PDA

View Full Version : Moab to Michigan: help needed with tire transport

Hulk
05-16-2007, 12:29 PM
The guy who won the BFG tires at Cruise Moab lives in Michigan. We need to get 4 BFG Mud Terrain tires from Moab to him.

Tom and Bill, you guys are going to Moab in a few weeks, right? Could one of you pick up the tires at Chip's Grand Tire and bring them back to Denver?

RockRunner
05-16-2007, 12:56 PM
The guy who won the BFG tires at Cruise Moab lives in Michigan. We need to get 4 BFG Mud Terrain tires from Moab to him.

Tom and Bill, you guys are going to Moab in a few weeks, right? Could one of you pick up the tires at Chip's Grand Tire and bring them back to Denver?

I should be able to, I don't see why not. We plan on getting there Thursday afternoon and leaving Monday morning sometime. I would like to pick them up as late as possible so that we don't have to watch them the whole time. I guess I could lock them up at our camp site.

LMK what you need me to do, I don't foresee a problem.

leiniesred
05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm flying to Traverse City, MI in July. I wonder if I can check them?

Shark Bait
05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm flying to Traverse City, MI in July. I wonder if I can check them?
Doubtful. You're usually allowed 2 checked bags no more than 50 lbs. each. A third bag costs extra. The tires are at least 62 lbs. each.

Thanks for the offer, Steven.

RockRunner
05-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Any news on this??? Just wondering

Shark Bait
05-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks for reminding me. We shipped the tires today UPS, so we won't need the transport help. Thanks anyway!! :bowdown: :cheers:

RockRunner
05-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks for reminding me. We shipped the tires today UPS, so we won't need the transport help. Thanks anyway!! :bowdown: :cheers:

Bummer, I was going to break them in for him ;)

No worries, would have been no problem.