PDA

View Full Version : quick rant while i take a break

nuclearlemon
05-12-2007, 02:07 PM
from removing tie rods...i hate these f'n things. one lousy end is holding me up. i've beat the piss out of the pickle fork, i've coated it in pb blaster, i've put heat on it, i've pounded on the castle nut, i've pounded on the rod itself....f'n thing just isn't coming out. after i drink a beer, i'm going to put it on jackstands and pull the tire so i can get a better angle. f'n tie rod ends. :mad:

rant off

nuclearlemon
05-12-2007, 03:02 PM
appropriately, the same end that was such a beeeatch to get out of the steering arm also doesn't want to come out of the rod. i've done the first round of heat and pb blaster, along with putting almost all of my weight on it. time for another beer.

Crash
05-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Ige,
If you want to work on something else, I can come over tomorrow morning with the tre puller and make quick work of it for you. Out the door for a graduation party right now or would come over this afternoon.
S

wesintl
05-12-2007, 03:13 PM
pound the end of the steering arm with a sledge.

nuclearlemon
05-12-2007, 04:20 PM
first post was just getting the end from the steering arm. second arm is trying to get it loose from the rod. al is here now, so i got to see just how much my bench flexes. he's just pulling on the pipe wrench. i was doing pull ups on the pipe wrench. :eek:

Beater
05-12-2007, 09:52 PM
2 words.

blue wrench

nuclearlemon
05-12-2007, 10:37 PM
btdt. don't have the t shirt yet though.

finally got it. got the new ends all coated in antiseize and assembled. will get them ont he rig tomorrow.

al came over and we determined that drinking was more important today,:D

Uncle Ben
05-12-2007, 11:04 PM
btdt. don't have the t shirt yet though.

finally got it. got the new ends all coated in antiseize and assembled. will get them ont he rig tomorrow.

al came over and we determined that drinking was more important today,:D

Thank you Ige for working on it today! :beer: :thumb: :)

Hulk
05-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Way to go, Ige!!! Hope the drinking was successful. :D