PDA

View Full Version : CM07 a great success thanks to all!!!!!

RockRunner
05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
I would like to thank all of the folks who made this event what it is today. I was at the first CM and it has come a long long way since then. The organization and attention to detail was first rate, the time spend planning this event can be seen at every stage. All the volunteers and staff did a wonderful job helping people out and getting the information out to the participants.

The trail leaders and gunners deserve a ton of credit too. Ben, Cheese man and Joe Calligio (sp) even though I did not get to make it all the way up Pritchard Canyon. I broke a weld on one of my spring pads and was forced to turn around, bummer because the truck was doing great.

Jay and I had a great time and can't wait to come back next year.

Thanks again to all that made this a top notch event:thumb: :cheers:

Red_Chili
05-07-2007, 12:02 PM
I broke a weld on one of my spring pads and was forced to turn around, bummer because the truck was doing great.

:eek:

AW CRUM!:rant:

Bring it back for warranty. Which weld?

farnhamstj
05-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks everyone I had a great time and can't wait for next year. Troy, Scott, and thier crew did a wonderful job with the overnight run. Thanks to All the Rising Sun members that invested so much time so everyone could enjoy themselves. Christo is a great trail leader. Ben good gunnin. Matt and Jethro; I really enjoyed e-hill, thanks for the full spectrum of weather.

wesintl
05-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Kudos to Tim for the Vendor night. I think it's set to be bigger and bigger every year!

RockRunner
05-07-2007, 01:43 PM
:eek:

AW CRUM!:rant:

Bring it back for warranty. Which weld?

Left rear spring perch. No biggie, I think I am going to take the axle out and then take all teh stuff off so there will be more room to weld it. At the same time I will redo the shock mounts so I can do the /\ style mounting. We were hoping Marlin was going to catch up with us but he never came so i had to do a trail repair and head back home.

Red_Chili
05-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Good idea. Yeah, it was hard to get a complete weld with the stuff all bolted in. Guess I (or more accurately, YOU) paid the price for that.

I apologize! I want to see the weld failure anyway.

90 Weight
05-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Thought Id let you guys know that the paper I work for is letting me run a photo essay 1 full color page.....ALL ABOUT CM07!!!!

Ill let everyone know when its getting ready to come out and you can check it out on www.durangoherald.com

nuclearlemon
05-07-2007, 05:14 PM
sweet. :cheers:

FrĪsT
05-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Just have to say it was an awesome time. I thank everyone who put effort into this event. It will be one I will remember! It will also be one I look forward to in my upcomming years.

Great job and thanks!!

nakman
05-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks Wes, I agree Vendor Night was a success, and totally fun. You should have see the look on Red Chili's face over at Marlin's truck.. like Charlie meeting Willy Wonka.. :lmao: but then again I felt the same way, it was hard to turn away as he kept bringing cool thing after cool thing out of his pickup and explained how it all works. I bought a tree saver from UDS, that Expeditions West taco was awesome.. beyond tricked out. The new RTT from Chad looked way cool, I forgot to pick up a ladder though :doh: Safari LTD had several sweet trucks on display, as did Proffits and Slee.. CruiserOutfitters was selling stuff like mad, I think even SROR even sold a bumper? Anyway all of the vendors I talked to thought it was great, wished it were bigger, and wanted to do it again next year.

And Eli, totally enjoyed hanging with you & your bro on Saturday & Saturday night, glad to see you made it back home alright. Congrats again on winning the "comic award."

Hulk
05-07-2007, 07:06 PM
By the time I got back from my birf delivery to Monticello, all the vendor sites but Safari LTD had gone dark. Sounds like it was cool. I hung with Hugh and his crew for a good long time. They donated a ton of stuff to the raffle, too.

Red_Chili
05-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Next year it would be great to get all the vendors together in one central location if possible. Bigger and better, even! It was great.

RockRunner
05-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Next year it would be great to get all the vendors together in one central location if possible. Bigger and better, even! It was great.

I agree with Bill, we should try to get them all in the same area. Maybe in the middle section where the registration was or in the back area where the tech inspection was, atleast nearby there. Either way it was way cool seeing some of the toys they brought out. To bad the wife stole my CC out of my wallet or else $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Red_Chili
05-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Wise wife...:lmao: :hill:

90 Weight
05-08-2007, 11:36 AM
cant wait till next year :D

Holley TBI and proffitts SOA allready on the way

lowsplitjim
05-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Hello, I am a new member to the forums, My name is Jim.
I was @ CM07 for the first time this year... What a great time, Thank you To all that helped put the event on & my boss, Hugh for lettin me be there during the week.
Cant wait till CM08...

Jenny Cruiser
05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Do you drive the mini that got stuck trying to get back on the highway after Wipe Out? That's a pretty cool truck. :D

lowsplitjim
05-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Yep that was me, Funny how I could make it up the right side of wipe-out without lockers... But cant make it on the highway in 2WD:lmao: