PDA

View Full Version : Hi from New Zealand

farnhamstj
05-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Arrived a couple days ago after many hours in airplanes. Den to LA. 3.5 hrs LA to Auckland 12.5 hours. Add 2 driving from Vail, 2 for arriving early to check in and 5 hrs layover at LAX. It's colder here than Moab was. Been hanging with the in-laws and cousins, Had at least 30 people to visit yesterday. Maternal side for lunch (gray hair crowd) Cousins and such for dinner/party till 2am. Drank a lot of beer, Speights. Hope everyone is having a good time on that side of the Earth. Peace, Farnham

Jenny Cruiser
05-13-2007, 12:01 AM
What is that something like a day's worth of traveling? I did just over 25 hrs once on the way home from Japan. Hope you have good kids. My 5 yr old would freak after 20 mins. 80ish here and sunny. What Island are you on?

corsair23
05-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Arrived a couple days ago after many hours in airplanes. Den to LA. 3.5 hrs LA to Auckland 12.5 hours. Add 2 driving from Vail, 2 for arriving early to check in and 5 hrs layover at LAX. It's colder here than Moab was. Been hanging with the in-laws and cousins, Had at least 30 people to visit yesterday. Maternal side for lunch (gray hair crowd) Cousins and such for dinner/party till 2am. Drank a lot of beer, Speights. Hope everyone is having a good time on that side of the Earth. Peace, Farnham

Yeah, that is a long ass trip ain't it? :eek:

Did that in '96. It was weird...get on the plane, eat, watch a movie, sleep for 6-8 hours, wake up and you're STILL on the plane and still over water. I heard that some hit Fiji on the way down just to break the trip up a little.

Enjoy New Zealand. We spent a week on the South Island and would like to go back...For a looooonnnnngggg time :thumb: