PDA

View Full Version : Caravans

MDH33
04-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm heading out to Moab early early Wednesday morning. I was wondering if anyone else in a slow vehicle is going to be driving that way at the same time and would want to caravan.

:thumb:

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
04-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I will be driving my 40 out. Going slow. I was going to leave somewhere around 6am Wednesday.

Romer
04-27-2007, 01:08 PM
I think wes is leaving Sunday in his BJ70, you may catch up to him :D

corsair23
04-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Hopefully leaving Monday around 9 or 10am pulling the popup with the LX. I have a feeling it may be slow so you might even catch up with me :)

If for some reason we get delayed even more and don't leave till Wednesday I'll let you know. I don't mind going slow if you don't mind stopping for potty breaks :hill:

I prefer to travel with a small group than alone for safety reasons :thumb:

Romer
04-27-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't mind going slow if you don't mind stopping for potty breaks :hill:

You can always tell the folks with kids. You'll unlearn that word when you turn to your teenager and ask her if she needs to go "potty":eek:

ScaldedDog
04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
We'll be leaving from Littleton around 6AM Wednesday. I'm towing, so I can do 60-65mph or so up the big hills, and 75mph west of Glenwood. I'll be on CB19, or PM me for my cell number.

Mark

Myredyota
04-27-2007, 02:14 PM
I was hoping to leave earlier Wednesday morning. 70mph and under for me. I can probably make it to Fruita before I need gas, but my bladder won't make it that long!!!:hill:

farnhamstj
04-27-2007, 02:28 PM
If anyone has problems near Vail feel free to call me. 970-foursevenO-1102. I'm leaving tuesday 11am Vail to DIA then back to Moab. But I'll be here all weekend. It's all downhill from Vail Pass to Rabbit Valley.

Inukshuk
04-27-2007, 02:31 PM
My plan is to leave Tuesday afternoon, but if that gets fouled, Wednesday AM. I'll be doing about 90-95 MPH (nice to have an 80 ..... but so many of us have 80's now that no one gives us a hard time anymore. Now back in the old days when I was one of the first built 80's....)

Inukshuk
04-27-2007, 02:33 PM
If anyone has problems near Vail feel free to call me. 970-foursevenO-1102. I'm leaving tuesday 11am Vail to DIA then back to Moab. But I'll be here all weekend. It's all downhill from Vail Pass to Rabbit Valley.

PM me if you want to see if it would work for your DIA guest to cab/bus it to downtown Denver for a ride up to Vail. I'll have plenty of room and it wil give more incentive to leave that day!

MDH33
04-27-2007, 02:33 PM

:D we can follow the smoke trail.

I prefer to travel with a small group than alone for safety reasons :thumb:

Same with me, I trust my old cruisers, but it's always good to have a safety net.

Sounds like several of us are going early Wednesday. My 40 tops out at about 60-65 and is a fuel hog with no spare tank, so I'm stopping often.. Maybe we could determine a rondezvous point and a time and head out. I would like to get into Moab at a reasonable hour to allow for time for registration/inspection/meetings/ hanging out.

Is everyone coming from the Denver area and heading up 70? If so, maybe we could meet up at the Downieville burger king off 70 at 6am and go from there?

Three Wheel Ben
04-27-2007, 02:40 PM

Won't be any mosquito's if your close enough.:lmao: :lmao:

corsair23
04-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Is everyone coming from the Denver area and heading up 70? If so, maybe we could meet up at the Downieville burger king off 70 at 6am and go from there?

:lmao: 6am? Not with my kids unless they go to bed in the LX the night before :hill:

But I might be able to catch up with you. I plan to take I70 the whole way (well till 191 anyway) so if we don't leave till Wednesday we'll keep an eye out for folks :thumb:

90 Weight
04-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Are any of you guys that are leaving on wed morning driving through the Durango/Cortez area on the way? I am planning on leaving sometime wed morning from Durango, if anyone wants to caravan up to Moab.

wesintl
04-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Sunday or monday REAL early. I'm going down to montecello or blanding and heading into dark canyon, beef basin, ehill, and up lockhart basin solo if anyone wants to join. Be at slickrock wed sometime.

btw.. I'll pass you again when you stop for gas :D

Beater
04-27-2007, 04:19 PM
I am probably leaving Tuesday afternoon... if not, 7ish on Wednesday..

Hants
04-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Our *plan* is to leave around 9am on Sunday. If we are delayed too much, we'll leave on Monday instead.

We'll be on CB4. :)

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
04-27-2007, 04:50 PM
:

6am in Downieville works for me.

bh4rnnr
04-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Sunday or monday REAL early. I'm going down to montecello or blanding and heading into dark canyon, beef basin, ehill, and up lockhart basin solo if anyone wants to join. Be at slickrock wed sometime.

btw.. I'll pass you again when you stop for gas :D

Jerk, be sure and take lots of pics!!! So want to explore that area:beer: :beer:

treerootCO
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
My dad and I will be heading out Sunday if everything works out. CB channel 4 if I stop playing on the internets and go install the CB in the GMC :)

wesintl
04-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Jerk, be sure and take lots of pics!!! So want to explore that area:beer: :beer:

well, come along..

bh4rnnr
04-28-2007, 07:57 AM
well, come along..

Thanks for the offer, but have already told Tim I will ride out with him. I will be out there soon enough:)

subzali
04-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Wednesday afternoon here, have graduation practice at 4pm :rant: CB4 and maybe at my lightning fast 70-75 mph (oh yeah my 40 can do it!) I *might* catch up to some of yous, or at the very least arrive in Moab while it's still Wednesday.

Rock Dog
04-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Wes,
I have to wait for the Hotel Rock overnight Permit to show up on Monday about 10:30.... I used to wheel and camp in Dark Canyon and Beef basin back in the early 90's (with 2 jeeps).. there are some AWSOME Anasazi Ruins there.
look real careful because the good ones can be hard to see, and blen in well (i guess that why they are still there).

If i would have known sooner i would have headed out there with ya... The trail going to E-hill from there had 1 tricky spot (again back in 95), but your rig will have no problem. There are also some trails down there that can give you some interesting pin stripes because of the overgrown brush.

Perry we can plan a trip out there this fall. it's been a few years but i think i could remember where some of those really cool ruins are if you are up for a bit of hiking...

MDH33
04-29-2007, 09:00 AM
So it's just me and Extr3m3 for Wednesday morning so far. Two 40 are better than one any day. :)

Wish I had been able to pull off those extra days Wes. I really wanted to check out that area. Have fun!

RockRunner
04-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Wednesday morning for Jay and I, I think we are planning on leaving around 4am. Will be towing also so 60 uphill and 75 down unlass I do not care about the MPG. No CB in the DD but I will have the cell and FSR radios, chanel 7.

Myredyota
04-29-2007, 01:30 PM
4 am sounds more my speed! Maybe we could meet at the top of Lookout (wildlife viewing area)? How fast are you going to cruise across the flat areas?:thumb:

MDH33
04-29-2007, 06:34 PM
So it sounds like a bunch of us are heading out pretty close to the same time:

Myredyota
RockRunner
Scaldeddog
Extr3m3
and Myself

We should try to decide on a time and place. I'm cool with 4 - 6 am, lets pick a spot.

We might have Corsair23 and Subzali rolling in late, or bringing up the rear if we are slower than expected. :D

Hants
04-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Anyone heading out Monday morning? We didn't make it today... :(

corsair23
04-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Anyone heading out Monday morning? We didn't make it today... :(

Looks like Monday afternoon for us now :(

The plug from the popup coming up about 6" short put a damper in 'da plans :mad:. Got extra length spliced in now but the running lights on the trailer aren't working :confused:. Blinkers work, brake lights work, but no running lights. I'm a bit puzzled but oh well. This means no early/late driving for me with the trailer.

Our new plan is to leave late afternoon, stay in Grand Junction, and arrive in Moab midday Tuesday now.

ScaldedDog
04-29-2007, 10:39 PM
So it sounds like a bunch of us are heading out pretty close to the same time:

Myredyota
RockRunner
Scaldeddog
Extr3m3
and Myself

We should try to decide on a time and place. I'm cool with 4 - 6 am, lets pick a spot.

We might have Corsair23 and Subzali rolling in late, or bringing up the rear if we are slower than expected. :D

We're planning to leave the Starbucks at Ken Caryl and C470 at 6AM, though I think we could be talked into a bit earlier. Black Excursion with a silver 4Runner on the trailer. CB19, till we hook up with someone.

Mark

RockRunner
04-30-2007, 12:09 AM
4 am sounds more my speed! Maybe we could meet at the top of Lookout (wildlife viewing area)? How fast are you going to cruise across the flat areas?:thumb:

Not really sure, this is the first time towing the 4runner on a trailer so we'll see. I would imagine 70 should be OK, not to slow but not burning to much gas either. With gas prices going up I just added another C note to the cost.

I will be driving a dark gray GMC with a tanish 4runner on a trailer.

RockRunner
04-30-2007, 12:13 AM
We're planning to leave the Starbucks at Ken Caryl and C470 at 6AM, though I think we could be talked into a bit earlier. Black Excursion with a silver 4Runner on the trailer. CB19, till we hook up with someone.

Mark

Mark, we are up for earlier. Want to leave the house around 4 so we can be at C4 and I70 around 5 am. We don't have a cb in the tow truck but will have the FSR radios on channel 7. I drive a dark gray GMC crew cab with a tanish 4runner on a brwon trailer.

Not sure of my speed but I should do OK.

MDH33
04-30-2007, 08:21 AM
So it sounds like those of you towing will beheading up I-70 by 5am or so.

If Extr3m3 and I meet in Downieville around 5am, you'll likely catch up to us. I'll be on CB 4 in a green FJ40 with a black top.

:thumb: :beer:

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
04-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Downeville/ FUEL @ 5am. See you there.

Hants
04-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Looks like Monday afternoon for us now :(

The plug from the popup coming up about 6" short put a damper in 'da plans :mad:. Got extra length spliced in now but the running lights on the trailer aren't working :confused:. Blinkers work, brake lights work, but no running lights. I'm a bit puzzled but oh well. This means no early/late driving for me with the trailer.

Our new plan is to leave late afternoon, stay in Grand Junction, and arrive in Moab midday Tuesday now.

Bummer. No technical excuses here... just family stuff. :rolleyes:

Doing the final packing now. Sounds like we'll be a few hours ahead of you. We're planning to get to Moab by this evening. :D

Rzeppa
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
My plan is to head out mid-morning Tuesday, hopefully get on to I-70 at the El-Rancho interchange around 10-11:00 AM or so. Stop for lunch and fuel in Glennwood around 1-2:00PM or so, and roll in to Slickrock around 5:00PM or so.

Inukshuk
04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
I plan to leave Denver around noon or 1PM Tuesday.

Myredyota
04-30-2007, 11:27 PM
So it sounds like those of you towing will beheading up I-70 by 5am or so.

If Extr3m3 and I meet in Downieville around 5am, you'll likely catch up to us. I'll be on CB 4 in a green FJ40 with a black top.

:thumb: :beer:

Where in Downieville? I know, "What's in Downieville?" 5AM sounds good for me. I will just need to get some ice and go pee!

Beater
05-01-2007, 07:13 AM
leaving tonight around 5pm from dcd (denver city denver) channel 19

MDH33
05-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Where in Downieville? I know, "What's in Downieville?" 5AM sounds good for me. I will just need to get some ice and go pee!

Burger King Parking lot just across the way from the gas station. See you there. :thumb:

Myredyota
05-01-2007, 08:33 AM
You got it! And I am supposed to concentrate on work today!:lmao: I will be in, you guessed it, Myredyota!

11thcavdrt
05-01-2007, 12:42 PM
I had planned on leaving wed m orning btw 8 and 10,but know i find out laast
note. both ball joints on the drivers side of my 96 tacoma need to be replaced
asap, so i wont be leaving until sometime wed afternoon! 4whl parts is going
to replace them wed morning, any body else leaving wed. afternoon that
might wnat to caravan? let me know asap,thxs.!

MDH33
05-01-2007, 01:06 PM
I had planned on leaving wed m orning btw 8 and 10,but know i find out laast
note. both ball joints on the drivers side of my 96 tacoma need to be replaced
asap, so i wont be leaving until sometime wed afternoon! 4whl parts is going
to replace them wed morning, any body else leaving wed. afternoon that
might wnat to caravan? let me know asap,thxs.!

If you're leaving Wed. afternoon you'll probably catch up to us if you're driving your Taco. :D

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
05-01-2007, 03:10 PM
If you're leaving Wed. afternoon you'll probably catch up to us if you're driving your Taco. :D

x2 :D

leiniesred
05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Lin and I will be in my red 4runner with a soft-top. We are leaving about 0900 from Aurora on Wednesday morning. I cruise at about 70. We'll keep an eye out for people needing help.

ScaldedDog
05-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Our final plan is to be wheels up from Littleton at 6AM, with a hoped for arrival around noon. Afternoon plans include lunch, inspection, and a warm-up run to...? BFE?

Mark

RockRunner
05-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Our final plan is to be wheels up from Littleton at 6AM, with a hoped for arrival around noon. Afternoon plans include lunch, inspection, and a warm-up run to...? BFE?

Mark

Mark, still leaving at 4 am. I know crazy but I figure it is easier to drive early on with less traffic. I too am planning a warm up run, uncle Ben is heading one up also the reason for the earlier departure. If you make it on time try to join us or I may be to late so I will join you, either way we'll see you there.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
05-01-2007, 11:12 PM
ibcrusn from kansas and i will be leaving castle rock hopefully by 8:30 am

we'll be in a 80 towing a trailer.

kansas plates of course :D

RockRunner
05-02-2007, 12:30 AM
12:27 am right now, want to leave at 4:00 am.............let's see 4 minus 12 plus aw hell I am getting about three hours of sleep. See ya'll at the side of the road..........................Napping LOL, I love this sh!t.

11thcavdrt
05-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Martin: got the ball joint fixed today, so i should or hopefully be leaving
some where btw 9 - 10 AM! are u and anybody leaving around the that same
time that we can meet to caravan ? or i would assume with alot of the club
leaving tomorrow, we'll be seeing each other!, let me know!, thxs.!