PDA

View Full Version : When is a good time of year to....

Red_Chili
05-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Get knee surgery? I have what are probably meniscus tears in both knees (probably degenerative from years of dirt biking without the proper equipment - NO one had the proper equipment back then...). Like a headache in both knees 24/7. Makes a boy fell old.

Winter? Well, you have the holidays, and of course it has to happen after antelope and elk hunting. Spring? Sheesh, miss all the wheeling, Moab, dirt biking... Summer? same. Fall? Can't conflict with hunting. Gee, I've come full circle.

So it looks like a trip to the orthopedist for me today. Anybody had this done?

nuclearlemon
05-16-2007, 07:55 AM
i was supposed to, but i have this thing about doctors and carving my body open

Red_Chili
05-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Me too- but they make small holes for arthroscopy. I have a fear of developing arthritis if I put it off - that would make my current level of knee-ache feel like a warm fuzzy in comparison. So I'm getting off the dime.

After carving open some antelope and elk, you realize it's all pretty much the same technology in there...

MDH33
05-16-2007, 08:12 AM
I used to work in an Ortho clinic, saw lots of degenerated knees. Definately get it fixed before your cartilage is gone. It might mean missing a single season of hunting, but it will be worth it if it allows you to continue doing what you enjoy in the future. You won't be wheeling, hunting or riding if you have blown out knees.

Don't be afraid of a little surgery. :thumb:

Hulk
05-16-2007, 08:13 AM
I've been thinking about getting my right knee done. It's been injured 5 years, but I could live with it. I re-injured it a few months back, and now it's painful. I can't kneel on it at all.

Red_Chili
05-16-2007, 08:16 AM
I used to work in an Ortho clinic, saw lots of degenerated knees. Definately get it fixed before your cartilage is gone. It might mean missing a single season of hunting, but it will be worth it if it allows you to continue doing what you enjoy in the future. You won't be wheeling, hunting or riding if you have blown out knees.

Don't be afraid of a little surgery. :thumb:
I figure if I don't delay I won't miss hunting this fall at all. Part of what got me off the dime. This year the whole fam is going goat plinking!

Maddmatt
05-16-2007, 08:17 AM
The best time is always three months ago. You would be recovered by now, and wondering what took you so long.:D

I had my ACL reconstructed and lots of damaged meniscus removed, lets see, 17 years ago. They used the scope, but I think only as a tease, I have 2 small scope scars, and two 2"+ long "Frankenstein" scars - BUT - 17 years later and the only pain I have comes from two things: Too much time on the knee (standing at trade shows, etc...) and too much time off the knee (TV time during football season, for example.

Small price to pay compared to the constant nagging "reminder" pain you'll have if you don't get them fixed.

Word to the wise: Listen to your PT, if you do your exercises after surgery your recovery will go much better.

That's all I have to say about that, its not very often that I can lend actual first hand experience to a discussion on here, so thanks for the opportunity to throw in my 2cents.
-Matt

Shark Bait
05-16-2007, 08:21 AM
I had my hip replaced in February because I didn't want to have my whole summer ruined. My wife had hers done, each in June the last two summers. It just kind of blew the whole summer for her. Now my recovery is taking a little longer than anticipated, but I should have most of my summer left.

You'll know when you're ready, Bill.

Red_Chili
05-16-2007, 08:37 AM
If it is a meniscus tear, and it is in the nonvascular area and they just snip it, Google tells me I might be a bit hobbled for three weeks. If they repair it instead, it could be three months. Ick.

Hope they do both knees at once.

timmbuck2
05-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Word to the wise: Listen to your PT, if you do your exercises after surgery your recovery will go much better.
-Matt

x100! At least my PT was cute. :)

My surgery a few years ago was on my heel, not the knee, but I had it done in January, right after new year's. Kinda dead time of the year for me, was healthy and back to normal before spring...

T

Red_Chili
05-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah, if I had been thinking I woulda done it then. But I might have missed the Kokopelli Trail ride in March!

RockRunner
05-16-2007, 01:10 PM
If it is a meniscus tear, and it is in the nonvascular area and they just snip it, Google tells me I might be a bit hobbled for three weeks. If they repair it instead, it could be three months. Ick.

Hope they do both knees at once.

DON'T SNIP IT!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me on this. I have seven, yes seven major surgeries on my knees now and all I have is pain and that is not counting the clean ups between those. The pills you may see me take everyday are for the pain. My left knee should have been replaced last year my right knee in about three years if I stay this active.

I have no meniscus and that is what caused most of my problems. Unless you plan on sitting around from now on hold onto your meniscus, you can't get it back.

You can do both knees at the same time but you will be immobile for a long while and most surgeons will not do it unless they have to. Do one knee at a time and just pick a date, there never is a good one. I have put it off for so long now that even my pain pills hardly touch the pain.

If you want to talk about it give me a call, this is one area I am an expert in :mad:

Red_Chili
05-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Well, the doc thinks it ain't the meniscuseseses. He says I have Crap-itis.

Or was that crepitis?
Anywho, he thought he felt a chunk floating around. Matches the pain symptoms almost exactly. They will do an orbital x-ray (to make sure there ain't no steel in my ocular orbits) and then an MRI, and then they'll know for sure.

If so, they will just break out the arthroscope and a shop vac and clean it out. Quick recovery most likely.

Note to the kids: wear knee and shin guards if you wanna go dirt biking. NOBODY wore them when I was a kid, I think that's the problem.

mhdsummers
05-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Like a headache in both knees 24/7. Makes a boy fell old.

Thats the first time I have ever heard someone describe the pain like that besides me. I have pain like that in both of my arms. Feels like a migraine headache in my elbow when it flares up.

I had surgery on my foot. Just plan on it taking twice as long as you think to heal. That way you will not get discouraged when it takes longer to heal then you thought it would.

Good luck!

Jacket
05-17-2007, 11:58 AM
I can't comment from personal experience, but I can say that two people on my block had total knee replacements done this month. So maybe it's now :dunno:

Shark Bait
05-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Colorado Joint Replacement did my hip. Doug Dennis is the best in town. 720-524-1367 Hips & knees is all they do. :D

Red_Chili
05-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Uh...
Oh, OK...I thought I had flipped to the autobody post for a minute.

:lmao: :lmao:
Actually, we live in wonderful times, don't we?

RockRunner
05-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Red that is good news. Much better to get a good cleanup than to start cutting up parts.

Just got back from my new doctor who told me I need to get surgery on my back, I will start my own tread asking for referrals from the group.

Are we still on for Saturday morning? Let me know what time works, I'll PM you too.

Again congrats on the good news.

Red_Chili
05-18-2007, 08:03 AM
PM returned.

Yeah, I still have not heard back on when they will do the MRI!

Red_Chili
05-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Red Chili here, your war correspondent from the kneeward front.

Mr. Left Knee is biowaste now. I am sitting in a chair in the horse piddle room. Did some walking around under the PT techs' supervision. Last night the femoral nerve block slipped out of position or something and it was pretty hellish (pain about 8 on a scale of 10) until 4am... but I am nicely loopy now and not in pain. Even morphine did nothing. Whew.

Pretty wild stuff, replacing a knee joint one day and walking the next. Do we live in fantastic times, or what??!? :thumb:

Inukshuk
05-07-2009, 09:32 AM
A. LOVE the new Avatar.
B. I wish you a speedy recovery!

MDH33
05-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Great news Bill, hope your therapy goes well and you'll be feeling better in no time. So what kind of implant did you get? :thumb:

Uncle Ben
05-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Good luck Bill! We will be praying for a good and quick recovery! :thumb:

AxleIke
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Best of luck Bill. Hope you get well quickly!

corsair23
05-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Wishing you the best Bill :thumb:

The rest of the summer is going to be a let down for you after all you've been through the last couple of weeks :hill:

Air Randy
05-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Hey, if you need someone to drive your truck, you know, to keep the seals lubed up, etc let me know. I'm always willing to help a buddy during a time of need :D

Heal up real soon so we can get back on the trail soon.

Red_Chili
05-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Great news Bill, hope your therapy goes well and you'll be feeling better in no time. So what kind of implant did you get? :thumb:
Titanium with polyurethane pads. I now have more in common with my truck! They can change the pads out as they wear out (depending on usage etc., instead of replacing the whole artificial joint).
Hey, if you need someone to drive your truck, you know, to keep the seals lubed up, etc let me know. I'm always willing to help a buddy during a time of need

Heal up real soon so we can get back on the trail soon.
LOL. Ya know, that does bring things in mind though. I have to rebuild the rear diff and regear the front... and probably won't be able to crawl under the truck for a while. But if anyone wanted to learn how to regear a diff that might be one way to learn! Of course, Robbie in the director's chair would be a better choice... but mebbe some form of Ring and Pinion Pizza Party might work out...

Red_Chili
05-07-2009, 02:45 PM
good Luck Bill! We Will Be Praying For A Good And Quick Recovery! :thumb:
Thank You!!

Air Randy
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Titanium with polyurethane pads. I now have more in common with my truck! They can change the pads out as they wear out (depending on usage etc., instead of replacing the whole artificial joint).

LOL. Ya know, that does bring things in mind though. I have to rebuild the rear diff and regear the front... and probably won't be able to crawl under the truck for a while. But if anyone wanted to learn how to regear a diff that might be one way to learn! Of course, Robbie in the director's chair would be a better choice... but mebbe some form of Ring and Pinion Pizza Party might work out...

A guy posted up 2 brand new sets of 4.88 ring & pinion gears today on MUD for $300 plus shipping. I was going to put dibs on them for you but within 5 minutes there were like 4or 5 others already lined up for them.

I'd be more than glad to help R&R the diffs, best if you do the gear setup though unless you are willing to share your knowledge and teach some of us how to properly setup gears.

pmccumber
05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
11 of them. 3 ACLs. 2 Meniscus surgeries. 5 Microfracture. Couple that with several broken legs and there was a point where I had spent about 1/3 of a 15 year period on crutches. The two most developed parts of my body are my calves and triceps from hopping around on crutches.

MaddMatt is DEAD ON. My first ACL sucked so bad (I was in the hospital for 5 days) as the procedures were so primitive comparatively that I was afraid to PT it hard. Big mistake. I never got that one back completely and the rehab was much worse. The other two I went after it very aggressively and they came out much better.

Chili, It sounds like your pain though is arthritic (bone on bone). That can be cause by meniscus injuries or damage thereof but in general, a meniscus injury, or at least one that can be fixed, causes acute pain. Take your thumb and drive it very hard around the lip of the meniscus, when you hit where the tear is, you'll know. They have some newer, somewhat difficult, procedures to build up those areas now.

And Matt, you're injury sounds like patella. I injured mine and neglected it and that was the source of all the microfracture surgeries.

RockRunner
05-07-2009, 04:02 PM

Bill first of great to hear you are doing well. I know what you are going through and it is not fun. The Titanium knee with pads sounds like a good option or me, can still be active without the fear of needing to replace the knee joint again.

I am offering my services to help re-gear your truck, under your supervision that is. I would love how to it and do it right. just let me now when you are up to it.

How long did they say before you can go back to work and drive a clutch? What about normal exercise like jogging? Just curious as I am leaning more and more towards having it done this year.

Call if you need something.

Hulk
05-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Wow, you move fast! Glad to hear you're already on the path to recovery. I'll volunteer to help out in the diff swap -- I can at least be the guy who make sure the proper tool is in hand when needed.

Red_Chili
05-07-2009, 04:15 PM
A guy posted up 2 brand new sets of 4.88 ring & pinion gears today on MUD for $300 plus shipping. I was going to put dibs on them for you but within 5 minutes there were like 4or 5 others already lined up for them.

I'd be more than glad to help R&R the diffs, best if you do the gear setup though unless you are willing to share your knowledge and teach some of us how to properly setup gears.
I actually have two new sets on order from Trail Gear (letting the Marlin conflict go now - and lots of guys are having very good luck with them). They were less than $300. Thanks though!!

I think a ring and pinion party would be really quite fun. You cruiser guys would learn all the similarities between minis and cruisers (and some of the things that are much easier). Some of my tools are homemade and a bit crude and I have improved versions in my mind's eye... and I have no idea the condition of the bearings in the rear (front are undoubtedly fully serviceable and not needing replacement). But I bet we could get through it.

Let's let the dust settle a bit on my knee and we will see! We did a R&P pizza party with Chief years ago when I set up Justin's rear diff, that's where I really learned to do it. It was great, and it was good to share knowledge amongst those in the club needing to do this.

corsair23
05-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Count me in on the R&P party as well :thumb:

Oh, and if you need to drive an automatic for awhile, we could switch rigs for a bit :hill:

Red_Chili
05-07-2009, 04:25 PM
How long did they say before you can go back to work and drive a clutch? What about normal exercise like jogging? Just curious as I am leaning more and more towards having it done this year.

Call if you need something.
Thanks, Tom!
He said I can drive a clutch when I feel like I can. Like, not too far in the future at all, maybe next week. If I push it too hard I will pay with inflammation though, the muscles were really stretched out of the way and they don't like that.

Jogging... might take a bit longer, that is high impact. Might affect the joint's lifespan too, but hiking would be fine (such as walking through snowy forests hauling elk on my back). Working... again, when I feel like it. I hope to work remotely starting Monday depending on meds and mental acuity (the joy of being a 'knowledge worker'). Maybe half days through Wednesdays or so. Dunno. Play it by ear.

My doc is John K. Davis, straight shooter, he will tell you the pros and cons. Shoot him a call, Orthopaedic Physicians of Colorado.

pmccumber
05-07-2009, 06:17 PM
I just figured out this thread. These computers. You HAD the knee replacement and that must be because it was arthritic.

Sorry I was behind the times but I know a couple of people who have had those knee replacements and they have had fantastic success. And I've also heard the initial pain is quite a bit tougher than the ACLs. Sounds like you're managing it now though.

Doncha learn to love your doctors? I felt like having mine in my wedding party.

Red_Chili
05-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Yep, I have gotten terrific care from the docs and nurses here. Wonderful folks. The day nurse owns a 4Runner Limited and she and her husband are dying to get out to Moab. She just may show up at a club meeting after seeing the quality of folks in our club (through this thread and the CM pix thread). Proud of you all!

Yeah, I have/had no cartilage behind the patellas and the main joint cartilage is pretty rough. I know it will be an uphill battle but already I can feel the increased integrity of the joint.

RockRunner
05-08-2009, 08:25 AM
My doc is John K. Davis, straight shooter, he will tell you the pros and cons. Shoot him a call, Orthopaedic Physicians of Colorado.

Thanks Bill, I will give him a call. I am now having trouble walking up the stairs and that is when I said I would do it. I am looking forward to a pain free, as much as it can be, knee joint and maybe getting back some flexibility, I can't sit on my heals at all not even close.

I guess it is time to do more research again and start looking for a time of year to do it. keep the positive thoughts and push the rehab as much as you can and you will heal faster and better.

bh4rnnr
05-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Bill i'd be glad to help at the R&P party. Word has I do a pretty good job of holding a tarp during a rain storm:hill::beer:

MDH33
05-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Bill i'd be glad to help. Word has I do a pretty good job of holding a :beer:

fixed it for you. :D

nakman
05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Get well soon Bill! And hey when you're ready to wheel an automatic let me know, we can tape ski poles to the pedals for hand controls. :)

Red_Chili
05-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Bill i'd be glad to help at the R&P party. Word has I do a pretty good job of holding a tarp during a rain storm:hill::beer:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :thumb:
That's a fact! And not soon forgotten. Strangely enough, that whole unpleasantness is one of my fondest memories about CM09. Nothing like overcoming challenges as a group to build relationship, eh? Isn't that really why we wheel together anyway?

And seeing rare desert waterfalls jet out from the side of the cliff doesn't hurt either.

I'm getting more independent with the walker and crutches today. I got a little over eager yesterday and had a bit of a pain crisis late yesterday afternoon (8 on a scale of 10 :eek:). Today I did even more, and things aren't bad. I can definitely feel things change quickly. I'll have to snap some pix of the titanium/urethane joints they have on display, darn cool.

She showed me how to do a bunch of stuff like get food out of the fridge without falling over (always a plus). I asked her the best way to crawl under a 4x4 and she just got this kind of blank look in her eyes... :lmao:

So I will do some more thinking and maybe have you guys do this and that in exchange for beer and knowledge transfer. I need to see if I have any bearing damage in the blown diff, or if I caught it soon enough. It would be worth saving $150 if I can verify the bearings are fine (good OEM). Except for lifting the diff up, I think I might be good to go on disassembling it in a week or two.

Red_Chili
05-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Get well soon Bill! And hey when you're ready to wheel an automatic let me know, we can tape ski poles to the pedals for hand controls. :)
The only thing holding me back from driving TODAY (clutch or no clutch) is the pain meds I'm on. Pretty freaking amazing.

Red_Chili
05-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Well, I am about a half hour from going home. The nursing staff at Porter is just awesome. Best hospital stay EVER. I am able to put full weight on the new knee, but will use crutches (or a walker, depending) just for stability (falling would be a very bad thing... and I seem to have a history of it).

Is modern medical technology a miracle or WHAT?!?

The only real pain is the musculature around the knee. All the muscles got pulled around in some very unusual directions and they ain't happy. But that won't take long to get better. Now... physical therapy. And home.

Uncle Ben
05-09-2009, 11:56 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e362/Pavel13/old_man_walking_with_walker_lg_nwm.gif?t=1241891705

RockRunner
05-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Awesome to hear Bill, what pain pills do they have you on?

I am going to talk to your Doctor on Tuesday if they can fit me in.

Red_Chili
05-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Oxycodone and hydromorphone (Percocet and Demerol). Yeah, I know the risks. There will be some withdrawal.

UB, I actually started to take the walker (let the insurance buy the expensive unit, while I rented crutches from King Soopers), but realized I'd not even used it after the first day. Just crutches.

Kinda interesting. Once in a while the leg goes full lock 0* extension and the muscles kinda freak and pull it back to about 5-10*. The PT person explained it that since I no longer have an ACL nor PCL (the ligaments within the joint that hold things together) and have a lot of dead-end nerve endings that used to sense stuff in the joint, the muscles have fewer inputs to react to. Much of walking is handled by the lower spine, not the brain (like dinosaurs, who had a second brain there that handled most locomotion). So with fewer inputs the muscles are working a bit 'blind' and have to relearn.

I tend to push a bit hard with the CPM machine, which has led to a bit of a pain crisis with swelling about three times now. A home PT person will be here within the hour and I will work with him/her on that. Figure out what I am doing wrong.

Carrie is feeling like I don't need her much! I gotta remember to let her take care of me! :hill:

I can already tell that this joint will allow me more mobility than the old one. It will just take a bit of work. When the swelling goes down it will be a whole different ball game. Tom, tell the doc I sent you, and ask him lots of questions. He is blunt sometimes but straight up, and loves questions. He wants you to be fully informed.

:thumb:

wesintl
05-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Sounds like it's workin out so far. Here's to a good recovery :beer:

RockRunner
05-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Bill,
What was your range of motion before and what are you expected to reach? I am about 5* from full lock and can not bend back more than 105* or 15* from 90.

The pills you are taking are fine. Your body may become addicted to them but you wont. How long did they say you would be taking them? Did they tell you when you were allowed to carry 40# or more?

Just remember to take the CPM to the limit, every time I got one I made it work for me and rehab was far faster and better. A little pain and swelling is OK but not to much.

Please keep this thread up to date you are making this easier for me but I am still looking at jumping on the fence, once there I will only need a push I think. It is not an easy decision to make as you know and parting with a body part is kinda hard but I get the to be new aged with titanium.....................

Uncle Ben
05-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Oxycodone and hydromorphone (Percocet and Demerol). Yeah, I know the risks. There will be some withdrawal.

UB, I actually started to take the walker (let the insurance buy the expensive unit, while I rented crutches from King Soopers), but realized I'd not even used it after the first day. Just crutches.

Kinda interesting. Once in a while the leg goes full lock 0* extension and the muscles kinda freak and pull it back to about 5-10*. The PT person explained it that since I no longer have an ACL nor PCL (the ligaments within the joint that hold things together) and have a lot of dead-end nerve endings that used to sense stuff in the joint, the muscles have fewer inputs to react to. Much of walking is handled by the lower spine, not the brain (like dinosaurs, who had a second brain there that handled most locomotion). So with fewer inputs the muscles are working a bit 'blind' and have to relearn.

I tend to push a bit hard with the CPM machine, which has led to a bit of a pain crisis with swelling about three times now. A home PT person will be here within the hour and I will work with him/her on that. Figure out what I am doing wrong.

Carrie is feeling like I don't need her much! I gotta remember to let her take care of me! :hill:

I can already tell that this joint will allow me more mobility than the old one. It will just take a bit of work. When the swelling goes down it will be a whole different ball game. Tom, tell the doc I sent you, and ask him lots of questions. He is blunt sometimes but straight up, and loves questions. He wants you to be fully informed.

:thumb:

Really awesome Bill! Keep it going and we'll keep a praying for a full and quick recovery!

Red_Chili
05-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Bill,
What was your range of motion before and what are you expected to reach? I am about 5* from full lock and can not bend back more than 105* or 15* from 90.
0* to >120*. I should get that back.

The pills you are taking are fine. Your body may become addicted to them but you wont. How long did they say you would be taking them? Did they tell you when you were allowed to carry 40# or more?
It depends on so many factors, they did not predict. It really depends on my progress (which so far is well above average, thank you all for your prayers!). But they said, take as long as I need to, long term success is more important than doing it quickly.

Just remember to take the CPM to the limit, every time I got one I made it work for me and rehab was far faster and better. A little pain and swelling is OK but not to much.
Actually she said I had pushed too hard on the CPM. The instructions could have been clearer... so I was starting on 0-90* when that should have been my goal after 10 days...:eek: which explains why I had a pain crisis every time.:brick:

:doh:

So my goal for today is more like 0-60*. Duh.
She was extremely impressed that I was stable with one crutch already. She said push the exercises but don't get cocky with risky things (like not using crutches...).

Please keep this thread up to date you are making this easier for me but I am still looking at jumping on the fence, once there I will only need a push I think. It is not an easy decision to make as you know and parting with a body part is kinda hard but I get the to be new aged with titanium.....................
I sure will. Just remember each person is different...

For that matter, each knee is different. I hope the right one will go even smoother.

Red_Chili
05-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Really awesome Bill! Keep it going and we'll keep a praying for a full and quick recovery!
Believe me, I don't take this for granted! Thank you VERY VERY MUCH.

Beater
05-10-2009, 06:28 PM
maybe when I am your age I will get mine fully replaced....

:D

RockRunner
05-11-2009, 09:57 AM
0* to >120*. I should get that back.

Good to hear, I want to get some more range

But they said, take as long as I need to, long term success is more important than doing it quickly. That is true, just stay on top of it. I am sure you will anyway.

Actually she said I had pushed too hard on the CPM. The instructions could have been clearer... so I was starting on 0-90* when that should have been my goal after 10 days...:eek: which explains why I had a pain crisis every time.:brick:
I meant if they say 60* then do 60 plus maybe 5, not 90 :eek:

:doh:

So my goal for today is more like 0-60*. Duh.
She was extremely impressed that I was stable with one crutch already. She said push the exercises but don't get cocky with risky things (like not using crutches...). That is exactly what I mean, you see to many people on the couch afterwards sitting doing nothing. Then they complain they did not recover all the way and blame it on the doctor

I sure will. Just remember each person is different...

For that matter, each knee is different. I hope the right one will go even smoother. I hear ya, it is so hard to decide on this but it does help to talk to people who have gone through it instead of all the people who have heard about it. If you have never blown up a knee you DO NOT know the pain it can cause or just get some meniscus stuck in the joint..........I am feeling the pain now :bawl:

Got a message from the Doctor he did not have room to see me.:mad:

Red_Chili
05-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Got a message from the Doctor he did not have room to see me.:mad:
:(
Did they refer you to someone else in the practice?? :confused:

Lots of good docs there. The podiatrist is a great guy too! He did a nonsurgical experimental plantar fasciitis treatment on me that worked wonderfully.
maybe when I am your age I will get mine fully replaced....

:D
Like... next year?
:lmao::lmao::lmao::beer:

Cruzrman
05-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I've had both knees done twice (torn Meniscus). It's a degenerative condition, and everybody's recovery time will very. I've walked out of the hospital after the surgery on all 4 occasions, and was up and running after the first week. Not 100%, but able to carry on a somewhat normal life. Let me know if you need a great orthopedist.
Cruzrman
P.S. Make sure they give you the ice chest and pump to wrap your knee post-surgery. It made all the difference for me as compared to without.

bh4rnnr
05-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Good to here on the speedy recovery there Bill!

RockRunner
05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I got an appointment with him May 14th at 1:30. The first appointment was a maybe since he wasn't coming in for sure.

I am seeing three different doctors before I decide on this and just like you I need to find the right time of year to do it. I just played my first game of anything last Thursday, softball, and did really well. The back has been doing well and I have pushed it on occasion lifting way to much or working it way to long. I pay for it for a few days but then am back to normal as normal can be.

I will let you know what he has to say when I see him.