PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing reading! Be carefull!!!!!

Uncle Ben
05-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Run across this thread (http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=95810) on co4x4.org. Spooky stuff!!!! :mad:

Red_Chili
05-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I did too. I know for a fact there are those who would cheer such an act. Watch your six and do a once-around on your rig. I don't find it credible that they loosened by themselves.

Hulk
05-16-2007, 09:26 AM
That's seriously scary. What is it with these people? It's like burning down that lodge at Vail. In the end, Vail Resorts rebuilt it bigger than the original one, and the insurance paid for the damage. They accomplished nothing, other than polluting the air with smoke and causing even more trees to be cut down for the rebuild.

We'll start keeping an eye out for these people. Also might be a good idea not to leave your keys in the truck when you park it up the trail and walk back. I know I do that all the time.

Red_Chili
05-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Extremism of all stripes worries me.

What's next, pop the truck out of gear, unset the brake and jump out?

Uncle Ben
05-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Extremism of all stripes worries me.

What's next, pop the truck out of gear, unset the brake and jump out?

Why jump out? Oh....you were talking about others doing it! :hill: Just kidding of course trying to polish the tread with some lightheartedness. The fact is this crap really boils my blood! I have a huge problem accepting the fact that people mess with other peoples property in the first place but to do malicious acts such as those referenced puts me in hyper thump mode. I have no doubt I will go to jail if I catch someone stealing or vandalizing someone else's stuff.....I just have no use for scum suckers like that! :rant: :mad:

treerootCO
05-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Someone stole a bottle of revive from my driveway last week. Ok, steal my tools, fine.....but fertilizer?

Ige put out some old moldy insulation for the trash man I had in my yard and someone picked it up within a few hours.

People do some strange things.....

I agree it wouldn't hurt to check before you head out.
With wheel spacers you do have to check and recheck your lugs. I know it is possible to lose all the lugs if they aren't checked on a regular basis.

Uncle Ben
05-16-2007, 10:06 AM
You, my friend, have been quite a target for the last year! It seems like it might be easy to nail your perpetrators as they strike often and quickly when something is grab able. I'm up for some surveillance! Lets bag them little asshats!

Someone stole a bottle of revive from my driveway last week. Ok, steal my tools, fine.....but fertilizer?

Ige put out some old moldy insulation for the trash man I had in my yard and someone picked it up within a few hours.

People do some strange things.....

I agree it wouldn't hurt to check before you head out.
With wheel spacers you do have to check and recheck your lugs. I know it is possible to lose all the lugs if they aren't checked on a regular basis.

timmbuck2
05-16-2007, 10:09 AM
last year someone 'stole' 10 clear garbage bags full of shredded leaves and grass clippings I was saving for mulch.....strange things...

Hulk
05-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Mike, you need to move to Centennial. It was ranked among the 25 safest cities in the U.S. (http://www.centennialcolorado.com/news/story.asp?id=320) It was the only Colorado city to rank in the top 25.

South side rulez! :clap:

Red_Chili
05-16-2007, 10:44 AM
In old Littleton, we put stuff out and people ask before they 'recycle' it. :D

Pretty cool really.

wesintl
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
I leave **** out all the time. Keys in the crusier half a bumper in the drive, cell on the bumper etc. nothing ever taken. :D knock on wood!

If I ever caught some greenie messing with my **** or someone elses for that matter I be giving a beat down for sure.

MDH33
05-16-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm skeptical. Seems like a lot of trouble to loosen all the lugs on a wheel when it would be much easier to just slash the tires. Who carries around a metric lug wrench other than your fellow wheelers? :confused:

I'm glad I have my OEM Lug Nut Protectors. :D Good luck pulling these suckers off without the proper tools.

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/153284299-M.jpg

Red_Chili
05-16-2007, 11:54 AM
The pix of all six lugs in place one hundred feet before this was pretty convincing. So was the similar story where a saboteur was caught.

Interesting comparo:
Linkie (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5539326,00.html)

leiniesred
05-16-2007, 02:40 PM
It is just "spark plug size." no special wrench really needed.

corsair23
05-16-2007, 03:33 PM
The hypocrisy of it all is what really gets me...

I hate hypocrites and the radical environmentalists seem to be the worst offenders. I honestly don't even think they realize it. Problem is, and always will be, that the radicals in any group give the rest a bad name.

I put the off roaders that go off the trail, mud bog, etc. in the same group as those that torch lodges or sabotage vehicles/equipment/trails.

Inukshuk
05-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I once had a wheel fall off my VW Thing because I forgot to tighten the lugBOLTS (yes, bolts on a VW). It took several miles and I had ample warning as the bolts whizzed by. I found all but one. This sounds like eco-terrorism to me.

timmbuck2
05-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm skeptical. Seems like a lot of trouble to loosen all the lugs on a wheel when it would be much easier to just slash the tires. Who carries around a metric lug wrench other than your fellow wheelers? :confused:

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/153284299-M.jpg

Why just slash the tires and be obvious? If his tire falls off at 65 MPH on the highway, then maybe if they are lucky they have 1 less 'evil' offroader....
:mad:

T

Ron Helmuth
05-17-2007, 11:18 AM
where is this Liberty they are referring to? so i can avoid it...

sweet Runner

Red_Chili
05-17-2007, 11:38 AM
put the off roaders that go off the trail, mud bog, etc. in the same group as those that torch lodges or sabotage vehicles/equipment/trails.
WORD!

Uncle Ben
05-17-2007, 11:53 AM
where is this Liberty they are referring to? so i can avoid it...

sweet Runner

Independence trail system. Penrose, CO. Fun stuff very hardcore! Great to watch buggies, hard core's, and wanna-be's play hard! Trails are fairly short but very technical. You can watch easily as the trails are in rocky washes so you can watch from above.

Here is a very old pic of me in Wild Rice on A-hole in Patriot...

MDH33
05-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Why just slash the tires and be obvious? If his tire falls off at 65 MPH on the highway, then maybe if they are lucky they have 1 less 'evil' offroader....
:mad:

T

That's just wrong. :(

timmbuck2
05-17-2007, 03:00 PM
That's just wrong. :(

yup...but the way a lot of them feel. Sad...