PDA

View Full Version : Colorado National Monument

bh4rnnr
10-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Anybody ever go there?? Almost made a stop on the way home from the Outlaws Run this year. Wouldnt mind getting out for a long weekend maybe sometime in Feb.... Anybody else up for going sometime??? Would like to get as much hiking in as I can while out there.

nuclearlemon
10-26-2005, 11:33 PM
went there about five years ago with a friend and her brother.

Uncle Ben
10-26-2005, 11:43 PM

Did all three of you come back? :eek:

nuclearlemon
10-27-2005, 09:55 AM
:D guess you'll have to go and find out

bh4rnnr
10-27-2005, 01:17 PM

Any good places to check out while there?? Gonna start looking around on the net about it....

Darren
11-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Perry, you could check out Rattlesnake Canyon (http://www.mycolorado.org/images/rattlesnake/index.htm). It's definitely a cool spot, and it's 4.5 miles of easy hiking to see all the arches. It's not a loop hike, just an up-and-back route. If you were to check it out in February, be advised that the access roads are closed from February 15 through April 15. I've still just been the one time, but really want to get back there.

Another canyon in the Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness is Mee Canyon, which has a few more arches. It's a lengthier hike, but I can't recall all the details, and am unable to find a link I had for it. I have yet to go there, but it, too, is enticing.

bh4rnnr
11-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Perry, you could check out Rattlesnake Canyon (http://www.mycolorado.org/images/rattlesnake/index.htm). It's definitely a cool spot, and it's 4.5 miles of easy hiking to see all the arches. It's not a loop hike, just an up-and-back route. If you were to check it out in February, be advised that the access roads are closed from February 15 through April 15. I've still just been the one time, but really want to get back there.

Another canyon in the Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness is Mee Canyon, which has a few more arches. It's a lengthier hike, but I can't recall all the details, and am unable to find a link I had for it. I have yet to go there, but it, too, is enticing.

Darren, thanks for the info. Maybe them closing the access roads will get my but in gear.