PDA

View Full Version : Ok so I have to brag...

Squishy!
05-16-2007, 08:08 PM
I discovered that I did not walk away from Cliffhanger unscathed. My rear drive shaft is a little worse for the wear after an encounter with an unhappy ledge. In fact it wobbles about an INCH. :eek: so out of round I nearly cried...

BUT! Burt has a wonderful Warranty Parts bin that happened to have a Tundra two piece drive shaft and a 4runner drive shaft. What do you get when you cross the rear section of a Tundra drive shaft and a 4runner slip yoke? A freakin beafy mini truck shaft! All for the wonderful price of doesn't-touch-my-wallet!

Hooray! Not to brag or anything...

Uncle Ben
05-16-2007, 08:20 PM
I discovered that I did not walk away from Cliffhanger unscathed. My rear drive shaft is a little worse for the wear after an encounter with an unhappy ledge. In fact it wobbles about an INCH. :eek: so out of round I nearly cried...

BUT! Burt has a wonderful Warranty Parts bin that happened to have a Tundra two piece drive shaft and a 4runner drive shaft. What do you get when you cross the rear section of a Tundra drive shaft and a 4runner slip yoke? A freakin beafy mini truck shaft! All for the wonderful price of doesn't-touch-my-wallet!

Hooray! Not to brag or anything...

Justin,
I know it messes with the "don't touch my wallet" school of thought but having your driveshafts retubed with .095 or .120 wall tube will eleviate your worries! For example my rear shaft also took a major hit and got swirlies from some huge optional ledges on Clifhanger early in the week. It is .120 wall and is still true except for needing a new "Krylon rebuild." So yes it's true my repair will cost more than yours but $5 for a rattle can of satin black is still pretty cheap!

Squishy!
05-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Yes, but that good old warranty bin will still be there after every trail run. And with the fancy double cardin on every single one of 'em...I'm happy.:D

P.S.- I see the Rice Crispies is official now!!! lol

Uncle Ben
05-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Yes, but that good old warranty bin will still be there after every trail run. And with the fancy double cardin on every single one of 'em...I'm happy.:D

At least for a while and for sure as long as it's only 2WD! :eek: :o :hill: :thumb:

Red_Chili
05-17-2007, 09:21 AM
As long as it's 2WD you will be less likely to go Snap-Krackle-Pop!

You need to have David Bosley (Tramontana) make you up some little Snap, Krackle and Pop elves on magnetic backing like my Red Chilis... 'Twould be classic!

Uncle Ben
06-15-2007, 01:30 AM

Update!!!! Sig line is back to normal again! Bye bye Crispies.... :thumb:

JUST SAY NO TO MINI TRUCK CHIT IN A CRUISER! ;)

Red_Chili
06-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Fer now... LOL

Uncle Ben
06-19-2007, 11:19 AM
update TTT

subzali
06-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Whoa...if you scroll up and/or down and look at either the right or left side of the picture it looks like it's spinning.

:D

Red_Chili
06-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Update!!!! Sig line is back to normal again! Bye bye Crispies.... :thumb:

JUST SAY NO TO MINI TRUCK CHIT IN A CRUISER! ;)
Or... just say no to a motorhome wrapped around good minitruck stuff!!!:lmao::lmao: J/K.....

OK, maybe to Mario Andretti on Poison Spider Mesa?:lmao::lmao:

Uncle Ben
06-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Whoa...if you scroll up and/or down and look at either the right or left side of the picture it looks like it's spinning.

:D
Dude.....just cause you graduated doesn't mean you need to be smokin' that stuff all the time now! :eek: :lmao: :hill: