PDA

View Full Version : Aloha! a few pics from Hawaii

Rezarf
04-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Howdy everyone-

Stacy and I returned from our week long trip to the big island yesterday and all I can say is WOW!

What a great place! We saw so much amazing stuff, but here are just a few pics to give you an idea of the island.

We knocked out:
A trip to Volcano National Park... amazing!
Snorkeling Coral reefs and lava rocks.
A rain forrest hike with a hired guide, with swimming in a waterfall pool.
Whale watching... saw dozens of Pilot whales.
4 wheeled a lava rock trail to a secluded beach to surf.. boogie board :mad:
Drove to the top of the Tallest volcano at just under 14,000 ft... air temp was 32 degrees.
A tour through Hawaii's botanical gardens in Hilo.
Went to a luau (sp) with lots of dancing.
Sat on the beaches
Visited a black sand beach.
And sat by the pool!

AHHHHH, what a great time!

wesintl
04-23-2007, 07:38 PM
lucky dog... Enjoy some good kona and bring some back too :)

Shark Bait
04-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Wow! Looks like an awesome time Drew. :thumb: :cheers:

subzali
04-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah baby! Definitely can't wait to make it down there!

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-23-2007, 10:17 PM
i see a little drew coming in about ooooooooooooo 8-9 months :D

bh4rnnr
04-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Sounds like you guys had a good time:cool: . More pics!! I love Kona:beer:

Rezarf
04-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Perry-

We went after your green sand beach but after seeing the 10 mile round trip hike, we decided the drive up black beach was a better bet for our time.

Wes, I enjoyed two cups this morning... AHHH! We got back yesterday and I am already rationing the rest of the good stuff.

To the rest of you guys Chris, Matt, and Jim... IT WAS AWESOME!

I loved Hawaii and Australia, and even though Australia has so much more to see, I would be tempted to go back to Hawaii first. :eek: :D

I will post up a few more pics.

Drew

Rezarf
04-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Here are a few more pics. Is there a way to do a mass resizing anywhere?

First one is of me and a friend (highly protected we found out after the pic) on a black sand beach.

Second, Pilot whales spotted offshore, all in all their it had to be a pod of 30+ whales... it was amazing!

Third is my lovely beside my lunch time swimming hole in the rainforrest outside of wiamea.

Rezarf
04-24-2007, 12:53 AM
#1 Lava Tube hike at Volcano NP, Stacy and her folks.:p:

#2 Shadow of Mt. MaunaKea (13K+ ft.) on the clouds below at (7K ft.) at sunset. Wild part is I snorkeled that morning at sea level (obviously) and it was freezing on top of the mountain. :thumb:

#3 A road covered by Lava... they just build new ones.:eek:

#4 Volcano with thermal vents letting off steam all around us...

corsair23
04-24-2007, 02:57 AM
Here are a few more pics. Is there a way to do a mass resizing anywhere?

Drew, first of all AWESOME pics :thumb:

On picture resizing, I saw this Microsoft utility mentioned on IH8MUD some time ago:

Image Resizer (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)

It is towards the bottom. Lets you right click on pictures to resize them and supposedly allows you to resize multiple pics at the same time. I haven't tried it but sounds like just the utility to have when you are trying to resize more than just a couple pics. :cheers:

Hulk
04-24-2007, 03:01 AM
Great pics! You guys are on one long honeymoon!

Rezarf
04-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Great pics! You guys are on one long honeymoon!

Yup! and in more ways than just travel :p: ;) :D

Ron Helmuth
04-24-2007, 05:02 PM
great pictures for a dreary day here in Colorado

thanks for sharing. Infinitely jealous.

farnhamstj
04-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Great looking holliday. It's been snowing here all day.

bh4rnnr
04-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Great pics Drew! We stopped at that same black sand beach on the way beck from Valcano. Water was a little rough for swimming that day though.... What resort did you guys stay at? Also did you get to the great beach just north of the airport? Think we went there almost everyday:cool: :beer:

Rezarf
04-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Perry, we stayed at Kona Coast resort, it was a great resort with great things to do.

Yes, the beach we went to was Maklawiana... sounds like the song "Macarena." We took the lava rock offroad trail to it and swam and boogie boarded there all day. Sweet spot!

Drew

bh4rnnr
04-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Drew, was wondering where you got your info on for Mohana Bay(southern most point in the U.S)? As the hike is only 2.5 miles to the beach from the parking lot(and you pass by a killer camp site). Glad you guys had a good time.

Rezarf
04-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Maybe 5 miles round trip is what they read, either way it scared a few in our group away. Great pic! Are those people in the water?

Drew