PDA

View Full Version : June Meeting Presentation on Lightning

Shark Bait
05-18-2007, 04:58 PM
My friend George Hodge, of HodgeServices.com, will be at the upcoming June 6 meeting to talk to us about lightning. George is a forensics investigator and, among other things, investigates insurance claims for fraud. I thought about inviting George to a meeting while I was standing under Red_Chili's awning last year during the Jenny Creek work project as the thunder and lightning rained down all around us. Come to the June meeting for this enlightening presentation. :lmao: :eek: :p: :grinpimp:

Red_Chili
05-23-2007, 02:51 PM
That should spark some interest!
Unfortunately for me I will be in training and miss the June meeting, undergoing some electrifying PMP certification.

I'll have to rely on you to let me know if I should worry about the glow beneath my awning next time...
(http://www.sciam.com/askexpert_question.cfm?articleID=000CB330-61BF-1C71-9EB7809EC588F2D7)

wesintl
06-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks Chris!

I really enjoyed hearing what he had to say on lightening. I wish we had more time. :(

corsair23
06-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Thanks Chris!

I really enjoyed hearing what he had to say on lightening. I wish we had more time. :(

x2

Very interesting stuff indeed. Maybe George would be interested in doing another presentation on a separate night like the ARB seminar. I imagine he had some cool pics and what not as well.

Thanks to both you and George for setting this up!

Shark Bait
06-07-2007, 12:37 AM
You're welcome! Yes. Another night with more time and pictures would be great. :clap:

Seldom Seen
06-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Thanx Chris and pass along a thank you to George. Learned some new stuff and reinforced some old stuff. Never gave the antennas on my rigs a second thought, now I will.

Ron Helmuth
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
very interesting and thanks for setting that up Chris