PDA

View Full Version : ok, besides me.......

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-23-2007, 12:09 AM
:( who's not going to MOAB?
prolly not many.

:weld: :weld: :weld:

Shark Bait
04-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Not me. Doc said no. Too dangerous. Gotta go easy on my new hip still. I was going to try and go Friday, but my family is urging me not to. I know Matt Lewis (GCMandrake) and Dave Brown (RedFox) aren't going either.

gwhipp
04-23-2007, 01:36 AM
I won't be able to make it. I have to take finals for school. Booo

Count me in for next year!

CardinalFJ60
04-23-2007, 07:14 AM
because the little one went though about 5months of continued illnesses - I used up my vacation time. :( Oh well...priorities....

Maddmatt
04-23-2007, 08:33 AM
I'll be here, too hard to justify a week in the desert, when I just got back from a week in the desert....

Cardinal, maybe we should have a little Louisville OLI not at Moab dad's night out?

Red_Chili
04-23-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm not going to CM, although I will be in Moab that weekend. Should be pulling into town Saturday afternoon. Doing a little bike ride from Fruita down to Moab, Steve Rudy will know what I'm talking about. Bikerpelli!
I did motopelli on the XR650R a month ago. What a great ride! The LaSals were snowed in at that time so we bailed after Rose Garden. On a bike, all I got to say is, I'm jealous of your knees!

I think Justin and I might take the LaSal route beyond Rose Garden as a back way to the campground, 4/27-29, look for us.

timmbuck2
04-23-2007, 09:32 AM
nope for me. Count me in for next year!!!

T

ginericLC
04-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm not going either and looking at next year's schedule I probably won't be able to go either. I'm a teacher in Idaho and our contract forbids us from taking off any days the last 4 weeks of school. With us starting school earlier this year and next, CM falls in the last 4 weeks. And next year I will have been here 10 years so I get a whopping 5 personal days next year. What I would be interested in seeing is when you guys do the prerun in March and if that lines up with our spring break. Unless of course we really do move, then all bets are off.

FJBen
04-23-2007, 09:39 AM
I"m lame...staying at home...vacation this year will be visiting my dad in texas...

leiniesred
04-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Go Dave! This time, maybe I can visit YOU at your final campsite!

It is a fun ride for the most part. I'd do it again! The singletrack at the beginning is peak fun. I can't believe some of the ledges I rode down and edges I rode along. (I should have walked it!)

Also, day 1 is a lot of hike-a-bike, but oh well. It is just too steep, too loose, to long, too rocky, too sandy, to ride.

Day 2 is big miles. After lunch is more fun than before lunch, but I have to say that I enjoyed the 2 track flat parts too. Riding across Dewey Bridge in the lightning was GREAT!

Day 3 is big hills. Grinding uphill all morning, then a 45+ mph downhill on pavement to lunch. WOO HOO! We also stopped at the top to see the dinosaur tracks. Grinding up the pavement to the top of porcupine rim after lunch was bru-tal on me. I drank about 75oz of water, got to the top and was unable to pee. Fortunately, it is downhill all the way to Moab from there. (I didn't do porucpine, I just took sand flats.

By this time, I was pretty thristy and had 5 beers before you saw me. hehe. :) Bike Tag (drunk) is my new favorite game. I lost my beer in my bottle holder in the second match, but managed to win the very last round.

I did the trip on my 1998 hardtail living-x bike. There were not too many hardtails on our trip. all bikes had at least front shocks. (I had 80mm of travel on period correct carbon legged FSR shocks, with englund air cartridges in place of the typically leaky dampers/springs.

I had 0 mechanical problems. I ran Stan's no-tubes and WTB velociraptor tires. No flats.

The best part is that bombing sand flats road, I nailed a rock of some kind. I felt the entire frame twinge. I think I cracked the frame at that point because the next week, I went to ride to work and the frame snapped in half on a tiny bump. That was the end of the bike. I sold it complete to a guy who wanted all the parts for his vintage Yeti 575 project.

As far as knees go, Chili. I took a lot of Advil. 1 guy who does the ride every year has an artificial knee. I chewed some mormon tea on day 2, but only got neon green spit. No ephedera rush. Ran into some doctors riding with advil on up to morphine in their packs!

Enjoy it. :)

Rezarf
04-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I am hanging back this year too. Bummed, but between Hawaii and Australia, I can't complain... just don't have any more time to take off...

I dig the idea of the first "We aren't In Moab Party."... WIMPs :D

Drew

Maddmatt
04-23-2007, 04:40 PM
I am hanging back this year too. Bummed, but between Hawaii and Australia, I can't complain... just don't have any more time to take off...

I dig the idea of the first "We aren't In Moab Party."... WIMPs :D

Drew

Are you back from Hawaii, or just taking time off from the sun? I would be up for a little localized Louisville WIMP party.

CardinalFJ60
04-23-2007, 05:21 PM
OLI sounds great...the "Louisville Dry-Pavement run" should be quite the challenge - just keep it in 2wd and unlock the hubs, you'll be just fine.

Rezarf
04-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Back from Hawaii!

Lets do it. A bar-b-que... we could set up a screen and laptop and do a "live from Moab slide show."

Drew

CardinalFJ60
04-23-2007, 05:48 PM
So...I work for a web/audio conf. company. We could totally get someone in Moab to do a live report complete with narrative and pics uploaded from that day's adventures....record it, post it, re-live it...or live it. ;-)

lfd270ben
04-23-2007, 09:14 PM
I cant make it either my front axle is still out of commission I guess Ill stay home and just weld all the metal tech stuff I have on. let me know if theres a party drew

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Back from Hawaii!

Lets do it. A bar-b-que... we could set up a screen and laptop and do a "live from Moab slide show."

Drew

let me know when and where, i'll see what i can do to get up that way. :thumb:

nakman
04-23-2007, 11:46 PM
So...I work for a web/audio conf. company. We could totally get someone in Moab to do a live report complete with narrative and pics uploaded from that day's adventures....record it, post it, re-live it...or live it. ;-)

shawn, PM me. We're supposed to have high speed the whole time, could we do video? I have no idea how to get that stuff working though, even though my laptop has a camera at the top of the screen, I've never even tried to use it. Maybe UB knows, he's got the same one. But man, how fun... gives Live from Cruise Moab a whole new meeting. let's web conference this thing..

Rezarf
04-24-2007, 01:43 AM
I would be up for something perhaps Friday night of CM07... Bring whatever to throw on the grill and we'll sit around a PC and wish we were there.

My place is small but available, I can take care of all but the meat on the grill.

Whadda' think...

Drew

CardinalFJ60
04-24-2007, 03:37 AM
...I think I'm IN!!! I'm happy to bring grillables....Need to check with the :Princess: to see when the in-laws are leaving town. THe little guy is turning 1YO this week. wow...1 year. they are descending upon the Cardinal household on Wednesday. I'll keep ya' posted.:cheers:

Maddmatt
04-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Figures you guys would pick the one day during Cruise Moab when I'm already scheduled. Your friends only turn 40 once, right? Somebody have a Bass for me.

CardinalFJ60
04-24-2007, 12:23 PM
I'll call this, "the keep it in the family post"

Maddmatt - If I get my evening pass, I'll have one for ya. :thumb:

Nakman - I sent a link to ya' on email and PM here...but here's a sample of what you could do...(kinda tech, kinda chit chat)

Click this:

https://cc.readytalk.com/play?id=s5jo9ou6

DevinSixtySeven
04-25-2007, 03:07 PM
WIMPs, lol!

Unless a miracle occurs I'll be reinstalling (shiny new rebuilt) coilovers that weekend rather than partaking of any dirt. I'm in Westminster BTW...

Maybe a good time to meet some of you guys? (since I've only met three or four of you)

-Sean

Shark Bait
04-25-2007, 03:25 PM
I'd be up for a south side get-together Friday night. I could even host it. My neighbor is having a Kentucky Derby party on Saturday, so I can't do it then. :p:

Man Jerk
04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
I ain't goin nowhere :(

JadeRunner
04-25-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm out again this year. Have fun.

Rezarf
04-25-2007, 11:32 PM
:D I am gonna post up in the trip planning event section and see if we can get any steam behind this...:cheers: :eek:

Drew

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
i'm out cause it looks like i'm going with some junk to pimp :D

calphi27
04-27-2007, 01:07 PM
My sister is graduating that weekend so I'm out. I will be out next year!

Rezarf
04-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Just thought I would revamp this thread. We are having a WIMP's (We aint In Moab Party) this friday at mine and Stacy's house... feel free to come.

Details are in the event planning forum.

Come on out, you know you want to! :D

Drew