PDA

View Full Version : Co filled on north side of denver

powderpig
04-25-2007, 07:44 AM
I am looking to find a place up near louisville or boulder area to fill my CO tank. It has been a while since I have filled it and last time it was filled in the heart of denver area. I have a powder coated tank, so it will need to be filled and returned to me, instead of just picking up a different tank. Thanks in advance for any help, later robbie

Beater
04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I can only help in downtown.. sorry. denver fire and safety on stout.

CardinalFJ60
04-25-2007, 01:05 PM
But when I called, they were quite expensive - I wanna say it was like $30 or something.

As I'm sure you know, they are on East Arapahoe...

DevinSixtySeven
04-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Christo charges a hair under $1.50/# including tax, Slee Offroad is just to the north side of Golden on HW93. $22-ish for a 15#er. Not quite the 80c/# I used to pay in the industrial Midwest but it's closer than Combat City and central Denver if you're on the Northwest side. Open til 6pm, I think...Saturday by appt only.

-Sean

Uncle Ben
04-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Christo charges a hair under $1.50/# including tax, Slee Offroad is just to the north side of Golden on HW93. $22-ish for a 15#er. Not quite the 80c/# I used to pay in the industrial Midwest but it's closer than Combat City and central Denver if you're on the Northwest side. Open til 6pm, I think...Saturday by appt only.

-Sean

:eek: :brick: :bolt: :hill:

nakman
04-25-2007, 03:11 PM
:eek: :brick: :bolt: :hill:
:lmao: ;)

But one of my reasons for dropping the whole CO2 thing was this very reason... 3 days before a big trip and the last thing I need is another freakin' errand to run. Especially a drive to Golden, or Denver, etc. it's bad enough just making it over to Costco in Superior.. in fact I'll likely be bringing an empty CO2 bottle to Moab, since I probably won't have time to unbolt it.

DevinSixtySeven
04-25-2007, 05:41 PM
:eek: :brick: :bolt: :hill:lmao!

Yeah that was my reaction too...I was so used to filling that bottle for about twelve bucks. :rant:

But...it's that or make a special trip during work, since that fire extinguisher place west of I25 only fills til 1630 M-F...I didn't even bother asking the price, the place is nowhere near me. Even if it were 12 bucks, it'd take at least an hour to fight my way down and back from Boulder...not worth the ten bones difference, and that's assuming they're cheap!

The welding supply shops in/around Boulder all send tanks to Commerce City, swap only, 1-2 day turnaround.

Freakin' suburbia...:rant:

-Sean

powderpig
04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Kevin your funny and Sean you do not know the history. But thanks for the thoughts on the CO. I forgot about a place where you brew your own beer. I will have to look and see if they are still in bussiness in Boulder. Thanks Robbie

Romer
04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Robbie, the place I go services Fire Extenguishers. Did you try that in the yellow pages?

Uncle Ben
04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Kevin your funny and Sean you do not know the history. But thanks for the thoughts on the CO. I forgot about a place where you brew your own beer. I will have to look and see if they are still in bussiness in Boulder. Thanks Robbie

Robbie,
What's Brewin' (http://www.whatsbrewing.biz/index.html) in Boulder moved into a bigger place.

powderpig
04-26-2007, 06:26 AM
Over behind jerry and the dealership. Close enough. robie

Bobzooki
04-26-2007, 09:21 AM
So I had to read this twice to figure out why the heck you guys are using CARBON MONOXIDE (CO)... Then I had an Aha!, and figured out you're really talking about CO2 (Carbon Dioxide).

:rolleyes:

CardinalFJ60
04-26-2007, 02:16 PM
sooo.....sleeeeepppy.....must.....close eyes.....

powderpig
04-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Must be Old age setting in, I'm forgeting numbers. robbie