PDA

View Full Version : The most amazing thing I saw at CM07

ScaldedDog
05-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Not being the most socially oriented guy, CM07 was all about the wheelin' for me. That said, the most amazing thing I saw wasn't some tubed-out buggy, or a really cool manuver, or even the great spotting Joe did on BTR. No, it was Marlin.

Here's the closest thing the Toyota wheeling world has to a freaking rock star leaving is his wife out on the trail in the middle of nowhere to shag parts from town for a guy he didn't even know. I thought I'd be in awe of his truck, or maybe his knowledge, but it ended up being his humility I'll remember.

Mark

J Kimmel
05-07-2007, 07:40 PM
he's a really good dude, I've met him a couple of times before, and I was really happy to get to run at least most of a trail with him :)

I was supposed to run Pritchett on Saturday with he and Joe, I was really bummed when I couldn't take the truck :(

There are a million stories about stuff like that he does on a regular basis, I'll always try and get parts from him.

nuclearlemon
05-07-2007, 10:21 PM
for years, he's been showing up at events the night of the raffles, donating stuff, spending half the night fixing other people's rigs, and heading home. not just at cm either. he does it at many events.

Myredyota
05-08-2007, 12:57 AM
1. Seeing Marlin, didn't get to meet him.:o
2. Seeing my front wheels like this.. l \ .. twice on one obstacle!:eek:
3. Finding a quarter inch of sand in my tent Thursday night!:eek:
4. Ticket # 756744!:D
5. Seeing Shorty coast at least 1.5 miles into town after running out of gas! He made it right to the pump!:lmao:

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Red_Chili
05-08-2007, 06:56 AM
Marlin is an amazingly class act. He sets the standard for character, that's for sure. Not an ounce of ego, and of all people he certainly could have some ego.

RockRunner
05-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Marlin always reaches out whenever he can. he was at the first CM in '97 and showed us all his little and big toys. He hasn't changed a bit, still humble and kind. I wish he did make the Pritchett run on Saturday, it would have been reall cool to have wheeled with him and Joe C.

Can't wait till next year!!!

Red_Chili
05-08-2007, 10:12 AM
It was awesome wheeling Behind the Rocks with him and Joe C.
Joe is an amazing spotter, big-time confidence inspiring (BTR had my mental goat, which was pretty obvious to all I'm sure, especially the first obstacle). Marlin was a great training resource on schoolin' me on when to use his gears.