PDA

View Full Version : Gunnison NF Travel Management Changes

Red_Chili
05-08-2007, 07:52 AM
From Gene King:
The Gunnison is holding meetings for interested persons to review the Travel Management maps of the proposed actions. All meetings will be from 5:30 PM to 8 PM

The schedule is:
Paonia, May 23rd (Wed), Paonia Town Hall, 214 Grand Ave

Gunnison, May 30th (Wed), Gunnison County Fairgrounds (Multi-Purpose Room), (Fred R. Field Western Heritage Center, 275 S. Spruce

Crested Butte, June 5th (Tue), Crested Butte Community School, 818 Red Lady Ave

Lake City, June 6 (Wed), Lake City Community School (Middle HS Wing, Room 6/8), 614 Silver

The agenda is: 5:30 - 5:45 Sign-in/receive handouts
5:45 - 6:30 PowerPoint presentation on the travel analysis process
6:30 - 8:00 Small group work sessions
If you have never attended the new format travel management comment meetings, you are in for a treat I think. They are very different than they used to be, with special interest groups competing for mic time and monopolizing the same three or four "talking points". Now, once a point is made, it's made, and you have to comment on other aspects of motorized travel. The result is much more balanced, nuanced, and complete, and all participants get educated in the process and actually have to build consensus.

Seldom Seen
05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
If you have never attended the new format travel management comment meetings, you are in for a treat I think. They are very different than they used to be......

Yep, very interesting. Came away from the Pike meeting with a warm fuzzy :)

To bad that (in yet another in a long line of Under Secretary Rey's screw ups) The whole deal is on hold for now.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/gmug/policy/plan_rev/proposed/suspension/20070503PFP_suspended.pdf

http://www.montrosepress.com/articles/2007/05/08/local_news/6.txt

Red_Chili
05-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I saw that. It will be straightened out methinks.