PDA

View Full Version : Hey - I'm on TV

Maddmatt
05-04-2007, 03:29 PM
OK, since it's Friday and all the cool kids are in Moab, and all of the 2nd level cool kids will be at Drew's house tonight:beer: :beer: , and I can't go to either, here I am on TV this morning. Keep you expanding gut and thinning hair comments to yourselves please.... http://tinyurl.com/3yy3rp

-Matt

Shark Bait
05-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Real nice, Matt. Might help you sell one or two. :grinpimp:

Jacket
05-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Very cool:thumb: Those are some beefy rigs there.

corsair23
05-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Saw one in Moab....Truly spectacular rig :)

nakman
05-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Sweet! Nice job with the interview, well done!

wesintl
05-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Nice clip! Those ER's are badass. I don't think you can truely appreciate what they really are til you are inside one.

Maddmatt
05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks guys. It was actually pretty fun. Both Ken and Josh (the camera guy) couldn't be nicer guys. Josh wheels a Land Rover, and both guys were obviously interested so it made it easy to talk with them. I was amazed about how long (read: hours) filming a simple 3 minute thing like that can take.

Hulk
05-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Vince Farace and his wife had a really nice Earth Roamer in Moab. He was on both of the runs that I led, on Thursday and Saturday. He used the Roamer to pull his beautiful khaki 1983 FJ40. I got to explore a bit inside the Roamer, and it's really neat -- every detail has been done right.

Maddmatt
05-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Vince is a good guy, he owns one of the first EarthRoamers, and I really love his 40, very clean.

kvanoort
05-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I stopped in to the ER office in Broomfield a couple years ago and suggested the idea of a shared lease program. Being that the price of an ER is out of reach for many people and that most are not going to use an ER every weekend of the year, I thought owning a share of the vehicle might be appealing to a broader audience. From what the owner of the business told me, they can't build them fast enough so until things slow down it probably won't happen.

Maddmatt
05-09-2007, 04:04 PM
I stopped in to the ER office in Broomfield a couple years ago and suggested the idea of a shared lease program. Being that the price of an ER is out of reach for many people and that most are not going to use an ER every weekend of the year, I thought owning a share of the vehicle might be appealing to a broader audience. From what the owner of the business told me, they can't build them fast enough so until things slow down it probably won't happen.

I've actually done all the research to set that up that arm of the business, in rough terms a group of 4 owners could own an EarthRoamer for slightly less per month to each owner than the cost of owning a basic Class C outright. The downsides of course are that you can only use it 1/4 of the time, and there are 3 other people using it the rest of the time.

Our only hold up is time and space, we continue to have a long backorder, and just don't have the space to store somebody else's truck. I wouldn't be surprised if you see fractional ownerships by EarthRoamer in a couple years when we have more room.

In the meantime, if a group of 4 wants to buy one, I would be happy to work with you to get it set up. You just have to find a place to store and service it on your own, that's the kicker.
-Matt