PDA

View Full Version : Victory!

corsair23
04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
That dang ARB tried to beat me but I just kept at it. Now with my VAST experience I bet I could install another identical setup in under 2 days :D

Life would be easier if I wasn't modding my DD rig and I could just start and stop whenever rather than having to make sure I get to a point where I can drive the thing each time. As usual it was the little things added WAY too much time: overthinking the fairlead, needing longer bolts, ARB's non idiot-proof directions, fubarred ring terminal on the winch positive cable, etc. etc.

But, here it is...Just had to say "I DID IT!!"

Some pics to document the glorious occassion. From start to finish:

corsair23
04-15-2007, 10:25 PM
More pics :thumb:.

Last item finished up today (not shown) was replacing the zip ties holding the control box with metal clamp/band doo-hickeys - technical term that the dude at Home Depot understood :hill:

RockRunner
04-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Looks very nice, it was worth the hard work. Also a very clean install, wish my stuff looked like that

Hulk
04-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Looks really nice. I need to get me a winch. Yours looks sweet!

farnhamstj
04-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Nice job!! Now it's time for Dual Battery Project. Funny how you're never actually done.

Uncle Ben
04-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Looks awesome! It looks like you decided to leave the fairlead low?

Romer
04-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Nice job.

hanging the ARB and driving the truck up to it is a good idea.

I had to lift it up and put it on myself. I installed the winch with the bumper on.

Now you just need to get dirty and do the front axle rebuild :D

wesintl
04-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Nice Job Jeff!.. You need to talk to the snackster about some arb bling.

I thought you had a couple of 40's to drive when the 80's are down :lmao:

corsair23
04-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Looks awesome! It looks like you decided to leave the fairlead low?

Yeah, for now anyway...If I ever learn to use taps and dies (I think those are the right terms :rolleyes:) then I might drill new holes and move it up a little...For now it works and doesn't look too bad. And, unless I was winching with the nose way up and the winch line going down I don't think the line will drag on the ARB opening.

corsair23
04-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Nice job.

hanging the ARB and driving the truck up to it is a good idea.

I had to lift it up and put it on myself. I installed the winch with the bumper on.

Now you just need to get dirty and do the front axle rebuild :D

Yeah, no way I was lifting the whole shibang into place without getting a hernia :eek:. The ARB alone is heavy enough. Did the same trick with the rear bumper. Most of my wrenching time is late at night after the family has gone to sleep so I have to be creative...and safe

Front axle rebuilds (both the LX and the 80) are on the schedule but luckily I'm enlisting the help of an expert on these :thumb:

corsair23
04-16-2007, 11:59 AM
I thought you had a couple of 40's to drive when the 80's are down :lmao:

Just the one but silly me took the front end all apart to get the bumper, winch, winch mount, etc off :D

And I still need to address the rear seat issue for the chitlins'