Sunny and clear doesn't make that look likely today, but then again it is Colorado. I agree that this is getting old.

Romer
04-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Rain starting tonight turning to snow overnight for a messy commute tommorow and clearing by late Friday.

Thats what 9news said a while ago. But it says 6-12 inches

timmbuck2
04-12-2007, 10:37 AM
wonder if we will get any FEAT calls...

Uncle Ben
04-12-2007, 10:40 AM
which day? Sunny and clear doesn't make that look likely today, but then again it is Colorado. I agree that this is getting old.

forecast calls for the fun to start at 2ish turning to snow by 4ish. 6-7" by morning commute and an additional 6-7" tomorrow. 50+'s on Saturday! Gotta love Colorado! I just put my Turfbuilder down....let it snow! :thumb: :cool: :D

Uncle Ben
04-12-2007, 10:41 AM
wonder if we will get any FEAT calls...

It will take a lot of snow to stack anything more than wet slop on the warm streets!

Red_Chili
04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
It will actually help me, I gotta tear my tcase apart. The dadgum stupid mechanic did a piss-poor job of sealing it last time, and put too much gear oil in it to boot!
In all fairness, I had some of the Redline Shockproof stuff in there, which doesn't completely drain unless that sucker is HOT. Leading to about 3/4 qt. too much total on the refill.
But I'm about to fire the guy if he doesn't make it right.

Romer
04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Good thing the leaves have not fully "bloomed?", at least in my hood. The snow will be heavy

Nay
04-12-2007, 11:06 AM
They are also saying another, maybe bigger storm Mon/Tue and possibly more in line :eek:

corsair23
04-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Dang and double dang! I need about a 6' longer garage and then I wouldn't care...Gets damn cold trying to work in the garage with the door up :(

Saturday isn't suppose to be too bad and Sunday even better so fingers are crossed. Bummer for the little ones though as soccer and rain/snow don't mix too well. Last couple games have been canceled as I imagine this Saturday's games will be.

Maddmatt
04-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Here it comes. Started at my office at 1:40 (Broomfield). I better run out and stock up on bottled water and toilet paper!

Romer
04-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Here it comes. Started at my office at 1:40 (Broomfield). I better run out and stock up on bottled water and toilet paper!

I think Tim would appreciate it this time if you went to the store to get your supplies. He had to use old newspapers in the bathroom last time:D

Uncle Ben
04-12-2007, 03:23 PM

Geeze....they sure missed this one! They said 2pm and it started here in louisville at 1:40ish too. :rolleyes: ;)

Maddmatt
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I think Tim would appreciate it this time if you went to the store to get your supplies. He had to use old newspapers in the bathroom last time:D

I wondered who paper mached my toilet bowl shut.

Now it's stopped, I don't know what to do. I guess after work I'll go to the Super Walmart and buy a bunch of supplies, but on the way I'll drive with my hazard flashers on, and make sure not to exceed 20mph. Then after it snows, I'll remember that 4wheel drive makes me invincible, and I'll drive around at 70mph and sue the city for not plowing fast enough when I broadside my neighbor's house. Or something like that.

RockRunner
04-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Now guys come on, I am as sickof the snow as the next guy but we are in the snowiest time of the year. I for one would love to work with the garage door open but...........the heater will have to do.

It started to snow/sleet around 11:30 here at LockHeed, I am at the Waterton plant and driving in from lunch you could see the cloud move right down the valley. It was a pretty awesome site, waited a little longer and Roxborough disappeared just like that.

Guess I better put a few more logs on the fire.

farnhamstj
04-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Vail is expecting a whoping 2" of snow. Looks like I will be working on my truck instead of skiing. What gives?

RockRunner
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Vail is expecting a whoping 2" of snow. Looks like I will be working on my truck instead of skiing. What gives?

Not feeling sorry for you.............:D OK maybe a little :rolleyes:

I wish it was 75* and I could work outside!!

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-12-2007, 08:19 PM
light flurries in castle rock
i'll believe it when i see it
can you really trust/believe our weather men/woman?

Uncle Ben
04-12-2007, 08:23 PM
light flurries in castle rock
i'll believe it when i see it
can you really trust/believe our weather men/woman?

Thats where I'm at! The plow is not on the truck and do I have any bets whether it will have to be mounted on the truck at all the next two days?

Red_Chili
04-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Put the plow on, UB. That way it's sure to not snow.

Uncle Ben
04-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Put the plow on, UB. That way it's sure to not snow.

We should make a snow spread. Buy in would be a buck. anyone game? Winner would collect in Moab.

subzali
04-12-2007, 09:52 PM
If I take my truck back home where I can't work on it then it'll warm up :rolleyes:

Anyone else noticed that it's been cooler all this week and this *happens* to be the week after I get it running again but still have bugs to work out? Oh and need I mention the four cold days and nights that *happened* to coincide with me having the opportunity to make it home and get it put back together? :rolleyes:

Everything is out to get me :(

Bighead
04-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Looks like most of the bad stuff may miss us in the Springs. Local news says the worst is staying south...we'll still catch some, just not as bad as expected. We do have a couple of inches here in Woodland left over from yesterday that is freezing up nicely for the wife's morning commute.

Man Jerk
04-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Looks like most of the bad stuff may miss us in the Springs. Local news says the worst is staying south...we'll still catch some, just not as bad as expected. We do have a couple of inches here in Woodland left over from yesterday that is freezing up nicely for the wife's morning commute.

x2. We actually had a few inches accumulated when I got home yesterday afternoon.

Not a thing this morning though. I swear most people must have elected to stay home for the storm today, cause there was no one on the roads.

I didn't really want the snow, but at the same time I was disappointed:rant: we didn't get it.

wesintl
04-13-2007, 10:12 AM
I didn't really want the snow, but at the same time I was disappointed:rant: we didn't get it.

I think that sums me up too.. :blah:

Rezarf
04-13-2007, 10:33 AM
I want to be a weatherman, it is the only job in the world where you can be wrong everyday of your career and still keep you job...

glad it missed us, hoping it didn't miss the watershed.

Drew

corsair23
04-13-2007, 12:25 PM
I found it funny that most stations kept stating that although this storm missed us the next one might not and supposedly it is expected to be worse...

Sort of the don't be mad that we got it wrong, be happy spiel with forewarning of something worse to come :)

But, for those of use that have lived in Colorado for any length of time this is just normal...

RockRunner
04-13-2007, 12:30 PM
How would you like to be one of the passengers that had his or her flight canceled yesterday. "We are being pro-active this time so we don't have angry passengers like we did during the last storm"

I would be so mad if iIwas on one of those flights, canceled for nothing and your trip ruined.

Red_Chili
04-13-2007, 02:25 PM
You can't win, trying to run an airline!

farnhamstj
04-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Vail got nothing, nada, zip, not even drizle. Paint still drying in the garage.

Rezarf
04-13-2007, 06:29 PM
blue skies and sunny in Louisville right now!

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-13-2007, 06:36 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :wav: