PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Shark Bait
05-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Quiet board tonight. :eek:

Red_Chili
05-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Yesterday too. Let's you and me wake it up.

RockRunner
05-23-2007, 10:11 AM
We're all getting ready for the long weekend, I know I am.

Red_Chili
05-23-2007, 10:33 AM
I decided last night was my last opportunity to replace my sucky rear tire carrier latch with a cool one like Convert's. So I geared up for a small job, little plasma cutting here, little welding there, and had paint to redo the bumpers and sliders.

Yeah right.

It was well past dark by the time I decided to just weld the dadgum new latch instead of drilling/tapping/bolting the thing up. Slapped a little paint on it (that doesn't match what was there) and considered myself lucky to not be up till midnight.

Why does stuff take so much longer than you think it should? :D

nakman
05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Why does stuff take so much longer than you think it should?

It's taken me 4 hours to pull the hard top and put on the soft top on the 40. 30 minutes hard top removal, then 1 hour putting the roll cage back in (solo), then 1.5 hours locating all the pieces and bolting the aluminum hoops on, then another hour snapping the soft top in place, including tweaking in the door strikes, etc. Of course I have to clean everything but still.. seriously this fall I think I'll just buy another 40 with a hard top so I don't have to go through this again, as this has really cut into 80 mod time. :rolleyes:

Red_Chili
05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
... seriously this fall I think I'll just buy another 40 with a hard top so I don't have to go through this again, as this has really cut into 80 mod time. :rolleyes:
Just think of the time that saves you... on the 80!:thumb:

corsair23
05-23-2007, 03:43 PM
It's taken me 4 hours to pull the hard top and put on the soft top on the 40.

:eek:...and to think I thought I was slow :D

Actually, I think right now I am up to about 15 months on getting my hard top off and soft top on :hill:. I should have listened to Ron over at RMC when he asked "Are you sure you REALLY want a hard top?"...

But at least I know now that once I get my hard top hoist dealyo complete that I can expect it to take me at least 8 hours to do what you did in 4 :lmao:

timmbuck2
05-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Actually, I think right now I am up to about 15 months on getting my hard top off and soft top on :hill:.

Dang...I hope I can get an engine, tranny, tcase in my truck in less time than that!!! ;)

T

corsair23
05-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Dang...I hope I can get an engine, tranny, tcase in my truck in less time than that!!! ;)

T

Let's put it this way...I wouldn't bet you a $1 that I'll be done before you have your 40 running and decide to start modding it for the trails :hill:

I went from having 1 Cruiser wanting my attention to having 3 :eek:. Neglect is a form of Cruiser abuse, isn't it? :(

treerootCO
05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
only three? :D

corsair23
05-24-2007, 05:32 PM
only three? :D

Show off :hill:

If I had your skills 3 would be a walk in the park :thumb:. I'm slowly working my way up from oil changing 101 to axle rebuilding 101. i just hope the Cruisers cooperate on their "needs" :D

Hulk
05-29-2007, 12:54 AM
seriously this fall I think I'll just buy another 40 with a hard top so I don't have to go through this again

Do what Dave Brown did: sell the hard top. Problem solved.

Most of my hard top is in my crawl space, except for the fiberglass roof, which is hung from the ceiling of my garage.