PDA

View Full Version : World's safest table saw - awesome!

Hulk
04-24-2007, 09:36 PM
This thing is incredible. No more old guys with missing fingers.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/98963/Safety_Saw.html

This is not a joke -- it's a cool invention!

60wag
04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Wow. Nice demonstration.

Uncle Ben
04-25-2007, 12:04 AM
That is amazing! :eek:

Shark Bait
04-25-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure I'd stick MY wiener in there. :lmao: :lmao:

Uncle Ben
04-25-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure I'd stick MY wiener in there. :lmao: :lmao:

Thats funny as I wouldn't have any problem sticking your wiener in there! :eek: :lmao: :lmao: ;)

Shark Bait
04-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Thats funny as I wouldn't have any problem sticking your wiener in there!

That's just 'cause you can't find yours. :eek: :lmao: :lmao:

Hants
04-25-2007, 08:53 AM
That invention/video has been around for a while in the woodworking circles.

The inventor (and his lawyers) tried to get manufacturers to license his patents. When noone bit, he tried to get legislation passed to require them to use it.

RockRunner
04-25-2007, 08:55 AM
I could use that, way to many times that I have nicked the blade.

I wish someone would make it.

Uncle Ben
04-25-2007, 09:54 AM
That's just 'cause you can't find yours. :eek: :lmao: :lmao:

Yup....already been cut off! Thats why I ask permission now vrs ask for forgiveness later. Not easy being married to Lori Bobbitt! :eek: :bowdown: :Princess: :homer:

farnhamstj
04-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Wow great idea. My grandfather was the headmaster of a school and had to fill in one day for the shop teacher. Took his pinky finger off at the 1st knuckle in front of the students with a band saw.

Inukshuk
04-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Just sent this to a friend who lost the ends of three fingers a few years back!

RockRunner
04-25-2007, 03:27 PM

I am sure he is wishing that saw came out years ago. I had a woodworking mentor that lost his thumb and part of his hand because his sleeve got caught. Thought me real quick to never wear loose sleeves or jewelry around rotating equipment.

Uncle Ben
04-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Hmmmm....seems like closing the gate after the horses ran away....:rolleyes: ;)

Bobzooki
04-26-2007, 10:26 AM
I bet it trashes the blade, when it deploys that brake, but that's a heck of a lot cheaper than a trip to the emergency room! I was wondering how they were going to demo the product in action. If the guy really believed in it, he would do it with his hand.

timmbuck2
04-26-2007, 10:27 AM
I bet it trashes the blade, when it deploys that brake, but that's a heck of a lot cheaper than a trip to the emergency room! I was wondering how they were going to demo the product in action. If the guy really believed in it, he would do it with his hand.

I believe it actually trashes everything...motor, etc. Well worth the price to save the digits...

T

Uncle Ben
04-26-2007, 10:37 AM

Not just the saw blade but it appears the aluminum brake shoe is a 1 time use also. I thought the same thing why use Oscar Meyer to sell it when your own finger would make a much stronger statement! :eek:

stagecoachco
04-26-2007, 09:28 PM
I actually have one of these saws. If it trips it will ruin the blade. Also the brake cartridge is a one time use, but it only costs $60 and it can be changed in about 30 seconds (I know because I have to change cartridges when I switch to a dado blade). It is very cool knowing that the feature is there when using the saw. The best part is that the saw is VERY well made. It was nice not having to choose between a quality saw and a saw with the brake. Kind of like having your cake and eating too. :thumb:

P.S. If anyone wants to test it out with THIER finger, come on up to Steamboat (I'll even pay for the new brake cartridge :) )

Shark Bait
04-26-2007, 10:01 PM
P.S. If anyone wants to test it out with THIER finger, come on up to Steamboat (I'll even pay for the new brake cartridge :) )

Kevin will bring his little wiener, I'll bet :lmao: :lmao:

Uncle Ben
04-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Kevin will bring his little wiener, I'll bet :lmao: :lmao:

I'm not possessive Chris! You can be everyones little weiner! :p: