PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined Up

FrĪsT
05-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey all,

Just joined the forums, I met a few of you at CM 2007. I was the tag along/viedographer,photographer for Leif (xTr3m3).

Anyhow a little bit about myself, I know very little about cars, let alone cruisers. I do not own a cruiser yet and will hopefully have that changed here in a year or two once I get a garage and some cash.

I live over in the Green Mountain area will probably be tagging along some more with Leif to a few meetings and hopefully do some trail runs with him using his Taco.

Anyhow my real expertise as of now lies within computers. I do a lot of webbased programming etc. Anything computer wise I can pretty much do.

In the next year or two you should see me become more active as I try to get my first cruiser (which will be an FJ-40) up and going.

Finally I have to say I was very impressed with the way the Rising members upheld themselves and befriended everyone at CM '07. It was nice to see a bunch of good people get together. I look forward to riding along on a few trails with you. By the way my name is Jim.

Hulk
05-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Welcome, Jim!

farnhamstj
05-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the Board. When I got my 1st cruiser I could hardly change the oil. Start setting money aside and watching for deals, so when you find what you want, you can afford it. Good luck and have fun.

FrĪsT
05-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the Board. When I got my 1st cruiser I could hardly change the oil.

Thats what I hear from everyone, so I figured heck why not me? =)

Start setting money aside and watching for deals, so when you find what you want, you can afford it.

Yea, the main hold up will be the garage. Right now living in a townhome for at least another year and a half. Hopefully I can make enough money off this house when I sell it to afford a house with a decent garage. I am wanting to start out fresh with a stock FJ-40 and am thinking I want to re-build the engine so I can learn all the parts etc. That or do like I hear alot of people do and get one that works and fix stuff as they break. I plan to start a savings plan and invest time in reading some material and helping my bro fix up his whenever he decides to add or upgrade something on his FJ-40.

Either way I really appreciated the hospitality shown and I will be here to learn =)

wesintl
05-07-2007, 01:02 PM
as romer would say... just get an 80 and be done ;)

Welcome and good luck on the vehicle choice no matter what it is. :thumb: